Atarax generic form identification needed
    superflyrxs is offline New Member

Default Atarax generic form identification needed

I had a prescrpition for Atarax filled. The generic they gave me said Hydroxyz HCL 25 MG and is small, round, purple, one side is blank and the other side has "MP" typed in it and below is "7" typed on it.
    When I refilled this at another pharm, the generic they have me looked different, larger, round, white, had an "A" on one side and "388" on the other. The name was almost the same, Hydroxyzine HCl 25 MG. Are these just two different generics of Atarax? My Pharm is closed and i am wondering because the white pill is causing sleeplessness and anxiety, 2 things it was prescribed to me to help with (along with xanex which hasn't changed any). Any help por knowledge is greatly appreciated!

robo is offline Moderator

small, round, purple, one side is blank and the other side has "MP" typed in it and below is "7" typed on it.
    This pill is definitely HYDROXYZINE 25 MG, generic for Atarax
    by Mutual Pharmaceutical
    Imprint Code MP 7
    Description purple, round tablet

I have had less luck with the second pill.
    Able Labs had an approval for Hydroxyzine 25 mg in July 2004, so that fits, but I cannot confirm this anywhere.

You could try contacting Able for confirmation
    ABLE LABORATORIES, INC.
    6 Hollywood Court
    South Plainfield, NJ 07080
    Tel: (908) 754-2253

If you find out, please let us know

kirby is offline Platinum Member

According to one database, round white film-coated tablet imprinted A on one side and 388 on the other side is Hydroxyzine HCl 25 mg (generic Atarax) made by Able.

I can't confirm it with another source, but it makes sense like Robo said. And since this generic is so new, the imprint probably won't show up in most databases for a few more months.

superflyrxs is offline New Member

Thank you, Robo and Kirby, for your help. I was having no luck searching and was letting my anxiety get the best of me thinking they gave me the wrong thing. Thanks again for both of your replies.