unable to get meds.
    b2b1 is offline New Member

Default unable to get meds.

I am unable to get the meds. that are prescribed to me and Dr. has faxed over ok form to fill and Pharmacy is saying they cant fill it why I ask and I was told that not until next month I dont get it. Xanax is the drug. Now if this was antibiotic or Asprin I dont think I would be having this problem. This is the first time taking the Xanax and I didnt know how much it was going to take to work and I found out that 3-0.5 a day throughout the day do the trick for my anxiousness and panic attacks. My dose was to be 1/2-1 0.5 a day as needed. Tried that and saw nothing tried 2 a little something and 3 was the best I have felt in 5 yrs. finally free from it all. I know sounds crazy but true and I know I am not the only one. Does anyone know what I should do to get my meds. I am out and have been trying to get them for 3 days now and starting to feel a little bit of a mess and I dont want to go back that again How do I get my meds. that I need. I have left message with Dr. office and let them know that I still cant get my meds and still waiting to hear back from them to see what the deal is....

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by b2b1 View Post
    I am unable to get the meds. that are prescribed.....Pharmacy is saying they cant fill it why I ask and I was told that not until next month I dont get it. Xanax is the drug. Now if this was antibiotic or Asprin I dont think I would be having this problem......My dose was to be 1/2-1 0.5 a day as needed. Tried that and saw nothing tried 2 a little something and 3 was the best I have felt in 5 yrs....I am out and have been trying to get them for 3 days now and starting to feel a little bit of a mess and I dont want to go back that again How do I get my meds. that I need. I have left message with Dr. office and let them know that I still cant get my meds and still waiting to hear back from them to see what the deal is....
    You have to realize that xanax is not aspirin. Lots of ins companies won't pay for it, medicare HMOs won't pay for it. Pharmacies are very tightly regulated on dispensing anti-anxiety meds. Not judging you, I took xanax and klonopin and all the Benzos for MANY years. You talk about a sucky withdrawal. I thought I would die. And you can from the WD if you stop suddenly. These meds are intended to be taken for like 10 days at a time, not forever, though I thought I needed them forever too. I even had several seizures when I stopped. That should tell you something. I still get sparatic little jolts or electric shocks zapping me every so often from them.

Sounds like you have been jumping around trying to get the right dose. I understand that and that is the only way to find what works for you. Have you finished your last script before it was DUE to be refilled? If so, the pharmacy may or may not fill it. And I mean according to the way it was written, not what you and your dr agreed on. But that is likely the problem. Your dr is only going to raise a minimul objection to the pharmacy if any. They are watched for writing too many scripts of this type of medicine. At least you know how much to take when it is refilled.

I would really watch it with the xanax whatever happens here. It is bad news. I would try some relaxation techniques or something that can help you. Your primary care doctor does not specialize in this field and usually doesn't know what may be available for you. Perhaps another who deals with anxiety could be an alternative for you. ???

txtwister is offline New Member

Oh I really hope that you come back and read this.

I am not trying to scare you, please ask your doctor for something else!

Xanax is highly addictive and just like Robert said, they are bad bad bad news! You build up a tolerance very quick to them. I took them for about 6 months and praise God above that I stopped them by tapering without a problem. Now if I could do that with the Norco...

Xanax is primarily for people that are critically ill, like maybe in the last few months or weeks of their lives! That is what I was told by a physician anyway. Xanax wasn't meant for daily or casual use.

I also know someone who lost 2 teen kids within 8 months of each other to this horrible drug. The boy was seen having seizures daily by everyone in the apartments, he was dead with an OD 2 months later!!!

Be careful, maybe an anti-depressant will help. I know Effexor has helped me tremendously!!

Take care...