clear oval gelcap looks like vitamin E
    beautyxbabe is offline New Member

Question clear oval gelcap looks like vitamin E

I found a gelcap in my medicine cabinet. It has a clear, golden fluid in it and is oval/elliptical in shape. It looks a lot like a vitamin E gelcap but it isn't. I think it may be a sort of cough suppressant, but I'm not sure and I could not find it in the pill identifier. Does anyone know what it is? Thanks.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-01-2009 at 04:21 PM. Reason: forgot some information

Cats Meow is offline Platinum Member

Sorry, there's no way to ID a pill without an imprint. All Rx and OTC drugs in the US are required by law to have an imprint, otherwise it could be a vitamin, herbal, energy, diet, foreign or illicit.

OXYmom is offline Member

I am trying to remember the name of it. It is a prescription drug and it does NOT have an imprint. You are correct, it is a cough suppressant. I had them last year. Doctor told me to swallow them whole and do not let one dissolve in your mouth. She told me she did that by mistake and that it made her drool. lol

I did not find that it helped that much, maybe a little. If I can remember the name, I will post it....may come to me later.