purple/pink/tan pill 15 & ETH- link to pic!
    eek
    eek is offline New Member

Default purple/pink/tan pill 15 & ETH- link to pic!

I'm taking care of a terminally ill relative- these were in an unmarked bottle and she can't remember what they are but insists she's supposed to take them... I don't want to give her anything that might interact with her other medication, but also don't want to prolong witholding them if they really are important.

I've been trying to find out what these pills are for 2 days- I've gone to all the pill ID sites and entered the info, but no sites seem to have them listed! The only things that pop up seem to be birth control pills- these are larger though and as I've been on BC for years I know what they look like...

They're hard to describe correctly, more a purple/pink/tan. The one side is marked "15", while the other side is marked with a curvy "E" (or possibly a backwards "3" would be more accurate) and immediately following that a more regularly shaped "TH". They have a score mark on both sides, and they are about the size of her generic diazepam pills. That's what I thought they were at first, but I have never seen a "15" on diazepam.

Any help someone could give would be much appreciated- as I said I'm concerned about letting her have these until I know what they are and can speak with her doctor! THANKS SO MUCH!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-10-2018 at 11:19 PM.

robo is offline Moderator

Hi eek
    Thanks for the pic and great description

The pills you have described are
    Morphine Sulfate (Immediate-Release) Tablets, 15mg for pain relief.
    Generic for: MSIR Tablets (Purdue Frederick)
    Color/Shape Round, Brown Tablet with "ETH" and "15"

Info at https://www.drugs.com/morphine.html
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-10-2018 at 11:19 PM.

eek
    eek is offline New Member

Thanks Robo!

You've done the impossible -after all my "googling" & internet referencing you did in hours what I couldn't do in days!

Much appreciated, truly, I guess these are an old refill of her's... she takes morphine but it's in liquid form now. Glad to know I didn't hand them back to her and have her double dose. *phew*

robo is offline Moderator

Glad to help