Why would they let me take it
    sassyblonde71 is offline New Member

Angry Why would they let me take it

Why in the world would the walgreens pharmacy not tell me of the drug inration with my new meds..

What are the two drugs involved? It may not be a significant enough interaction or the pharmacist may have already spoken to your doctor about it and the doctor said it was ok.
    ---I answer questions to the best of my ability, but with always limited knowledge of the patient's situation and no ability to see your chart or full medical history my advice is limited and should also be confirmed with your own doctor/pharmacist/etc. Also, I do not promote following my advice without proper approval from your doctor either--

Dr. B

johng652 is offline New Member

1) Were the two medications dispensed through Walgreens?
    2) Did You take the opportunity to ask questions when you bought the medication.
    3) Did you read the patient information provided with the prescription?

I ask these questions because if you answered no to the first question, your pharmacist could not have known what you were taking. All medications dispensed through Walgreens is checked with the patients profile and the pharmacist is alerted to most drug and medical condition interactions. Your prescriptions are not in a world-wide database that every pharmacy has access to.
    The second and third questions are related to the issue of personal responsibility. You are the person popping the medication into your body. You have the responsibility to know what you are taking and what it is supposed to be used for. Every Pharmacist I know encourages the patient to ask questions about their medications. This is not exclusive to medications filled only through that pharmacy.
    Finally you did not post enough information to allow a complete discussion, suffice it to say that it is the responsibility of the prescriber, pharmacy and the patient to prevent or mitigate any medication mistakes. I only highlighted your (the patient's) role in the process. Remember you are the last line of defense in protecting your health. I sincerely hope There were no long lasting effects due to the mistakes, and you have or will make a full recovery.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Are you asking about a drug interaction? What are the drugs you're concerned with? God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-19-2009 at 06:26 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.