Pills in son's room in plastic baggies
    CapoStatus is offline New Member

Default Pills in son's room in plastic baggies

I was going through my son's room. Found a few baggies with different types of pills. He is hanging with the wrong crowd and I would like to know what these pills are. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

The first pills are blank bars with 44 175 on one side.

Then there's a yellow circle pill with L114 and blank on other side.

Another circle pill with 4211 over a V with a line in the middle.

The last is a small bar with numbers 377.

He takes multiple medication but the thing that makes these stick out is that they are in baggies and not perscription vials like all the others. Are these harmful drugs and what are they for??

My thanks in advance

kirby is offline Advanced Member

44 175 is 500 mg acetaminophen, generic extra-strength Tylenol.

More info: https://www.drugs.com/acetaminophen.html

I can't confirm the information, but one database lists a round yellow tab imprinted L 114 as 200 mg caffeine. The source also remarks "Discontinued."

V 4211 is 500 mg methocarbamol, a muscle relaxant.

More info: https://www.drugs.com/methocarbamol.html

Off-white capsule shaped tablet imprinted 377 is 50 mg tramadol, an analgesic.

More info: https://www.drugs.com/tramadol.html

CapoStatus is offline New Member

I appreciate the VERY fast response.

I guess I am relieved to hear the information you gave me.

Can any of these drugs be used in an illegal way or are any of these CDS.

Thanks

kirby is offline Advanced Member

I don't think any are used in an illegal manner except maybe tramadol, but I'm not a pharmacist or doctor.

What is a CD? Do you mean controlled drug, like Schedule I through 5 drugs? If so, the answer is "NO."

The first two are over-the-counter medications that you can purchase any place without a prescription.

The last two are not controlled medications, but you need a prescription to obtain them.

Methocarbamol is used for the short-term relief of muscle spasms, injury etc.

Tramadol is an analgesic that might be used recreationally. Seems popular from what I've read, but I can't imagine why.[?]

Read the link I gave you in the post. Tramadol has been associated with seizures even in healthy people taking a normal dose.

ehore is offline New Member

hi. my name is dan and i manage a restaurant. a lot of my food runners/buspersons are high school kids, and i saw your thread and thought i might put in a word. Even though the pills you found in your sons room are not narcotics, i should caution you that a lot of kids nowadays are trying to sell random pills they find around their parents houses as a narcotic. for example, one of my runners spent 60$ on 8 tiny orange pills that some kid told him were 20mg oxycodone. they in fact turned out to be a stimulant laxative. this information is probably redundant, and i'm in no way trying to implicate that your son was trying to buy drugs, but i thought that in case you were unaware, this is a widespread practice throughout highschools.

truthseeker is offline New Member

About the Ultram (Tramadol), that is a non-narcotic pain reliever. I know, because my medical doctor and or my dentist prescribes that for pain when it's not so bad. so I don't get too dependent on them. But....I had my best friend, whois also a recovery addict for 5 years, and 3 months was down in the badk with back surgery and the doctor gave her Tramadol, and she took it for the entire 3 months and she attested it was nearly HELL detoxing off the tramadol. I found this to be true myself.

Sounds to me like none of the responsees so far have been psychiatrists, or medical doctors, so please, do yourself a favor, and take the bag of pills directly to the pharmacist or doctor, and have the *merited* advice. Then get with someone who can professionally explain to you how to talk to your kid on the dangers associated here.

Good luck, and God Bless you and your family.

amb a/k/a the truthseeker...

amb

Rawoody is offline Senior Member

Truthseeker,
    1) Where did you get the idea that Tramadol is a non-narcotic? If you checked out the link that Kirby had posted , you would have read that this IS a narcotic pain reliever and that you CAN't just stop taking it, or you WILL go through withdrawal symptoms.

By the by, I believe no one here is a medical professional. That is the reason why we post very carefully what we say and provide proof of our statements. Plus, we aren't providing medical advice.

I might not always be right, but I'm never wrong.