What pills were these??
    Stardust1959 is offline New Member

Default What pills were these??

My Doctor gave me a prescription for my pain medicine "NORCO" 5/325, They were white oval pills with blue specks. With one refill, they were exactly the same as the first bottle.
    Today she CALLED in a new prescription for the same thing. I picked it up at the pharmacy and when I got home, I noticed they were rather large cream colored pills with the marking of 5161 on one side and nothing on the other side. I returned to the pharmacy and he corrected it, saying he was sorry. But when my husband and I had asked what it was, the pharmacist told us he did not know. He also asked me if I had taken any, I told him no, since they did not look like anything I have ever seen before.
    Can anyone tell me what those pills were?
    Thank You,
    Stardust1959[?]

kirby is offline Platinum Member

The pharmacist didn't know what 5161 is? That amazes me.[:0]

5161 is generic Vicoprofen made by Teva. The pill contains 7.5 mg hydrocodone and 200 mg ibuprofen.

It's stronger than your Norco 5 (more hydrocodone) and contains ibuprofen instead of acetaminophen. Vicoprofen is better for pain caused by inflammation, but the ibuprofen can cause stomach problems.

Then again, too much acetaminophen can cause liver problems, especially in people who drink alcohol.

Stardust1959 is offline New Member

Thank You Kirby,
    Maybe I should of kept them then. Not really, they were not prescribed for me. However with 4 broken fingers and 6 buldging disks in my spine, I will be telling the Doc what happened and that the pharmacist told me what they were, sounds like they might help me more.
    Don't think she would like knowing I found out what they were online.
    Thanks again,
    Stardust1959