two little blue pills
    bunnymom25 is offline New Member

Default two little blue pills

I found 2 little blue pills in my kids room - one is flat & light blue scored on one side with APO and under it is 10. The other one is a little fatter and there is the number 81 on one side and nothing on the other. Please help.

kirby is offline Advanced Member

Shape of the pills?

The Apotex pill might be hard to find since the company has changed many imprints over the last year. But let us know the shape, and we'll certainly try to help.

I've searched for a blue pill imprinted 81 before and never found anything except an obscure RX med (shape unknown). Someone sometime on a forum said a round blue tablet imprinted '81' is 81 mg aspirin, but blue isn't the traditional color for low-dose aspirin so I'm doubtful.

Please give us more info and we'll continue researching.

I'm not a pharmacist or a medical doctor. This message is not medical advice nor is it an offer to provide medical advice. All drug identifications should be validated by a licensed MD or pharmacist.

Cats Meow is offline Platinum Member

This probably isn't any help, but you (Kirby) tentatively ID'd a round blue APO 10 in https://www.drugs.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3454
    and I quote you:
    "Round, blue pill imprinted APO above the score, 10 below the score and plain on the other side might be APO-DIAZEPAM containing 10 mg diazepam. This pill is made by Apotex for distribution in Canada."

It doesn't explain the 81
    HTH

^..^ ~~ ,
    =´`= ___ )-~

kirby is offline Advanced Member

Correct. Apotex still makes the diazepam with the same imprint.

But Apotex has changed many imprints over the last year to more clearly identify the ingredients of many meds The company (and most Canadian companies) used their logos plus the milligram strength as the ID. But this has changed and especially Apotex has added letters to designate the generic name.

So without a definite shape and time frame a positive ID is not possible. But diazepam is the best we have right now.

I don't think the '81' is an Apotex pill. I don't know what it is. It's something Canadian but I doubt it's 81 mg aspirin. I've seen the question asked several times so it's probably common in Canada but elusive in the US. I have no idea what it is, but it's obviously not too obscure.

I'm not a pharmacist or a medical doctor. This message is not medical advice nor is it an offer to provide medical advice. All drug identifications should be validated by a licensed MD or pharmacist.

bunnymom25 is offline New Member

Yes - the APO with the 10 underneath it is Diazapam - the other pill is round - light blue with 81 stamped in darker blue on one side only and no other markings on it and it's not flat like the diazapam is.