white pill
    VnclvDar is offline New Member

Default white pill

sm. white round pill. Has imprint of a bowtie on one side.Has 200 on other side. Can anyone tell me what kind of pill this is?

darlene

SyntheticBliss is offline New Member

This might be it, I'm not sure

Imprint Code: 200
    Drug/Strength/Manufacturer: Trandate 200 mg - Glaxo Wellcome
    Description: white scored round tablet

hondo2 Guest

Hi!
    I don't think Trandate is correct. The image I found for Trandate (by GSK) shows an ORANGE tab, with quite a lot of imprint info.

The &gt;&lt; symbol suggests IVAX Pharmaceuticals (major generics manufacturer). I've waded through their very helpful online catalogs, and there's a [u]possibility</u> that your tablet could be:
    Cimetidine 200mg Tab (generic TAGAMET).
    Manufacturer: IVAX PHARMACEUTICALS.
    Color: WHITE.
    Imprint: &gt;&lt; /200.
    Shape: ROUND.
    IVAX Rating: OTC (non-prescription).
    Therapeutic Category: DISORDERS, ACID/PEPTIC

If this is right, Drugs.com info says Cimetidine is a Histamine H 2 -receptor antagonist (also known as H 2 -blockers), used to treat duodenal ulcers and prevent their return. They are also used to treat gastric ulcers and for some conditions, such as Zollinger-Ellison disease, in which the stomach produces too much acid. In over-the-counter (OTC) strengths, these medicines are used to relieve and/or prevent heartburn, acid indigestion, and sour stomach. H 2 -blockers may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor. H 2 -blockers work by decreasing the amount of acid produced by the stomach.

You might want to check further with Ivax Pharmaceuticals, on 800-327-4114, or through ivaxpharmaceuticals.com