Found Pills in son's room
    allen643 is offline New Member

Default Found Pills in son's room

I found 2 fills in my son's coat pocket when he came home from school yesturday. the first is a yellow oblong pill that has gg726 on one side. The other is a white round pill with dan dan on one side and the number 5381 on the other side. Could someone pleae let me know what these are and email them to me. My email address is: allen643@yahoo.com Please respond as quickly as possible so that I can confront him with them and know what they are when I do so.
    Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Stallion is offline Member

Imprint Code: GG726
    Drug/Strength/Manufacturer: Naproxen 500mg - Quality Care - Geneva
    Description: Tablet
    Generic naprosyn, and NSAID aniti-inflammitory

Imprint Code: 5381 / DANDAN
    Drug/Strength/Manufacturer: Methocarbamol 500mg - Quality Care - Schein
    Description: DAN DAN - Tablet
    Generic Robaxin, a muscle relaxant.

Information = Freedom

jjman is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by allen643

[size=1]I found 2 fills in my son's coat pocket when he came home from school yesturday. the first is a yellow oblong pill that has gg726 on one side. The other is a white round pill with dan dan on one side and the number 5381 on the other side. Could someone pleae let me know what these are and email them to me. My email address is: allen643@yahoo.com Please respond as quickly as possible so that I can confront him with them and know what they are when I do so.
    Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance[/size=2].
    I think it's great you're finding out what you can about the pills in advance. A lot of people I know jump to the "ECSTASY" (or whatever hardcore pill there is) conclusion regardless of what it is they actually found.

The naproxen tablet is the same thing basically as two Aleve pills, which are sold over the counter. They're not much different than ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) in what they do, but I think there are questions as to if there are side effects like seen in Vioxx and possibly Celebrex, so it's best to be careful and educated in any event.

The other pill, the muscle relaxer, is also known as Soma. It's a prescription pill, but as far as it being a "controlled substance", it would be class V (which is the lowest level- meaning least potential for abuse/addiction, whereas Valium would be IV, Vicodin III, Percocet II and >>>>>> (and other illegals) I). As far as I know, some states don't even recognize class V - it's typically just used as a classification for prescription medications that don't fall under the class I-IV classifications. People sometimes play around with Soma and muscle relaxers as they have a mild sedating effect, but they're nothing like a hardcore narcotic painkillers (such as Percocet). They're not even narcotics at all, not that you shouldn't be concerned nevertheless.

Naturally, the pill I would be concerned about is the Soma (muscle relaxer). Make sure he's not taking stuff like that and driving (if he drives) because it can impair function. Also, make sure he doesn't take Soma and drink because that can be dangerous (usually nothing bad happens as long as it's in moderation, even though I still don't condone it), and people have done that to get added effect. And like I said before, make sure he's not taking those and driving.

I guess it could come as a relief that those pills are very mild in comparison to what's out there, but you might want to make sure he's not doing something else you don't know about.

It's not something I would be too upset about, and as long as he knows you're there to communicate and not judge (a lot of teens get overly defensive very easily as we all know), hopefully all will go over well. My advice would be to try not to get too angry if possible. Good luck!

JonnieP is offline Junior Member

ROBAXIN AND SOMA ARE TWO TOTALLY SEPERATE DRUGS.ROBAXIN DOES [u]</u>NOT HAVE THE SAME ABUSE POTENTIAL AS THAT OF SOMA