Results 1 to 22 of 22
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Beefaroni7272
  • 1 Post By DangerToMyself
  • 1 Post By DangerToMyself
  • 2 Post By extremetm
1.5 days without 30mg Oxys
  1. #1
    DangerToMyself is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    16

    Default 1.5 days without 30mg Oxys

    I’m new in this forum, but I was stalking you guys for about 2 weeks ago, I went c/t on sunday, it was my last pill. I was using the oxys for about 3 month 120mg a day. Right now after 1.5 days I feel pain in my legs, my knees and my back... no apetite what so ever. Sorry for the way I write english, is not my first language. I decide to quit for my mon and myself but its hard. Want to meet people that can help me out thru this process. Thanks you

  2. #2
    OKC-26 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Welcome! There’s a lot of great people here that will be able to help you and give great advice along the way. We’ve all been where you are or are in the same spot. No shame or judgment at all. Congratulations on making the jump! This process usually isn’t as bad as we anticipate. Not saying that it is easy but it’s definately possible.

    I quit just over 2 months ago from oxys myself at almost the exact same dose so I know how scary it is. But things get so much better and it’s so worth it! The body aches and no appetite are completely normal for being 1.5 days off oxys. Look up the Thomas recipe. I and many others have found it to help out a lot. The benzos aren’t recommended unless you are already taking them. Other things that helped me were multiple hot baths/showers, a couple heating pads for the body aches and tons of water/gatoraid to flush out all the junk I filled my body with for years.

    The mental part of this is just as difficult as the physical. You’ve got to decide that you really want this and there is no turning back. Throw away the rest of the pills. Cut off all ties with the people/places where you could get more pills. I even changed my phone number. A lot of us have trouble sleeping for the first week or so of detox. Don’t stress your self out if you can’t sleep. Lying in bed watching the hours tick off the clock will drive you crazy. Find a book, watch tv or just get up and do something. Try not to worry about how bad you feel, think about how great you’re going to feel in just a short period of time when this is all behind you. No more watching the clock to see when you can take more. No more counting pills to see if you have enough. You’re going to be free! You can do this. It’s not easy but it is worth it.

    If you want you can goto my thread and read all the whining I did throughout my journey. You’re not alone in this. Come here and post all you want, good or bad. We understand and we’re here for you

    “One day at a time”

  3. #3
    DangerToMyself is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OKC-26 View Post
    Welcome! There’s a lot of great people here that will be able to help you and give great advice along the way. We’ve all been where you are or are in the same spot. No shame or judgment at all. Congratulations on making the jump! This process usually isn’t as bad as we anticipate. Not saying that it is easy but it’s definately possible.

    I quit just over 2 months ago from oxys myself at almost the exact same dose so I know how scary it is. But things get so much better and it’s so worth it! The body aches and no appetite are completely normal for being 1.5 days off oxys. Look up the Thomas recipe. I and many others have found it to help out a lot. The benzos aren’t recommended unless you are already taking them. Other things that helped me were multiple hot baths/showers, a couple heating pads for the body aches and tons of water/gatoraid to flush out all the junk I filled my body with for years.

    The mental part of this is just as difficult as the physical. You’ve got to decide that you really want this and there is no turning back. Throw away the rest of the pills. Cut off all ties with the people/places where you could get more pills. I even changed my phone number. A lot of us have trouble sleeping for the first week or so of detox. Don’t stress your self out if you can’t sleep. Lying in bed watching the hours tick off the clock will drive you crazy. Find a book, watch tv or just get up and do something. Try not to worry about how bad you feel, think about how great you’re going to feel in just a short period of time when this is all behind you. No more watching the clock to see when you can take more. No more counting pills to see if you have enough. You’re going to be free! You can do this. It’s not easy but it is worth it.

    If you want you can goto my thread and read all the whining I did throughout my journey. You’re not alone in this. Come here and post all you want, good or bad. We understand and we’re here for you

    “One day at a time”
    Just want with tear in my eyes to say thanks you for this kinds words to me, I really appreciate it because I call a rehab cebter and they told me that they could’n help because I dont have insurance. I was hopeless even used mor oxy that day but I found this forum and saw people like you willing to help and make this journey a lot easy. Yes I saw that the benzos help but 4 years ago I was addicted to klonopin for about a year I even when to the hospital for a week, I taper down the doses of klonopin until 0.25 mg but it took me a year to do so, I dint want to do that with the oxys so thats why I decide to quit C/T. Rigt now I dont feel that bad just the pain all over my body and no apetite. Yes I’m gonna chech your thread bruh and again thank you

  4. #4
    OKC-26 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    130

    Default

    I’ve never been to a detox facility so I can not tell you wether they are benefitial or not. I can tell you that you can get through this at home. Many others on here have made it. So there is no doubt that you can too!

