does oxycontin come in generic scripts now
    jluiek1954 is offline New Member

Default does oxycontin come in generic scripts now

my oxycontin script has changed and the pills are now oval instead of round; can a doc write a script for a placebo?

theocman is offline New Member

if you are really being prescribed oxycontin 80 mg the doctor would never give u a placebo.he would be jepordizing your health and his license to practice.those are endo or teva's(i forget which)generic for oxycodone hci(80 mg if they are green)the imprint should say 33 on 1 side 93 on the other.i know why u thought they were a placebo though,its because they arent nearly as good as purdue's (patented)version.i suggest telling your doc or pharmacist u want the name brand.hope this helps.

remember stay away from generics if u can afford it,they are cheap for a reason,although watson makes very good CIII hydrocodone pill

bryan0180 is offline New Member

yes there is a generic for 80 mg oxycontin it is green oblong and says 33 on one side and 93 on the other i think they are just as good as the name brand

StoneFacedKilla is offline New Member

be careful . i know a guy who takes the 80mg OC ( 1-2 3x a day) and had a real problem with the generics. he was getting the regulars, switched phamacies, and they started giving him the generics. about 2 weeks after he started taking them , he ended up at the hospital with a big nasty ulcer. the DR. said he has seen this happen alot with the generic 80's. when he switched back to the name brand, it healed up. he had to toss out a bunch of them ( the generics as he gets an EXTRA 50-60 a month above and beyond what he takes). he still has a bunch of regular name brand though he just has hanging around just in case he needs them (LOL...any suggestions on what he should do with them?)

make sure the DR. marks on your script name brand only box

Prewmullins is offline New Member

Yeah, my mom tried the generic 80's too, and she said they wore off a lot quicker than the name brand. Hers were blue diamond shaped.

mcrane1 is offline Junior Member

I would like to add that generic oxycontin is one thing and iot is a fairly new drug and some kinks still need to be worked out with the FDA but paying for brand pills in general when a generic is available is silly. First off youre making billionaires even richer and more importantly youre wasting money on a drug that has the same effects as the generic.