White oblong imprinted M357. Vicodin?
    OTTOSWAN is offline Junior Member

Default White oblong imprinted M357. Vicodin?

Can anyone identify an oblong, white pill imprinted M357? Vicodin? Thanks.

Anonymous Guest

Ok this one is to easy...LOL
    It's a 5/500 vicodin
    all us us will know this one LOL...
    Melinda

Anonymous Guest

Hi OTTOSWAN
    Im just wondering where do you get all of these pills to ID...
    I know it's none of my business but I just had to ask ???
    Melinda

Default Melinda

I have been treated for Bipolar Disorder for the past 9 years. Because I am on Medicare I change insurance companies nearly every year (as the companies change benefit amounts). When I change companies I am forced to change doctors. Also, I have never been prescribed a combination of medications that stop my symptoms that I can afford (my latest prescriptions would cost me $1,500 a month after Medicare and my insurance pay the amount that they allow). When I change doctors or when they take me off a medication I don't throw the old ones away, but I used to put them in larger bottles so loose track of what some of them are. Now when I am manic or have panic attacks and am out of meds and am scared I look for some old medications that might temporarily help. I keep trying but don't have much hope since my daughter who was in treatment for Bipolar Disorder recently committed suicide. (No, not by overdose!) Hope I didn't bore you.

Anonymous Guest

Hi Ottoswan
    I'm really sorry for your loss...My son who is 30 is bi-polar and has panic disorder he has spent most of his adult life in prison because of it.
    He has tried to kill him self many times and has almost done it a couple of them.
    I have been trying to help him for years, but i just cant pull him out of it.
    when he is out of prison he is on disability.and they don't pay for the good med only the ********py ones.
    anyway, thanks for talking with me.

Talk to you later, Melinda

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by OTTOSWAN View Post
    I have been treated for Bipolar Disorder for the past 9 years. Because I am on Medicare I change insurance companies nearly every year (as the companies change benefit amounts). When I change companies I am forced to change doctors. Also, I have never been prescribed a combination of medications that stop my symptoms that I can afford (my latest prescriptions would cost me $1,500 a month after Medicare and my insurance pay the amount that they allow). When I change doctors or when they take me off a medication I don't throw the old ones away, but I used to put them in larger bottles so loose track of what some of them are. Now when I am manic or have panic attacks and am out of meds and am scared I look for some old medications that might temporarily help. I keep trying but don't have much hope since my daughter who was in treatment for Bipolar Disorder recently committed suicide. (No, not by overdose!) Hope I didn't bore you.

Don't worry about boring anyone. That isn't important, it's okay to ask questions. If you're going to keep the old scripts, as I don't blame you for ... I would do the same thing, you should keep the medication in the prescription bottles they come in. You may accumulate a bunch of bottles in the process but that is certainly better than putting them in a big bottle mixed together and then hoping someone can ID them for you. What if you get the wrong information?

I really believe you should rethink how you're doing this. It's dangerous doing what you're doing, especially considering that you say you are digging through them loose in a big bottle, not remembering for sure what is what while you are in a state of despair searching for an old pill that might help you right then. That's a good way of getting yourself in trouble if you make a mistake and think you're taking something when it's actually something different. Just think about this logically. God bless.

Default Thanks

Just want to thank you for your concern and excellent suggestions. Of course you are right. Intellectually I know this and am trying to handle things differently. However, when my brain isn't working, what I feel is entirely different. It is awful to fight with my own brain. My favorite saying is, "I used to think that my brain was my most important organ until I realized what was telling me that." Anyhow, thank you again and I'll keep trying, "for one more day."

Thanks for your kindness and concern. I am so sorry for you and your son. Over time I have met so many people who's lives are just like yours and mine. My daughter used to tell me to just hang on a little longer because any day might be the day that a cure is found. I guess she just couldn't wait any longer, but for today I'll keep waiting. Thanks again.

anotheraddict is offline Member

Otto,

I just had to tell you that your saying totally cracked me up! You definitely made my day by making me smile, and that was just what I needed right now I may not totally know what you are going through, but feel free to post here anytime. Hopefully I can offer some kind words when you are feeling down, we all need that sometimes.
    1 is too many, and 1000 is never enough

Freed from my own personal hell since 03/24/2009