    I’ve gone through opiate withdraw with and without the help of benzos. Since you’ve had trouble in the past I wouldn’t recommend you using them. They could just end up causing more problems down the road for you. Honestly the immodium was an even bigger help than the benzos so they aren’t necessarily. The biggest tool in this fight is your mind, you will have some tough moments throughout this but if you get up and do something to take your mind off of this that hard moment will go away. If you sit in bed and think about how sick you are, you will feel sick. If you get up and clean the kitchen, you won’t think about being sick as much. Get excited! Your life is about to change for the better! By day 5 you’re going to start to feel better each day. You CAN do this.

  5. #5
    DangerToMyself is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OKC-26 View Post
    I’ve never been to a detox facility so I can not tell you wether they are benefitial or not. I can tell you that you can get through this at home. Many others on here have made it. So there is no doubt that you can too!

    I’ve gone through opiate withdraw with and without the help of benzos. Since you’ve had trouble in the past I wouldn’t recommend you using them. They could just end up causing more problems down the road for you. Honestly the immodium was an even bigger help than the benzos so they aren’t necessarily. The biggest tool in this fight is your mind, you will have some tough moments throughout this but if you get up and do something to take your mind off of this that hard moment will go away. If you sit in bed and think about how sick you are, you will feel sick. If you get up and clean the kitchen, you won’t think about being sick as much. Get excited! Your life is about to change for the better! By day 5 you’re going to start to feel better each day. You CAN do this.
    Hehehe i was reading your thread from the beginning so you are give me all the support that I need right now brother thank you so much. I got a question I have on me a few suboxone strip I got em on sunday cause I was going to start the C/T using the strip but I was reading on the internet I’m came a accros to they are addictive too, so I put it away but I cousin told me that I can cut it into little pieces and use small amount! Is that ok? And what feeling I’m gonna feel using the strip thank you brother.

  6. #6
    DangerToMyself is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    16

    Default

    I have suboxone strip films a cousin told me to cutting in 8 pieces and use the small amount, should give I try or no? And for how many days should I used the stripe without getting adictive to it or simply you guys recommend me not use the strip thank you for all the help

  7. #7
    Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,844

    Default

    Hello and welcome!! I would definately not recommend taking the suboxone. It is a whole other monster. Even that tiny little 1mg strip is a massive amount of sub. It's a very very powerful drug (some estimate it to be 30 times stronger than morphine) and it has a very long half life so it stays in your body for a very long time. Subs should be your last resort on this journey. Give the C/T detox some time. Okc has given you some great advice. Have you seen the Thomas Recipe for opiate withdrawal? You can Google it. Leave out the benzos though, I know you said you had issues with klonopin. Everything there will help you out.

    Like okc said after day5 you should begin to turn the corner and feel better. Stay active and stay hydrated. Use Imodium for any bathroom issues. Keeping a positive mindset is key. If you sit around thinking about how bad you feel, guess what. You're gonna feel pretty bad. Get outside, take a walk. I promise it will help.

    I was on oxy, then suboxone for 8 + years total. I jumped from 1mg of suboxone without knowing how strong they were and that 1mg is still a lot. It took me about a month and a half before I got back to "normal" or whatever normal is. Give my thread a read. Most of the good stuff is in the beginning 3 pages or so. Granted I was on them for 5 years or so. But it will give you some perspective on suboxone.

    It's titled "Day 11 no suboxone. Looking for info" should be just a few under this thread here.

    Welcome again!! Let us know what you plan moving forward. I can promise you that life is so much better clean. Just stick with it. You can do this!!

