Vicoprofen 7.5mg 30 pills/day? is it possible?
    mashik777 is offline New Member

Default Vicoprofen 7.5mg 30 pills/day? is it possible?

My husband says that he is taking 30 pills/day of vicoprofen 7.5mg.
    The doctor and the pharmasist are saying that this is not possible, he would be dead, cause in each pill there is 200mg of iboprofen. They believe that my husband is laying, and stores his pills somewhere. I don't know whom to believe. thanks

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mashik777 View Post
    The doctor and the pharmasist are saying that this is not possible, he would be dead, cause in each pill there is 200mg of iboprofen. They believe that my husband is laying, and stores his pills somewhere. I don't know whom to believe. thanks
    Hi mashik
    I would take way more than that when I was useing...that would have been a little snack for me...LOL
    is he looking to get help ??? it kind of sounds like he is and why would he store his pills...it is real easy to get to that amount of pills when you have a problem with them...
    Let us know if we can help..
    Talk to you soon, Melinda

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Trust me I used to take that much almost every DOSE!!! I'm not trying to be cute, I wasn't taking the vicoprofen but was taking just as powerful meds as he was taking or more.

I am not bragging, as this is nothing to be proud of, but I was taking 900mg of oxycodone daily plus at least 30 10/650 lorcets a day in addition to all the klonopin, xanax, soma and other assorted garbage.

I replied on your other thread about an option for him to get clean without missing work. Check it out. I'll look for your reply on the other thread as I believe that will end up being his best option.

Relax! There is a way out of this if he will commit to following my suggestions on the other thread and he'll feel great the entire time we're doing it. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

mashik777 is offline New Member

Thanks Melinda and Robert,
    at least he is not lying about the amount...
    I believed that he was eating all of them, but when somebody tells you it is impossible you start to doubt.

Anonymous Guest

Hi Mashik
    Do you think he wants help to quit...if he does there are many ways we can help...Robert wrote a great paper on subs is you are interested let me know and I will pull it up for you...
    if he wants help don't worry we can get him fixed up...
    Talk to you soon, Melinda

Cats Meow is offline Diamond Member

Suboxone is a little bit of an overkill for a hydrocodone problem, first he should try cold turkey, he can get over the problem much faster, he can always try SubO as a second option, I believe everybody owes it to themselves to try CT first.

Psychmajor is offline Member

so ibuprofin can rip open your stomic is what i think the doc's were getting at. an addict with a high enough tolerance can take the amount of hydro but the ibu is probably causing a huge amount of problems internaly (worse than tylenol). i would recomend he gets looked at by a doc even before he goes on sub's or anything like that... by the way when you take sub do you still feel any of the withdrawl symptoms because that association is pretty important even if it is painful

haitipi is offline New Member

Exclamation Well, Maybe!

Your husband could very well be telling the truth. Unfortunately, that is not good news. The pharmacist is exagerating when he/she says that you r husband would be dead, but he is heading down that road. And the narcotic is the least of his worries. It doesn't take long for a person, even a true pain patient who is chasing the high to become tolerant to the Narcotic Component of this medication, Hydrocodone. While it is generally recommended to never exceed 40mg per day, I have known MANY individuals who have worked their way up to 400mg + per day. Now, as your pharmacist real danger is in the so called "SAFE" over-the -counter portion of this medication, the Ibuprofen. I believe that the FDA put a Recommended Maximum Daily usage at 800mg per day (4 of those pills your husband is taking). While many people abuse the similar Vicodin (Hydrocodone & Tylenol) in similar numbers, they are painlessly (to a point)destroying their livers. With the Ibuprofen, your husband is risking acute (sudden onset) gastrointestinal bleeding, bleeding ulcers, etc. He should be suffering from stomach pains each time he is taking this stuff in high quantities. If he has not died since you have written your inquiry, he is heading their quick. This is coming to you from someone who personally knows many recovering addicts and who has dealt with the death claims of many who never got to quit.

STOP HIM NOW. If he needs the pain relief and requires high doses, but can't stop abusing his meds, have him check out Methadone clinics in your area. They should be able to steer him right. He can get the meds he needs, but since they control the daily doses, he can't swallow the whole month's supply in a week.

Haiti PI

Cats Meow is offline Diamond Member

If he's going to take that much every day tell him at least to take it with food, all NSAIDS should always be taken with food, especially Cox 2's.

recon484 is offline New Member

Default he is taking 30

It is VERY VERY possible for your husband to take 30 pills a day. I am 44 days clean and some days i took more then 30. i understand the Dr. and pharmacist saying he cant take that many . The pills he takes have 325 mg of tylenol. The pills i took have 650 mg. of tylenol and i did take between 20-30 a day...everyday for 13 years. What they dont know is IF someone can do this,Its a lot of tylenol but there are many people who take this many a day. I see that your post is over a year old i only hope he is clean now. Feel free to contact me about this.

BaileyR is offline Banned

Hello,
    I am not bragging, as this is nothing to be proud of, but I was taking 900mg of oxycodone daily plus at least 30 10/650 lorcets a day in addition to all the klonopin, xanax, soma and other assorted garbage.
    Ali.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyR View Post
    Hello,
    Ali.

Why are you taking exact comments (word for word) from my posts and using them under your name. I've seen it on three of your posts? :Go to the third post in this thread (look above) and you'll find this exact sentence in my post. I can point out the others too. confused:
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-10-2010 at 06:49 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.