Need to know
    Teddy2012 is offline New Member

Default Need to know

Hi, I'm not sure I'm posting in the correct page as have never done this before but am so desperate for answers and advice. My boyfriend of 3 years who I met in a rehab I'm fine and sober have been for 3 years. However my partner I feel is abusing pain medication he uses preglablin and transtec patches which he replaces daily and then is so weird and out of it. What are these

melindau is offline Member

Buprenorphine patches (Transtec and Butrans)
    Introduction

Buprenorphine is an opioid drug, having a combination of agonist and antagonist properties.

Buprenorphine is known to produce the action of natural endorphins by stimulating the opioid receptors in the brain and spinal cord. These block the transmission of pain signals sent by the nerves to the brain. Hence, even if the cause of the pain still exists, less pain is actually felt.

melindau is offline Member

What is pregabalin?

Pregabalin is an anti-epileptic drug, also called an anticonvulsant. It works by slowing down impulses in the brain that cause seizures. Pregabalin also affects chemicals in the brain that send pain signals across the nervous system.

Pregabalin is used to control seizures and to treat fibromyalgia. It is also used to treat pain caused by nerve damage in people with diabetes (diabetic neuropathy), herpes zoster (post-herpetic neuralgia), or spinal cord injury.

Pregabalin may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.