duragesic for pain
    DRUID is offline New Member

Default duragesic for pain

Has anyone been perscribed this? and if so how well did it work for you? were you able to function atyour normal level?
    does it make you loopie like other narc.?

hondo2 Guest

Hi!
    Thought I'd just jump in here and alert you to these two recalls of some lots of Duragesic:
    (February 20, 2004) Janssen Pharmaceutica and FDA notified healthcare professionals of a Class I recall of DURAGESIC 75 mcg/h. Only Control Number 0327192 (expiration October 2005) is subject to this recall. A potential seal breach on one edge may allow drug to leak from the patch and could result in an increased absorption of the opioid component, fentanyl, leading to increased drug effect, including nausea, sedation, drowsiness, or potentially life threatening complications. Conversely, if the hydrogel contents leak out of the patch, there may not be adequate medication to treat the patients' pain. In an opioid tolerant patient, this may lead to withdrawal symptoms, which include sweating, sleeplessness and abdominal discomfort.

(UPDATE April 9, 2004) Janssen expanded its US recall to include 5 manufacturing lots.
    http://w-w-w.fda.gov/medwatch/SAFETY....htm#duragesic

pbjj11 is offline New Member

Don't pay much attention to Hondo. Duragesic has been around for decades. Every drug has a few lot #'s that end up being messed up. My grandfather had terminal cancer and Duragesic was the best painkiller for him...he had tried everything before. By definition narcotics make you loopy, but it really varies person to person, drug to drug. Good luck.