HELP!!! FAST - ID WHITE PILL MP/85
    fairy810 is offline New Member

Default HELP!!! FAST - ID WHITE PILL MP/85

[:I]Mom is taking a bunch of pills for cancer/tumor. Found one I cannot match to her pill bottles. Lg white oval tab scored in the middle with MP (score) 85 on it. Any thoughts?

Anyone know what Iron interferes with: Taking, Protonix, Dilantin, Decadron, Lasix, Potassium, Hydromorphone and Radiation treatments.

Thanks.

Fairy810 believes!

iowaya is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by fairy810

[:I]Mom is taking a bunch of pills for cancer/tumor. Found one I cannot match to her pill bottles. Lg white oval tab scored in the middle with MP (score) 85 on it. Any thoughts?

Anyone know what Iron interferes with: Taking, Protonix, Dilantin, Decadron, Lasix, Potassium, Hydromorphone and Radiation treatments.

Thanks.

Fairy810 believes!

iowaya is offline New Member

I found the white pill with MP/85 on it to be SMZ/TMP another name for sulfa and bactrim (sulfamides and trimethopmin. It's used to treat infections such as urinary tract infections, bronchitis, etc. I hope this helpful. iowaaya@yahoo.com

robo is offline Moderator

Lg white oval tab scored in the middle with MP (score) 85 on it. Any thoughts?
    iowaya is correct.
    This pill is Trimethoprim 160 mg and Sulfamethoxazole 800 mg, an antibiotic.
    Generic for Bactrim DS
    Imprint Code MP 85
    Description white, oval, scored tablet
    Info at http://sulfamethoxazole%20and%20trimethoprim.drugs.com/

Iron does not interfere with any of the above drugs - but...
    Protonix may interfere with Iron absorption, as Protonix reduces the acidity in the stomach (iron is best absorbed in acidic conditions). This is a minor drug interaction and quite possibly has no clinical significance.