Withdrawal from Morphine and Oxycodone
    Benzolam is offline New Member

Default Withdrawal from Morphine and Oxycodone

Will be out of these meds after today. Cannot get another Oxy script until 3 more days. Will I suffer withdrawal during this time? I do also take Gabapentin 600mg, and have around 70 of these left. I hear they really help withdrawal symptoms. How much, and how often would I need to take for this? Thanks for any input on this situation
    Stay safe!!!!!

Genscripts is offline Banned

Morphine is considered a fast-onset drug its withdrawal may begin within 6-12 hours of the last dose. Take Gabapentin 600mg at the same time and in same quantity regularly as prescribed by the doctor. It is recomended take 3 times a day.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-07-2018 at 03:57 AM.

HiPpiE79 is offline New Member

Yes gabapentin definitely helps withdraw. You should be good to go for the 3 days. You will get through it.

1977slim is offline New Member

I used to use ammonium. You can Google how to use it during withdrawals

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1977slim View Post
    I used to use ammonium. You can Google how to use it during withdrawals

"ammonium"? You must mean imodium (loperamide)? And yes, imodium in high doses does help with opiate withdrawal symptoms but taking imodium in high doses is very dangerous and definitely not recommended!

However, when imodium is used as directed it can be very helpful for the "bathroom issues" that most often occur during opiate withdrawal!

RphManzoor is offline New Member

Withdrawal symptoms can start as soon as morphine stops being effective in the bloodstream. If you stop or decrease the amount of opioids you’re taking, you may experience physical symptoms of withdrawal. This is especially true if you’ve been using these medications at high doses for more than a few weeks. Opioid withdrawal can be categorized as mild, moderate, moderately severe, and severe. Your primary care provider can determine this by evaluating your opioid use history and symptoms, and by using diagnostic tools. It's better to you consult your healthcare provider.