subxone after darvocets
    kjhrez is offline New Member

Thumbs down subxone after darvocets

hey all i have been searchin these forums for a while now tryin to find the answer to this question i am currently coming off of a three year 10mg 6 times a day vicodin habit. MY question is today to easy some of the withdrawal i took three darvocets now i came up on these suboxones about two hours later and my withdrawls havent subsided so im wondering if its okay to take the sub after the darvocet since it is such a weak drug? any answer would help and thnkyou in advance it really sucks to be only 23 years old and be having this problem, comes from having a doctor willing to prescribe anything, i have been on xanax klonopin perc 5,10, vic 5,10 and now valium on a normal basis but i want to get away from the opiates so can i take the suboxone two hours after taking three darvocets?

Kooshgirl is offline New Member

i'm trying to come off 11 years of opiate along with xanex soma whatever i take it... from what i have heard and investigated on the saboxin you need to go 12 hours without taking any opiate before you start the saboxin but it is still a opiate based drug get through the withdrawls then taper off the saboxin or you will be on saboxin just like the vicodine

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by kjhrez View Post
    hey all i have been searchin these forums for a while now tryin to find the answer to this question i am currently coming off of a three year 10mg 6 times a day vicodin habit. MY question is today to easy some of the withdrawal i took three darvocets now i came up on these suboxones about two hours later and my withdrawls havent subsided so im wondering if its okay to take the sub after the darvocet since it is such a weak drug? any answer would help and thnkyou in advance it really sucks to be only 23 years old and be having this problem, comes from having a doctor willing to prescribe anything, i have been on xanax klonopin perc 5,10, vic 5,10 and now valium on a normal basis but i want to get away from the opiates so can i take the suboxone two hours after taking three darvocets?

Not unless you want to get sick. You need to score a 26 on the COWS (clinical opioid wd scale) worksheet. If you don't score that high then you don't need to be on the subs.

Don't take them because you have them. Sounds like you're young. Get off ALL the pills before this gets serious. I would use the Thomas Recipe. It's worked for many people getting off RX opiates. Here are the links. Hope it helps. God bless.

COWS worksheet
    https://www.drugs.com/resources/opio...wal-record.pdf

Thomas Recipe
    https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...html#post68110
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

doc.rose is offline Advanced Member

Cold turkey would definitely be the best route for you. Good luck!!

Cats Meow is offline Diamond Member

Using Sub for Darvocet is like killing ants with a sledge hammer, extreme over kill.

bren1985 is offline New Member

I agree with cats meow darvocet is not that strong. It should not be that hard to come off of. But, everyone is different, an addiction is an addiction. But, hey, if all you've done so far is darvocet, please stop now while you can. This meds addiction is very strong stuff.Sometimes I think I'd rather have the pain of pain than the pain of being without my meds. their very controling. I'm out right now and am drinking to deal with it. I go to the doctor in two days but, that is a long long time without your goods. Please, trust me stop now while it's only davocet. Good luck,
    bren1985