round blue-white speckled; 2 on back....
    tonyooo00 is offline New Member

Default round blue-white speckled; 2 on back....

This is a round tablet that would fit on a dime.
    Pale blue but speckled white.
    One side has a 2 engraved.
    The other has what looks like a 1 with a diagonal line through it..but, the 1 looks the same when you turn it around. Take the 1 on the keyboard which has the small part at the top left coming off it. That would be on the bottom right too...so that it would look the same whichever way you turn it.

Any ideas?? Thanks.

kirby is offline Platinum Member

I think the pill is 2 mg Xanax XR Extended Release Tablet.

The 1 with a diagonal line through it is actually a stylized X.

I have looked Xanax up...the pictures look like they say Xanax on the tablet. Am I looking at the wrong thing?

kirby is offline Platinum Member

You are looking at the regular Xanax tablets.

The one you have is extended release. The XR pills are new - maybe since last year.

Plug xanax into the box and it will bring up two "Xanax" names. Click on either one and a monologue will come up. Click on the large blue "Alprazolam" at the top of the next page and pictures of generics and the "real deal" will appear.

These are really nice pictures - Eckerd's has the best pictures that are available. I certainly hope CVS doesn't discontinue the pics since CVS purchased Eckerd recently.

This is a great public service, and personally I use Eckerd all the time because of the company's commitment to keep consumers informed.

Post back and let me know if your pill matches the picture and what you think of Eckerd's site. Thanks.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-31-2016 at 08:36 PM.

Thank you so much. Your directions were very clear. You were exactly right. I found it clearly there. It was the 2mg extended release. Now, I just have to figure out why I found it in someone's possession in my house.
    The pictures were very good...I had found some sites, without this particular pill, that were quite small and could not be enlarged.