Found strange generic Ativan pills
    SharonRN is offline New Member

Default Found strange generic Ativan pills

[?] I found meds in a blister pack marked "Lorazepam MK 2mg" The pack is silver foil with a purple stripe down the middle. The logo is MK in an oval shape with 'Medicamentos Corporacion Bonini(?) SA de CV' and "Elabarado en El Salvador'.

The pills themselves are small, yellow-white and have a chalky feel to them. The are center scored, have the same encircled MK symbol debossed and on the back side, L|R. In tap water the pill disintegrates but does not form any suspension with the water.

I found these meds when I was cleaning out my father's home -- he died of lung CA june 2003. We are currently in probate, his widow is a drug addict(many, many loose pills of vicodin everywehere). I don't know where these pills came from; I'm an RN and I've never seen any generics like this.

I've managed to successfully identify the medications I found (it took me over three months) and these, which should be easy, I cannot find any information on.

The widow had someone helping her from Mexico.I wondered if these could have legitimately come from Mexico or South America, if they are legit or poison and if I need to notify the probate judge or her attorney about this.

Thank you, Sharon

Can anyone help me with this? I'm having a difficult time and truly need answers before the middle of August.

Are these legit pills or does this augment our argument that she has a drug problem and should be treated for it before any estate money is sent her way.

Really, this is a serious issue for me and i really need help.

Thank you to all who have tried.

Thank you, Sharon

Just wanted to check in and see if anyone has come up with something on this...could this be from an overseas source? My father's widow had someone living with her from Mexico and the writing on the packaging fits.

Where can I get information on mexican formulations?

Kindest regards for trying, Sharon

Thank you, Sharon

pplebutterfly is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by SharonRN

[?] I found meds in a blister pack marked "Lorazepam MK 2mg" The pack is silver foil with a purple stripe down the middle. The logo is MK in an oval shape with 'Medicamentos Corporacion Bonini(?) SA de CV' and "Elabarado en El Salvador'.

The pills themselves are small, yellow-white and have a chalky feel to them. The are center scored, have the same encircled MK symbol debossed and on the back side, L|R. In tap water the pill disintegrates but does not form any suspension with the water.

I found these meds when I was cleaning out my father's home -- he died of lung CA june 2003. We are currently in probate, his widow is a drug addict(many, many loose pills of vicodin everywehere). I don't know where these pills came from; I'm an RN and I've never seen any generics like this.

I've managed to successfully identify the medications I found (it took me over three months) and these, which should be easy, I cannot find any information on.

The widow had someone helping her from Mexico.I wondered if these could have legitimately come from Mexico or South America, if they are legit or poison and if I need to notify the probate judge or her attorney about this.

Thank you, Sharon
    Lorazepam is mostly used for anxiety problems. I took it for my anxiety. I hope this helps

Hi pplebutterfly,

Thanks for your reply. I know what the drug is used for; what I'm asking about are these strangly-packaged south american pills in a blister pack called "Lorazepam". I don't know what it is; I found this while cleaning out my deceased father's home. I am concerned that his wife was giving these to my father, if they are legit or if they are poison. My hospital pharmacist has no clue; the pharmacist at our retail store said that she has never seen this before.

I am deeply concerned that my father's wife/widow may have given him these drugs; he was dying from terminal lung cancer.

If anyone knows where I might find out about South American pharmacies I would certainly appreciate it; this is a case that may have to go before the judge.

Thank you, Sharon

kirby is offline Platinum Member

Hi Sharon,

Ever since you first posted, I've looked all over for this company. I just want you to know we aren't ignoring you. Some info, especially regarding small generic (?) foreign pharmaceutical companies, is hard to find. There are probably hundreds of companies all over the world that make lorazepam, diazepam alprazolam, etc.

I can find nothing re pharm companies in El Salvador and nothing on your particular company. The Mexican equivalent to the US PDR doesn't have this company listed either. But even the US PDR is more geared to brand-name and generic companies that pay to be listed.

I would assume the pills are not poison and are lorazepam since the pills came in a blister pack marked "lorazepam". I'd be very leery of pills that are found loose in a bag!

I think a foreign pill might cost about $25. The service is run by professional pharmacists who have access to databases all over the world.

Good luck to you.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-10-2018 at 05:18 PM.

Hi Kirby, Thanks for replying. I was thinking that it was no big deal, except that some of the docs I work with think it could be potentially harmful if you cannot prove the authenticity of the medication. Especially to a sick old man with terminal, metastatic lung CA.

At any rate, the widow is a drug addict so getting mexican pills wouldn't be out of the ordinary. I'll look up that link. It's worth the $25.00 if it will answer the questions.

I really appreciate your help.

Sharon, RN.

Thank you, Sharon