HCD 30MG SR CAPS (CII) [SPECTRUM]
    OpTiKaWn is offline New Member

Default HCD 30MG SR CAPS (CII) [SPECTRUM]

I found a bubble pack of pills and they r capsules half white half like a mustard yellow with no writing on the capsule it self. the prescription sticker on the packet says its HCD 30MG SR CAPS (CII) [SPECTRUM] And it says take one 3 times a day. other than that it says nothing on the pack or capsule.

Anyone know what they r?

How cant anyone know what this is?

kirby is offline Advanced Member

Believe me, if we knew we would tell you. It is your right to know what medication you have. And that is why we are here - to help you in any way possible.

I've searched high and low for Spectrum. Also HCD. Nothing.

I kind of think the sticker "HCD 30MG SR CAPS (CII)" wants you to believe it's extended-release 30 mg hydrocodone, but there is no such medication at present. And, in the US, all RX meds have a unique imprint. There are compounded meds (made to order by your pharmacist and written by your doctor) that may be unmarked, but they wouldn't be in a bubble pack. And the strongest compounded med I've ever heard of is 15 mg hydrocodone/80 mg acetaminophen.

If you are looking for a foreign med (you mentioned "bubble pack" which is very common for foreign drugs) tell us.

We will find it eventually. All we need are all the details!

I'm not a pharmacist or a medical doctor. This message is not medical advice nor is it an offer to provide medical advice. All drug identifications should be validated by a licensed MD or pharmacist.

They r medication from the united states.

Okay, OpTiKaWn

More research found that clinical trials were conducted by Purdue on extended-release hydrocodone 15 mg and 30 mg in 2001. I can't find anything more recent. Note that the first trial calls the drug HCD.

Here are the excerpts:

quote:2001 Purdue Pharma, L.P.: A Sequential Two Cohort Open Label/ Double-Blind, Randomized, Parallel Group, Placebo-Controlled Multiple Dose Trial to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of 15 and 30 mg Extended-Release Hydrocodone (HCD) Given Every 12 Hours in Patients Following Arthroscopic Surgery
    CRO: Ingenix Pharmaceutical Services
    quote:2001 Purdue Pharma, L.P.: Open-Label, Randomized, Parallel-Group, Active-Controlled Trial to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of Extended-Release Hydrocodone in Patients Requiring Opiates for Control of Moderate to Severe Pain
    CRO: Ingenix Pharmaceutical Services
    So it's possible your capsule is extended-release hydrocodone. Maybe you can find a compounding pharmacy that could analyze the capsule contents for you.

I don't know if this means anything, but there is a bulk pharmaceutical supplier called SPECTRUM LABORATORY PRODUCTS INC. I checked the National Drug Code Directory for the company's products, but hydrocodone is not listed.

I'm not a pharmacist or a medical doctor. This message is not medical advice nor is it an offer to provide medical advice. All drug identifications should be validated by a licensed MD or pharmacist.

Ok thanks if this helps any there is a donot drink alcholic beverages when takin this medication sticker and one that says may cause drowsiness.alcohol may intensify this effect.use care when operating a car or dangerous machinery. and there is a NDC# but i dont know what thats for if that can help let me know ill give it to u.and also says Rph CRS/RJF in the corner of the sticker,dont know if that helps realy.

and there is a NDC# but i dont know what thats for if that can help let me know ill give it to u

Please do give it to me. The NDC number is an identifier for the drug. Each medicine has a unique NDC number. With that number, chances of finding out exactly what the drug is are much better.

also says Rph CRS/RJF in the corner of the sticker

Not important. This is just a sticker with the dispensing pharmacist's initials.

Yes i found out what the ndc was NDC# was for and here it is NCD# 38779-0764-04 i have used a thing online that checks the NDC# but nothing came up for the whole number only a few thing with the first part of the number. but maby u guys can find out more

From MEDISCA INC, a supplier of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) and Fine Chemicals - www.medisca.com

Hydrocodone Bitartrate, USP

Category: Narcotics & C.S.
    NDC Number: 38779-0764-04
    Size: 25 g
    Cas NO#:
    Price: NA
    Others: Light Sensitive

Sweet thanks kirby ur the man. amd through u search u also found out that they make them that big so we both gained some info. thanks again man.