EMERGENCY please tell me what these are
    carralynnda is offline New Member

Default EMERGENCY please tell me what these are

I found some pills in my deceased mother in laws things that were not prescribed to her I don't believe. I really need to know what these are and see if I can figure out where they came from.
    It is a capsule average size that is a bright yellow on one side with RX655 and the othe side of the capsule is a brownish color with the same markings ( RX655) there is no other markings on these pills. Please identify these for me .
    There was also some others found these were white oval capsules that are scored up and down on both sides and on one side it has an 8 then the score and then another 8, on the other side it has a U another score and then another U, thats all the markings on that one , I need to know what that is also please .As soon as possible please.... not sure if this could have contributed to her passing or not ...we are waiting on reports but those won't be in for up to 3 months I just need to know what they are for my own peace of mind . Thanks.

kirby is offline Platinum Member

Yellow and maroon capsule imprinted RX 655 is 500 mg amoxicillin, an antibiotic.

More info: https://www.drugs.com/amoxicillin.html

White oval scored tablet imprinted U|U on one side and 8|8 on the other side is 0.5 mg Mirapex (pramipexole), a drug used to treat Parkinson's disease.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-21-2016 at 11:08 PM.

carralynnda is offline New Member

Thanks so much for the information, but I have one more question....It stated on the mirapax website that you indicated to go to for more information , that it could be used to treat other conditions besides parkinson's disease, Could you tell me what those other conditions might be ? Or if it is used to treat some sort of side effects from something else or what .....what would she have had it for ... she didn't have parkinsons disease. Thanks

kirby is offline Platinum Member

Hi Carralynnda,

I didn't see any mention of other uses on the Mirapex website or in the prescribing leaflet. But I did see that it might be prescribed for other purposes in Drugs.com's consumer info section.

From an internet search for credible references, I found that Mirapex is effective for treating restless legs syndrome:

And that Mirapex is useful for treating patients with bipolar depression:

If you search the "net," you might find other "off-label" indications for Mirapex.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-21-2016 at 11:10 PM.