Identify pill White with md 562 on it
    hillyfam is offline New Member

Default Identify pill White with md 562 on it

I am a nursing student who has been asked to identfy a pill for a project. Pill is small, round, white with MD written above 562 on one side, and nothing on the other. I have attempted to locate in PDR, my Mosby's drug book, and the Big red book with no luck. I am allowed to use any source I can. Can anyone help me out? Hilly

What is this?

kirby is offline Platinum Member

Okay, MD 562 is a pretty common pill in the databases.

Here are two links for your research:

http://www.metadate-cd.com/

This site talks about ADHD and is more geared to Metadate CD (extended-release capsules).

The prescribing leaflet for the Metadate extended-release tablets that you are researching (MD 562) can be found here:

http://www.celltechgroup.com/Product...e_ER_R533A.pdf

Hopefully this will help your research. Both the leaflet and the commercial site re the capsules should answer all your questions regarding Metadate - common FAQs, chemistry, clinical tests, indications, side effects, etc. And you should get an A+ on your project.[8D]

Now a question for you. It will help me do further research on other drugs. What is the Big Red Book?? Is there another red book other than the PDR?

Thanks!

I call it the big red book, because I can't remember the name of it. It is a physician reference for medications that is similar to the PDR but it doesn't have pictures,and the information presented in it is more technical. It is a little more difficult to navigate through than the PDR, or a nurse drug book. Has a lot of the same info, pharmakokinetics, pharmodymanics etc.. The book has 4 Initials on the front and I just found it in my pharmocology book, it is called the American Hospital Formulary service has the initials AHFS on the book.

Kirby, I neglected to say thank you. Hilly

kirby is offline Platinum Member

Thanks hillyfam.

I will try to find the book.

I love researching this stuff, and every resource I can find is exciting to me.

Again, thank you. I appreciate your answer.

AND LET US KNOW IF YOU GET THAT A+ ON YOUR PROJECT!

Best of luck to you.

I neglected to say thank you. I am new to this service, If you view my original posting, you'll see that the Big red book is called the AHFS or American Hospital Formulary Service.
    quote:Originally posted by kirby

Okay, MD 562 is a pretty common pill in the databases.

Here are two links for your research:

http://www.metadate-cd.com/

This site talks about ADHD and is more geared to Metadate CD (extended-release capsules).

The prescribing leaflet for the Metadate extended-release tablets that you are researching (MD 562) can be found here:

http://www.celltechgroup.com/Product...e_ER_R533A.pdf

Hopefully this will help your research. Both the leaflet and the commercial site re the capsules should answer all your questions regarding Metadate - common FAQs, chemistry, clinical tests, indications, side effects, etc. And you should get an A+ on your project.[8D]

Now a question for you. It will help me do further research on other drugs. What is the Big Red Book?? Is there another red book other than the PDR?

Thanks!