Round pill, says "oxy 10" and nothing else
    notapillhead is offline New Member

Unhappy Round pill, says "oxy 10" and nothing else

I've googled like crazy to try and find out what this pill is....it's white, but looks like it may have possibly had a coating on it? It's scored on one side and flat on the other and says "oxy 10", but nothing else. I know what oxy 10's are but they also have IR or something else on them. Could this be a generic form of a 10mg oxycontin?????

lastmanstandin is offline New Member

Default Oxycontin 10mg

What you have is Oxycontin 10's. Here is a link
    http://www.medbroadcast.com/drug_inf...omment#ratings

methadonfriendly826 is offline Junior Member

Default you mean oc 10

Oxycontin 10mg tabs are small round white pills with oc on one side and 10 on the other.They do not say oxy.Did you mean OC? IR might mean instant release but im not positive on that.

Bobbi1969 is offline Junior Member

Default Not oxycontin

Quote Originally Posted by lastmanstandin View Post
    What you have is Oxycontin 10's. Here is a link
    http://www.medbroadcast.com/drug_inf...omment#ratings

Oxycodone IR ,which what it sounds like you have is different then oxycontin in that the IR stands for immediate release and 'contin' as in oxycontin is time release. One youre going to get a quick blast from and the other is released over an 8-12hr period

Cats Meow is offline Platinum Member

OP, does it have a large P on the other side? Since your pill is scored it is not a CR.

Miracle Marge is offline New Member

Lightbulb Thought I could help ...

I've been on oxycontin for years. Have cronic pain issues unfortunately. The one thing you asked about is the IR on the pill. That means it's an 'instant release' pill ->>- a 'time released' pill. I'm prescribed 80 mgs of the 'time released' so there is a coating of bluish/green on it and say 80 on one side and OC on the other. I'm also on "oxydodone" which is IR for breakthrough pain. They are 30 mgs though, light blue and generic. Not sure about the "OXY 10" on yours though so be careful. Sometimes the way you put the info on the 'pill indentifier' is tricky. Your better off putting 'less' details in there more so then too much. You also have to keep in mind that there are MANY drug manufactures so you can get lost looking up various pills depending on what company distributes them.
    Good Luck! And like I said be careful!! These are very strong pain pills and if you're not used to them you never know the effect they may have. And very addictive but I have to have them for pain management. I watch Intervention alot on A&E and it's a great show!! Scary if you're not used to those situations but are VERY EDUCATIONAL!

The OP didn't say it has IR imprinted on it, so as far as I know this pill is not oxycodone.
    I mentioned another imprint that is imprinted OXY 5 and a P (Pharmascience logo) on the other side, don't confuse this with oxycodone, OXY 5 P is 5mg Oxybutynin Chloride (Ditropan) which is a anticholinergics/antispasmodic (treats UTI's).

Death69_2009 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by notapillhead View Post
    I've googled like crazy to try and find out what this pill is....it's white, but looks like it may have possibly had a coating on it? It's scored on one side and flat on the other and says "oxy 10", but nothing else. I know what oxy 10's are but they also have IR or something else on them. Could this be a generic form of a 10mg oxycontin?????
    it is a generic form of oxycontin

NO, it is NOT, like I already said since it's scored it can't be a controlled release drug, which Oxycontin is, pills are scored so they may be broken into pieces, CR's are never to be broken.

GoldChip042704 is offline New Member

Default oxy 10

You got it chick-a-dee.

DONNYDONUT is offline New Member

Default Oxy10

It's been my experience that Oxycontin have "OC" on one side and 10 on the other side. I would say it's a oxycodone IR10 if I was you. I hope this helps you.

The OP's imprint says OXY 10, not OXY IR 10, we don't have an OXY 10 in our database so who knows what it is? This could be counterfeit. Oxy doesn't always stand for oxycodone.

cherry14 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cats Meow View Post
    The OP's imprint says OXY 10, not OXY IR 10, we don't have an OXY 10 in our database so who knows what it is? This could be counterfeit. Oxy doesn't always stand for oxycodone.
    Kind of like talking to yourself, huh? Ditto on the scored, controlled release meds like OxyContin are NEVER scored (as you said), and "oxy" could technically refer to several meds....oxybutynin, oxymetazoline, oxymetholone, oxymorphone, oxytetracycline, oxytocin........I realize that "oxy" as a SLANG term means oxycodone or OxyContin, but slang terms do not appear on pills, folks. I realize when you badly want to believe something to be true, you only hear what you want, but seriously....

JuNGLiSTiC is offline New Member

My friend just got these prescribed after her surgery, they are white, say 10, then OXY under that with a score on the other side. The bottle says that they are Oxycodone 10 mg. Says to take every 4 hours.
    Please do not mess with this drug, it is EViL.. Destroyed a bunch of my friends lifes..

unskie is offline New Member

Exactly right. Those are Oxycodone Generic 10mg.