Concerned partner
    S16MA is offline New Member

Default Concerned partner

Hi,

My girlfriend has a history with prescription drug abuse. I have found these pills along with some PN25 (Promethazine). She also has a long history of dealing with Anorexia. I am concerned as these don't have markings I'm not sure what they could be, my suspicious are pain killer, laxative, amphetamines, appetite suppressors or diet pills,... anyone know what these pills could be?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-09-2011 at 08:57 PM.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by S16MA View Post
    Hi,

My girlfriend has a history with prescription drug abuse. I have found these pills along with some PN25 (Promethazine). She also has a long history of dealing with Anorexia. I am concerned as these don't have markings I'm not sure what they could be, my suspicious are pain killer, laxative, amphetamines, appetite suppressors or diet pills,... anyone know what these pills could be?

All medications made in the USA, whether they are prescriptions, supplements or over-the-counter meds, are required by the FDA to have identifiable markings. If they have no markings they are something bootlegged, from another country, or something illegitmate that would have to be analyzed.

Sounds from her history like she needs to seek medical attention for her own well being. That is my best advice. Anorexia along with the meds you've described from her past are too serious of a matter for advice from this forum. Let us know how she does. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-09-2011 at 09:18 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Robert,

Thank you very much, I would imagine the UK would have similar standards, i.e. any medication needs to be marked and identifyable. Which only leaves me with two conclusions, either they are bootleged or they are medication of the herbal variety and so fall outside of the regulatory boundries? I have lived with her and these conditions for 5 years now and she's finally pushed me away but is now living with my sister and neices and is drinking close to a bottle of vodka every day or two, we are planning an intervention but the girl behind the eyes isn't the girl within her anymore, I feel like she's shutting people out to play on her addictions. Thank you for your advice!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by S16MA View Post
    Robert,

Thank you very much, I would imagine the UK would have similar standards, i.e. any medication needs to be marked and identifyable. Which only leaves me with two conclusions, either they are bootleged or they are medication of the herbal variety and so fall outside of the regulatory boundries? I have lived with her and these conditions for 5 years now and she's finally pushed me away but is now living with my sister and neices and is drinking close to a bottle of vodka every day or two, we are planning an intervention but the girl behind the eyes isn't the girl within her anymore, I feel like she's shutting people out to play on her addictions. Thank you for your advice!

Add a bottle of vodka a day to all the drugs and anorexia and her life is literally on the line. I would do whatever it takes, even going through the legal system if necessary, to get her into inpatient treatment.

A person can literally die from alcohol detox and when you add amphetamines, anorexia, etc to the picture her days are likely numbered without serious intervention. And I'm talking about a longterm recovery program, not some 30 plan with meetings to follow. She needs months of intensive therapy based on what you've said.

I had an ex with severe eating disorders and it's like nothing anyone can imagine unless they've lived it. Keep us posted and good luck. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Hi,...

Thought I'd give you an update!

Well we had some advice from professionals which suggested she was a sociopath and the addictions were just part of the personality disorder. In light of this and the advice to 'RUN!!!!!' we staged an intervention and you know what,... it was textbook, lots of lies and manipulation followed by may stories that tried to envoke sympathy etc,.. look up sociopaths to get get a better understanding of the condition. Anyways, we staged the intervention and to cut a long story short, she bailed and ran off with her parents although our research suggested they arent her parents, and well im left confused, heart broken and messed up,... think I need some unprescribed drugs!!!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-18-2011 at 03:52 PM.