Not a pill...liquid
    mookieman is offline New Member

Default Not a pill...liquid

Can anyone tell me what exactly this liquid is, I've done a search and this exact name does not come up. This is exactly what is written on the bottle...
    Levall-12 30mg Sus Athlon PHA

I find other Levall but not this exact thing. What is in this, what does it do?

Thanks.

zippysgoddess is offline Advanced Member

Well it is actually the same as the pills you are finding, just in liquid form.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

quote:Originally posted by zippysgoddess

Well it is actually the same as the pills you are finding, just in liquid form.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~
    Thanks for the info but...I'm not finding the pill form either. All I can find info on is Levall 5mg which to my understanding is not the same thing. I don't understand why I can't find exactly what is written on the bottle. If it's written on the bottle shouldn't it be out there somewhere for me to find?

Thanks again.

sweetchikk05 is offline Banned

I dont know exactly what it is you need to know abou the drug..I found some information on it hope it helps...

Liz ann

LEVALL Drug Information

Drug Name: LEVALL

LEVALL DESCRIPTION:
    GUAIFENESIN/DECONGESTANT/NARCOTIC ANTITUSSIVE LIQUID - ORAL

COMMON LEVALL BRAND NAME(S):
    Chemdal, Endal, Naldecon CX, Quindal, Robitussin DAC, Tussend

LEVALL SIDE EFFECTS:
    Dizziness, drowsiness, headache, loss of appetite, nausea or anxiety may occur the first several days as your body adjusts to the medication. If any of these effects continue or become bothersome, inform your doctor. Notify your doctor if you develop chest pain, a rapid pulse, skin rash, high blood pressure, painful or difficult urination, tremors, nervousness, trouble sleeping or hallucinations while taking LEVALL. To avoid dizziness and lightheadedness when rising from a seated or lying position, get up slowly. Also limit your intake of alcoholic beverages which will aggravate these effects. Use caution performing tasks requiring alertness if this medication causes you to feel drowsy. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.

HOW TO USE LEVALL:
    LEVALL: LEVALL is best taken with, or after, a meal or snack. Take LEVALL as prescribed. Do not increase your dose or take this more often than directed.

LEVALL USES:
    Guaifenesin is an expectorant that loosen mucus. The decongestant relieves nasal stuffiness. The low-dose narcotic antitussive helps control a cough. This combination medication is used to treat a cough and relieve symptoms associated with common colds, allergies, and other respiratory illnesses.

LEVALL PRECAUTIONS:
    Tell your doctor if you have any pre-existing kidney disease, heart disease, lung disease, asthma, emphysema, high blood pressure, an overactive thyroid, diabetes, glaucoma, prostate trouble, depression or if you have a history of drug dependency or any allergies. Check this product's ingredient list for phenylpropanolamine (PPA). The FDA has issued warnings regarding PPA side effects. Consult your pharmacist promptly if it contains PPA or if you are uncertain this product has PPA. This product should be used only when clearly needed during pregnancy. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor. At least one of the ingredients in this combination product is known to be excreted into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.

LEVALL DRUG INTERACTIONS:
    Tell your doctor of any over-the-counter or prescription medication you may take including any medication for blood pressure or depression, MAO inhibitors (e.g., selegiline, furazolidone, phenelzine, tranylcypromine) or cimetidine. Do not start or stop any medicine without doctor or pharmacist approval.

LEVALL OVERDOSE:
    If overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. Symptoms of overdose may include slow or shallow breathing, slow heart rate, small pupils, severe drowsiness, or unconsciousness.

LEVALL NOTES:
    Drink plenty of fluids, especially water while taking this medication. It will help to break up mucus and clear congestion.

MISSED LEVALL DOSE:
    If you miss a dose, take it as soon as remembered; do not take it if it is near the time for the next dose, instead, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not "double-up" the dose to catch up.

LEVALL STORAGE:
    Store at room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 to 30 degrees C) away from heat and light. Do not store in the bathroom.

kirby is offline Advanced Member

Levall-12 is a non-narcotic suspension for coughs:
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-08-2018 at 04:29 AM.

Thank you so much for this info. Don't know why I didn't think to look there although in my search nothing like that came up. Maybe it's time I changed search engines.

Thank all to responded to my question. I was trying to find out if it indeed was NON narcotic. I thought it was but wasn't sure and didn't want it if it was the narcotic kind.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-08-2018 at 04:29 AM.

zippysgoddess is offline Advanced Member

What search engine do you use? Google is always great for finding drug information.