Found in teenager's room
    BJam is offline New Member

Default Found in teenager's room

Football shaped, dark reddish-brown gel cap. No markings, just a seam. Dark red gel. Can anyone help me identify before I confront my teen?

Cats Meow is offline Platinum Member

No, there's no way to ID a pill without an imprint. All Rx and OTC drugs in the US are required by law to have an imprint, otherwise it could be a vitamin, herbal, energy, diet, foreign or illicit.

Cookie1456 is offline New Member

Sounds like an herbal preparation or possibly an empty cap for putting any number of powders in.

tunafizzle is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie1456 View Post
    Sounds like an herbal preparation or possibly an empty cap for putting any number of powders in.
    I believe the original poster said it was a geltab. Maybe i misunderstood you, are you saying that it is empty for no apparent reason or that the OP's daughter would fill it with her own powder? Sorry, I'm confused by your post.

kingfisherkohl is offline New Member

it just sounds like the vitamin e i used to take. i think its just a vitamin so there is no need to be alarmed imho

raregem is offline New Member

I found the exact same pill in my teenagers room this morning. It is a brown squishy capsule with no markings.

Do you know what it is?

When i cut it open it had red gooey stuff in it. I found 15 of them in a baggie. Do you think it could be some kind of detox pill?

We confronted my son and he said it is a detox pill for marijuana. Hope this helps.

Marijuna isn't something one detox's from, and a pill for this? Get out, he's giving you a line of BS, now if it was something like Marinol which is imprinted UM I might say okay.
    My hunch is it's Coricidin and he's pulling the wool over your eyes and getting high on them instead.
    Marijuna detox pill - Get Out!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-18-2009 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cats Meow View Post
    Marijuna isn't something one detox's from, and a pill for this? Get out, he's giving you a line of BS, now if it was something like Marinol which is imprinted UM I might say okay.
    My hunch is it's Coricidin and he's pulling the wool over your eyes and getting high on them instead.
    Marijuna detox pill - Get Out!!
    It was a pill so the pot doesn't show up in your system for a drug test. It was like cranberry inside. He got them from a friend that gets drug tested and he got them from his mom.

FYI, there is no such pill that really works to mask marijuana in a UA.

aedelglass30 is offline New Member

Default pill

Quote Originally Posted by BJam View Post
    Football shaped, dark reddish-brown gel cap. No markings, just a seam. Dark red gel. Can anyone help me identify before I confront my teen?
    sounds to me he is taking a supplement like rip fuel or something along those lines. He can buy it from GNC. It's for energy and exercise.

surfcolorado9 is offline New Member

Default hunger supressant

Ephedra-5 fits your description perfectly.

It is an appetite suppressant containing caffeine, several herbs, and ephedrine.
    It can be used as a legal OTC stimulant.

You can't say that with any certainty.

home hemo is offline New Member

Default Chromagen iron gel cap? our pts....

take these all the time...

How do you tell one red gel cap from another without an imprint?

dhightide is offline New Member

Default reddish bron squissy pill

Hi I found the same. But it turned out to be my teenagers accutane, he was taking. Didn't have 2 confront child. Checked his box, and also another sites photos. only pill markings were different on site. What a releif.
    does your child have severe acne. Also there are Drug "hair" test. you can get sample from home.

AUTIBODY is offline New Member

Default To ease your mind

Its a herbal pill of some sort.... All rx and otc have to have some sort of imprint on it. So no worries.....

AUTIBODY is offline New Member

Default Teen lied

There is no rapid detox pill that fits that description on the market. Maybe that was what he was told however whoever gave him that was misleading him.......

No good

MaxCCNPStFran is offline New Member

Lightbulb Curious Dillema

Dear sir or madam:

While I do not give any information as 100%, I feel that I may be qualified to assist you as I am a Clinical Nurse Practitioner and write hundreds of scripts each and every week. As a previous user did tell you, by law all OTC and script strength medication is required to have and imprint and number. If it does not it is not prescription strength or OTC. This does alleviate some of the alarm, in that at least you know your child is not using prescription medication. It does not mean it is not what is commonly known as "street pharmaceuticals" or that it isn't equally as bad like a energy booster (yellow jackets). From what you described it as it sounds like it may just be a diet or energy pill. Rather harmless as long as they are using them as directed, yet keep in mind they are generally not good for a person with prolonged usage. Hope this has been helpful!: cool:

kristinrae is offline New Member

Default Definitely not coricidan

Fisrtly, coricidan is not a capsule, it is round. Secondly, I coricidan doesn't have red goey stuff inside of it. It does sound similar to a diet pill I used to take called dimetadrine, which I purchased OTC at GMC and it contained ephdrine and 100mg of caffine. However, 4 or 5 years ago they were taken off the market as ephdrine was made illegal. My suggestion would be to consult a pharmcist.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-05-2009 at 02:03 AM.

Petes60r is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by dhightide View Post
    Hi I found the same. But it turned out to be my teenagers accutane, he was taking. Didn't have 2 confront child. Checked his box, and also another sites photos. only pill markings were different on site. What a releif.
    does your child have severe acne. Also there are Drug "hair" test. you can get sample from home.

Get them off the Accutane immediately !!!!!.Its got a real real bad track record with certain age groups(But it does work Really good for few people)

Skeexix is offline New Member

Default Red football

It may be hard to see, but is there an "AN3" stamped on this pill? I don't know what it is either, but my Google searches keep turning up Tramadol, although I have yet to be able to find a photo to match it.

Ha! Thanks to Pill ID here I found it as a last choice. It is Ducosate, a stool softener. Could be innocent enough, but I found left behind in an apartment formerly rented to Oxycontin users, and we know that opiate abuse can lead to chronic constipation.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-09-2009 at 06:20 PM. Reason: New information