please help, small
    johnny23 is offline New Member

Default please help, small

I have a large amount of small(half penny)sized white pills marked APO 5, they are plain on one side and have a halfer slice in the other side. the APO 5 is on the halved site. also i took one and noticed it dissolved in my mouth if that helps, thank you

Rawoody is offline Senior Member

I've actually found 2 pills. Both are white, same size and both produced by the same company in Canada (Apotex)

1) APO-Prednisone 5mg (AKA-DELTASONE (R))
    Adrenal

Prednisone is in a class of drugs called steroids. Prednisone reduces swelling and decreases the body's ability to fight infections.
    • Prednisone is used to treat many different conditions. It is used to treat endocrine (hormonal) disorders when the body does not produce enough of its own steroids. It is also used to treat many disorders such as arthritis, lupus, severe psoriasis, severe asthma, ulcerative colitis, and Crohn's disease.

2) APO_TRIHEX 5mg- (AKA-ARTANE(R))
    Anticholinergic

Trihexyphenidyl alters unusual nerve impulses and relaxes stiff muscles.
    • Trihexyphenidyl is used to treat the stiffness, tremors, spasms, and poor muscle control of Parkinson's disease. It is also used to treat and prevent the same muscular conditions when they are caused by drugs such as chlorpromazine (Thorazine), fluphenazine (Prolixin), perphenazine (Trilafon), haloperidol (Haldol), thiothixene (Navane), and others.

It could be either one. Sorry I couldn't isolate it.