My Doc gave me 4 pills for sleeping
    placeboguy is offline New Member

Default My Doc gave me 4 pills for sleeping

I've tried 2 of these. There is no amelioration of my sleep. Now I think, it might be a placebo. I doesn't found any white pills, film-coated, scored and without any imprint at the Database. That's interesting. They taste un-describeable but not like common medicine.

Any ideas on this?

Cats Meow is offline Diamond Member

Interesting, and I believe its unethical to administer placebos. Maybe my standard copy and paste answer will help.

Sorry, there's no way to ID a pill without an imprint. All Rx and OTC drugs in the US are required by the FDA to have an imprint, otherwise it could be a vitamin, herbal, energy, diet, foreign or illicit.

How would we be able to tell one round white pill from another?

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Was this a prescription - filled at the pharmacy? Or did the doctor just pass you 4 pills?

mas215 is offline Junior Member

I know someone years ago (a drug seeker) who was given a prescription for Obecal, 10 pills for a few cents. Turns out they were placebos (spelled backwards w/out the p), sugar pills. I did a search for it and found out there is a "drug" called Obecalp or placebo in reverse. Mind over body. It doesn't seem ethical but I guess in some cases a placebo works.

kell11 is offline New Member

That would be odd.they obviously dont work if theyre placebo.

My Dr has given me 5 ambiencr just to see if they work or if we need to move on to placidyl.

Tell him they dont work,they obviously dont or you wouldnt have posted.
    kell~

tomrock81 is offline New Member

I've had ambien without any imprint just scored on one side. They worked great.

Yeah okay, sure Tom.

cherry14 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by tomrock81 View Post
    I've had ambien without any imprint just scored on one side. They worked great.
    Not possible. Wonder where these "ambien" came from.

stormiwthr is offline New Member

Arrow Maybe Aspirin?

Quote Originally Posted by placeboguy View Post
    I've tried 2 of these. There is no amelioration of my sleep. Now I think, it might be a placebo. I doesn't found any white pills, film-coated, scored and without any imprint at the Database. That's interesting. They taste un-describeable but not like common medicine.

Any ideas on this?
    The only thing I can think that these might be is common aspirin. They are really the only things I've seen without any imprint at all... mainly b/c u can buy like 100 of them for $1.99, so maybe he gave you a cheap "aspirin" placebo. Sorry about that! Ask him for ambien, it does work great and I only use it when I have a toss & turn nite.

Good Luck

Deidra

cherry14 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by stormiwthr View Post
    The only thing I can think that these might be is common aspirin. They are really the only things I've seen without any imprint at all... mainly b/c u can buy like 100 of them for $1.99, so maybe he gave you a cheap "aspirin" placebo. Sorry about that! Ask him for ambien, it does work great and I only use it when I have a toss & turn nite.

Good Luck

Deidra
    Even aspirin would have an imprint of some kind, cost has nothing to do with it. Any medication, prescription or OTC, has to have an imprint in the US.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Yep .... in this country even "no name brand" aspirin has aspirin imprinted on the pills. It's the law, they have to identify any medication with some kind of number or whatever. No one got an ambien with nothing but a score on it from the United States. That includes even the generic ambien let alone the 12.5mg ambien CR.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

vanpills is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by cherry14 View Post
    Even aspirin would have an imprint of some kind, cost has nothing to do with it. Any medication, prescription or OTC, has to have an imprint in the US.
    I've had many "no-name" bottles of aspirin/ tylenol with no imprint. Just differents shapes, round, oblong, etc. What does the imprint have to identify, and what counts as an imprint?

The imprint has to be something unique in order to identify it, its either a logo or something alpha and/or numerical. Maybe many years ago some OTC drugs may have slid by without an imprint, but the FDA requires all Rx and OTC drugs to have an unique imprint now.