white capsule w/ blue writing, what is it?
    babigurl04 is offline New Member

Default white capsule w/ blue writing, what is it?

I have a white oblong/ oval capsule with a light blue writing and kind of a jagged G on it, it also has the numbers 5026. Is there anyone that knows what this might be. A friend showed it to me and asked if I knew. I've searched on-line and I've searched medical books that have pictures of different pills and I have found nothing at all. If there is anyone that can help me or has an answer for me please e-mail me at sugarbebexo3@hotmail.com If possible send a picture along with the e-mail.

kirby is offline Platinum Member

According to one database, capsule imprinted G 5026 is 100 mg gabapentin - generic Neurontin.

I can't confirm the information with other databases. But the NDC number matches the imprint for Greenstone's gabapentin. That's usually a good sign.

Images of the 300 mg and 400 mg dosages made by the company are available at drugdigest.org if you want to confirm that your "jagged G" matches the Greenstone G.

This generic is very new. Here is an excerpt from the Pfizer press release:

NEW YORK, October 8, 2004 -- Greenstone Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Pfizer, announced today that it has launched a generic version of Pfizer's Neurontin (gabapentin). The new product will be distributed in 100 mg, 300 mg and 400 mg capsules.

More info: https://www.drugs.com/gabapentin.html

I'm not a pharmacist or a medical doctor. This message is not medical advice, nor is at an offer to provide medical advice. All drug identifications should be validated by a licensed MD or pharmacist.