Urgent! Proxynova, Red/Gray Caps, Zydus
    melmel is offline New Member

Default Urgent! Proxynova, Red/Gray Caps, Zydus

Can anyone help me figure this one out? Red and Gray Capsules with no imprint. Packaging (what I can make out) has stamped on it Proxynova and marketed by Zydus Cadila and manufactured by Welcure(?). India stamped on there also. A warning against liver damage with overdose. Schedule H? Ingredients listed appear to be dextraprapaxene (probably mispelled - the "a"s could be "o"s and I am not sure I am getting some other letters right either. And Hydrochoride and Paracetemal (also could be m.s.).

Thank you for any info you might have!

kirby is offline Platinum Member

You sound distressed, so I am answering quickly. And will do more research this evening. This is only an educated guess

The medication sounds like it might be a foreign version similar to Darvocet.

Dextraprapaxene hydrochoride is probably propoxyphene hydrochloride, and paracetamol is definitely acetaminophen (generic Tylenol).

A warning against liver damage with overdose is attributed to the acetaminophen, although propoxyphene is certainly not without dangers.

maryannjoanne is offline New Member

Is this proxynova a form of hydrocodine? I found some in my daughter's room and was wondering what it actually is. Is this something they can order over the internet because it does not look like a prescription?[:0] It is red and gray and has proxynova stamped on the package with the warning about liver damage.

Fenixxx is offline New Member

I can tell you exactly what they are. These pills are a controlled substance (I believe they are considered 'Schedule IV' in the US, you can look up info about the Drug Schedules @ FDA.GOV). I bought some of these easily on the Internet, and was not asked to provide any medical info or required to provide a prescription. It was sold to me under the name "Darvon", as it is known in the US. The ingredients are Dextropropoxyphene and Paracetamol(aka, Acetaminophen). It is not hydrocodone, but it is an opiate, though one of the weaker ones.