Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree42Likes
Pink pill - COR 135
    tac1971 is offline New Member

AND one more thing.... The original person who posted DID NOT have to comment at all to do what you claimed she/he did. I have looked up many pills for identification on here with none the wiser. I didn't nor did they have to say anything to get the information I/they wanted. They simply made a comment!

ItsMeAndMeOnly is offline New Member

I'm posting this obviously late on the matter, but my father being a 28yr long pharmacist has given me knowledge on many things, usually questions for my personal reasons.. but NO name brand and generic are absolutely NOT the same thing yes they have the same main active ingredient..ingredients but usually 80-90% is not the exactly the same.. my dad said to look at it this way if a recipe calls for 100% REAL butter which is say.. 8$ but you always get the "store brand" and find it taste the same but it's made with oils n "real" butter isn't and it only cost 3$ instead of the 8$... So in prescriptions it's the same thing, they all call for the same ingredients only most used are a cheaper version.. that's why Generic scripts are cheaper than Name Brand... So yes in many cases the generic brand may seem different if used to the name brand.. but also works vice versa, many may prefer the generic.. I was talking to my dad as I was reading and commenting on this and he just laughed and said "it's just like your knock-off purses.. looks like the real deal but cheaper materials and therefore cheaper prices"... He's such a fool lol

Maddcatter is offline New Member

Not only was this unnecessarily aggressive you are not exactly correct with several of these statements. Adderall is essentially prescription speed, people who actually suffer with adhd experience a calming effect from amphetimines. If you truly have the mental disorder any stimulant will highly increase your focus and stabilize ones manic behavior. As well there seems to be significant confusion on this thread as to what a generic brand actually is. When pharmaceutical companies create a drug like adderall they initially patent that name and formula used to create the drug however a patent only last for a few years. Once the patent expires other companies jump in the create their own version of the medication "generic brands" which are generally with made cheaper ingredients and must be marketed under a different name. The generic is essentially the same drug but does NOT always use the same exact ingredients because these companies are trying to pump out these medications for a lower cost because most insurance companies will force your hand into getting generics by not covering the original version of the medication. With any psych medication this can be unsettling because your are changing the chemical make up of your mind with these mess, so the slightest change to someone truly suffering from hyper activity can seem drastic. The generic may not work as effectively as the original on a count of these companies making the generics in the cheapest possible way. As unfortunate as it is these large pharmaceutical are out to make the largest profit and more often then not they are not concerned with the horrible side effects these changes can produce they are more worried about their profit. The doctors prescribing these meds are often times also getting kickbacks from these companies to prescribe a lot of these very heavy duty meds. That's why it is always important to do your own research and find out other people's experiences. Personally I got off adderall and onto straterra as well as gabapentin for severe nerve damage caused by fracturing my L1 L2 And L3. The Gabapentin dose 800mg 3x a day made me feel loopy so after 8 monthes I tapered off of it me little did I know the horrific side affects you experience from this non-narcotic drug. Insomnia, heart palpitations, crying spells, severe fatigue, complete loss of appetite, severe anxiety resulting in several panics attacks and terrible dibilitating migraines. After doing my own research when the symptoms started I found thousands of repeats of others who had the same experience and also found out how much money psych doctors receive for prescribing the drug because it is considered by many insurances as a maintenance drugs! It is crucial you ask a lot of questions about these meds and make sure you do your own investigating before getting on them. Sometimes doctors will tell you a tiny percentage of people receive side affects when in reality more people then not have horrible affects from them! Medicine is called a practice for a reason and if your med isn't working you need to call your dr and insurance to insure you get the original brand not some knock off! It's like the difference between jiffy crunchy peanut butter and giant brand the price looks great the packaging is pleasing to the eye but the product is gross!!!

FireChild877 is offline New Member

Default I know this is old

Don't discourage someone from obtaining a higher education due to spelling and grammatical errors. Learning disabilities, which ADHD are, can effect all areas of learning. This includes spelling and grammar. That does not mean that they don't have the smarts, grit and determination it takes to complete a Master's degree. And as a matter of fact, ADHD medication is indeed speed. Amphetamines equals speed. So please, consider that this person was under stress when typing causing the grammatical and spelling errors, and possibly getting the story a bit murky while trying to quickly get it out. I know that I can do the same as someone with ADHD and a Master's Degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Issilent View Post
    I hate to do this because I am not a mean person by nature. However I find it best you stop wasting your money going to school for your "masters". Your multiple grammatical errors coupled with the misuse of the correct "right", shows on the contrary your complete lack of education.
    Authorized generic drugs are exactly the same as the brand name product both in active and inactive ingredients - they go through exactly the same brand manufacturing line, yet different labels are put on at the end of the manufacturing process.
    This information is readily available on the Internet to anyone who owns a computer. Again showing that if you truly are in school for your masters you are doomed, for your researching skills are terrible.
    Lastly the fact that you can even consider the idea that a person who works in the medical field and has the ability to write prescriptions would give a person diagnosed with ADHD speed. Well thats just idiotic, and another sign that your obviously lying about the level of your education. Some people truly use this website to find information that they NEED (finding pills in the clothing and or rooms of their children, researching a better alternative to surgery and or a medicine they are already taking) and it's people like you. Whom I've come to the conclusion from your false rambling of your level of schooling and lack of knowledge of even the psychological disease your pretending to have. That you bought some pills off your local or maybe a new drug dealer, and getting something you weren't sure was real asked around on here to make sure you hadn't been taken advantage of.

Kracker55 is offline New Member

Amazing the rude replies to the original question. Ever think a well educated individual that is taking a pill that is not working AT ALL with ADD/ADHD would or could write a coherent proper statement/question. If your ADD/ADHD is not controlled your scatter brained. Issilant or what ever his handle is needs to get a grip.

That said I was on Wellbutrin years ago worked great throne day I get the genetic made by Teva. We'll talk about screwing up your head. Great example of brand >> genetic here. Brand has time release coating to release 20 % of medication in first say 2 hours I can't remember. Teva gets rights to make genetic BUT and a big one at that does NOT get the right to make the same time release coating. Just put that in your pipe and smoke it for a while. So the Teva brand coating releases over 40% of the drug in first 2 hours and messed me up big time. I would sit in the house and felt like I couldn't move. 1hour later I got in my truck to leave for work and sat in my truck for another hour. It was like someone would throw a switch to turn off my brain. Don't ever tell me genetics are just as good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12