"Caritop" - Round, white, scored, large
    spazmatica is offline New Member

Default "Caritop" - Round, white, scored, large

Blister pack says Caritop - Mfg'd by Unix Biotech for Ind-Swift, India

Ten to a bilister pack. They are large, round, white, and scored - no lettering or imprint.

There is no mention of Caritop on the Ind-Swift website and I cannot find any info for Unix Biotech.

Thank you

Mike VG is offline Member

Same here, Spazmatica, I've checked out both of their websites and nothing on the product you mentioned. I'll try to look elsewhere. Try to really look hard for a marking or imprint.
    Mike VG
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-21-2007 at 11:30 PM.
    Mike VG

TimKn is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by spazmatica View Post
    Blister pack says Caritop - Mfg'd by Unix Biotech for Ind-Swift, India

Ten to a bilister pack. They are large, round, white, and scored - no lettering or imprint.

There is no mention of Caritop on the Ind-Swift website and I cannot find any info for Unix Biotech.

Thank you
    I have just ordered and received the same thing. Caritop Carisoprodol (generic Soma). They are each a large white, round pill, with nothing on one side and a line through the middle on the other side. They came in blister packs of 10 each. I ordered 90 pills in total. I have taken about 12 of them over the past few weeks. They taste really nasty and bitter. They have an expiration date. I have even tried taking 3 at one time and they didn't seem to affect me. Supposedly they came from India. I cannot find anything on this brand from anywhere.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-29-2018 at 08:29 PM.

anthonysbrother is offline New Member

I'm not sure about the question, but being that this is the identification forum, I'm assuming you're just trying to identify the described pill.

It's an Indian generic for carisoprodol (soma). There are several online medication websites which contract with Vertical Inc in Mumbai. Vertical Inc is a "go between" company, not the actual pharmacy. Vertical will obtain your medications and mail them to you (thus, the package you receive will be from Vertical Inc, although your medication manufacturer will vary).

It seems that, as mention, Unix Biotech is the manufacturer or the generic carisoprodol named Caritop. I'm not sure how long Unix Biotech has been around, but it seems that online pharmacies have recently switched from Cariflam - also a generic for carisoprodol - to the Caritop. I don't remember off the top of my head who manufactures Cariflam, but if anyone is interested, let me know and I'll dig it up.

Hope this helps

And for what it's worth, carisoprodol IS a bitter drug no matter where it comes from. Even if you get brand-name Soma or Vanadom, pop one in your mouth and see how long you can stand the taste: probably no more than 30 seconds! It's real nasty tasting. And it is very very very easy to develop a tolerance to carisoprodol, which is why some countries are going so far as to "schedule" it. Chances are you're taking too much and/or too often if you feel you've become 'immune' to it.

Medically speaking, you should never take more than 4 soma's (1400mg / 1.4g) in a 24-hour perioid no matter HOW 'immune' you feel. As it is metabolized in the liver, its fairly easy to develop a chemical hepatitis - something you DO NOT want. If you're taking soma every day, I wouldn't go over 3 in a 24-hour period. Just my own recommendation, for the same reason as above. ALSO, since it's metabolized in the liver, if you're near max-dosage, you cannot take OTHER meds metabolized in the liver either, so BE CAREFUL!! As an example, if you have taken 1400mg of carisoprodol in the last 24 hours, do not take anything containing acetaminophen - no matter how tempting. You only have one liver - be smart with it!

Thats all..

-Anthonys Brother
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-22-2008 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonysbrother View Post
    I'm not sure about the question, but being that this is the identification forum, I'm assuming you're just trying to identify the described pill.

It's an Indian generic for carisoprodol (soma). There are several online medication websites which contract with Vertical Inc in Mumbai. Vertical Inc is a "go between" company, not the actual pharmacy. Vertical will obtain your medications and mail them to you (thus, the package you receive will be from Vertical Inc, although your medication manufacturer will vary).

It seems that, as mention, Unix Biotech is the manufacturer or the generic carisoprodol named Caritop. I'm not sure how long Unix Biotech has been around, but it seems that online pharmacies have recently switched from Cariflam - also a generic for carisoprodol - to the Caritop. I don't remember off the top of my head who manufactures Cariflam, but if anyone is interested, let me know and I'll dig it up.

Hope this helps

And for what it's worth, carisoprodol IS a bitter drug no matter where it comes from. Even if you get brand-name Soma or Vanadom, pop one in your mouth and see how long you can stand the taste: probably no more than 30 seconds! It's real nasty tasting. And it is very very very easy to develop a tolerance to carisoprodol, which is why some countries are going so far as to "schedule" it. Chances are you're taking too much and/or too often if you feel you've become 'immune' to it.

Medically speaking, you should never take more than 4 soma's (1400mg / 1.4g) in a 24-hour perioid no matter HOW 'immune' you feel. As it is metabolized in the liver, its fairly easy to develop a chemical hepatitis - something you DO NOT want. If you're taking soma every day, I wouldn't go over 3 in a 24-hour period. Just my own recommendation, for the same reason as above. ALSO, since it's metabolized in the liver, if you're near max-dosage, you cannot take OTHER meds metabolized in the liver either, so BE CAREFUL!! As an example, if you have taken 1400mg of carisoprodol in the last 24 hours, do not take anything containing acetaminophen - no matter how tempting. You only have one liver - be smart with it!

Thats all..

-Anthonys Brother
    Are you sure about the Hepittis thing? Do you have or know where I can get any "ligitmate" proof of this? I have been takin Soma for a long time and at times take 4 - 6 pills a day. Please respond.

Thank you.

Unhappy Are you sure about the hepititus thing?

Are you sure about the Hepititis thing? Do you have or know where I can get any "ligitmate" proof of this? I have been takin Soma for a long time and at times take 4 - 6 pills a day. Please respond.