Yellow-y pills marked watson 853 i know what it is but have a ?
    jksmom9908 is offline New Member

Exclamation Yellow-y pills marked watson 853 i know what it is but have a ?

i tried to send this a few days ago but it never got posted. I will try again. These pills are marke Watson 853 and scored down the middle. They are hydrocodone 10 right? However the person who showed them to me (I do not see him professionally as a social worker but I help him from time to time with problems, finding services etc.) said he bought them online from rxsup24.com and is concerned with taking them. They are a mustardy yellow color and appear to be a little banged up. Chipped and one is cracked down the center (not on the score line). Honestly, I am not sure what to tell him. I looked up the company online and it appears they make the drugs overseas (Pakistan? I dont know...lol) and they just look...well not all "nice" like drugs here. I cannot confiscate them from him as he is an adult and I am not his mother...lol. But I just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with buying pills like this and if you think they would be safe for him. I am still trying to get him to go to treatment but until he wants to the best I can do is be supportive and try to keep him ALIVE for goodness sake! So does pill appearance really make a difference? Esp. with overseas items? I could really use a response ASAP as he says he is coming to my office later to get them whether they are safe or not. THANK YOU!

Cats Meow is offline Platinum Member

Watson 853 is Hydrocodone, Acetaminophen 10/325mg (generic Norco 10)
    Here's an image:
    https://www.drugs.com/imprints.php?a...ch&imprint=853
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-18-2010 at 04:49 PM.

Yes thank you that is what I thought. Just wondering if anyone has experience with the rest of what I described in the post. Online (probably no rx needed) pharmacy safety and also any advice regarding the safety of meds that dont necessarally look great. Do they pay less attention to that in foriegn countries? And the yellow color of these pills is very muted almost mustard color and the only yellow hydrocodone I have seen was bright, almost neon yellow. Sorry if this is an annoying question. I am grasping at straws here. Searched the internet but cannot find any info really. Thanks

Cats Meow is offline Platinum Member

Hydrocodone is only made in the USA, those are not foreign pills, color varies by mfr. Watson's Norco is probably the best around, I imagine yours is beat up due to handling. Quality control may not always be as high with foreign pills as American, and sometimes it depends on the mfr themselves.
    Buying Rx meds on-line is risky, sometimes the meds are bogus or inferior, and sometimes you don't receive product, it's basically illegal without a script and they know you have little recourse (if any) under the law, so always the rule is "caveat emptor".

Hope this helps.
    Cats

Wink

I hear you and thanks so much. The guy whose stuff this is is a pill head and I am really in the stage where I am praying he lives long enough to make it to rehab. I know he is going to take them even if I told him the were bleach filled...haha....but I just wanted to know, for my own sake, what anyone thought. Thanks so much!