    Have a great day!!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

  8. #8
    DangerToMyself is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    Hello and welcome!! I would definately not recommend taking the suboxone. It is a whole other monster. Even that tiny little 1mg strip is a massive amount of sub. It's a very very powerful drug (some estimate it to be 30 times stronger than morphine) and it has a very long half life so it stays in your body for a very long time. Subs should be your last resort on this journey. Give the C/T detox some time. Okc has given you some great advice. Have you seen the Thomas Recipe for opiate withdrawal? You can Google it. Leave out the benzos though, I know you said you had issues with klonopin. Everything there will help you out.

    Like okc said after day5 you should begin to turn the corner and feel better. Stay active and stay hydrated. Use Imodium for any bathroom issues. Keeping a positive mindset is key. If you sit around thinking about how bad you feel, guess what. You're gonna feel pretty bad. Get outside, take a walk. I promise it will help.

    I was on oxy, then suboxone for 8 + years total. I jumped from 1mg of suboxone without knowing how strong they were and that 1mg is still a lot. It took me about a month and a half before I got back to "normal" or whatever normal is. Give my thread a read. Most of the good stuff is in the beginning 3 pages or so. Granted I was on them for 5 years or so. But it will give you some perspective on suboxone.

    It's titled "Day 11 no suboxone. Looking for info" should be just a few under this thread here.

    Welcome again!! Let us know what you plan moving forward. I can promise you that life is so much better clean. Just stick with it. You can do this!!

    Have a great day!!
    Beef
    Thank you Beef for your words, deff gonna make a visit to your threads because right now I need help. My plans are quit this stuff for good because I have plnas to visit my family back in country and don't want then to see me like this not again because they already pass a hard time the last time a was on Klonopin and now using Oxy Its gonna be to much for them and for me too I just want this days to past fast brother. In 3 hrs its gonna be my Day 2 of the berries (oxys) I call them berries dont know why I when out to visit my cousin and talk a little but the pain its killing me and the no apetite its hard cause I feel pain in my belly for the lack of food in it but I dont have apetite. Again Thanks for your words and support brother I put the strip in the trash dont want more trouble in my life hehehe
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

  9. #9
    Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,844

    Default

    I couldn't stomach any food for the first week or so. I lived on protein shakes. Grab some protein powder, almond milk, honey, berries, or whatever fruit you like and some ice. (Thanks Cat!!) Gotta get something in your belly other than water!!!

    Keep posting it really helps!!
    Beef

  10. #10
    DangerToMyself is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    I couldn't stomach any food for the first week or so. I lived on protein shakes. Grab some protein powder, almond milk, honey, berries, or whatever fruit you like and some ice. (Thanks Cat!!) Gotta get something in your belly other than water!!!

    Keep posting it really helps!!
    Beef
    I feel bad now bruh I >>>>ed my two days sober I used not much but I used it was half a berry with other person so it was probably 7.5 mg or less but I feel bad right now. But its funny with that little amount I dont feel no pain what so ever, so why before sunday night I was using 120mg or more. But Right now I’m thinking of waitting two days and do half o quarter half so I dont feel that much pain and continue to add more days to the doses until I’m free or is that stupid of me of thinking That way.

  11. #11
    OKC-26 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    130

    Default

    I 100% agree with beef. Good job on throwing the sub away. I think you’ll be glad you did that. You’re doing awesome! So In a couple of hours you’ll have 2 full days clean?? Good news is that you shouldn’t feel much worse (if any) than you do now. Try and eat something. I made myself eat protein bars. It was tough but not eating anything won’t help. And keep drinking the water. I know it’s annoying having to use the bathroom every 20 minutes but you have to clean yourself out. I kept telling myself the quicker I got the oxys out of me the sooner I would feel better. Stay busy and stay positive. In a few weeks you will see how great it feels and all of this will be worth it. You’re doing awesome keep it up!

  12. #12
    DangerToMyself is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Because I did that w the klonopin before and it work, lowering the dosis. Cause I relapse after two day without using the berries (30mg oxys), but I only used 7 mg out of 120mg that I used before. So I’m thinking wait two days until my other dosis of 7 mg or just start again cold turkey tomorow?

  13. #13
    DangerToMyself is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OKC-26 View Post
    I 100% agree with beef. Good job on throwing the sub away. I think you’ll be glad you did that. You’re doing awesome! So In a couple of hours you’ll have 2 full days clean?? Good news is that you shouldn’t feel much worse (if any) than you do now. Try and eat something. I made myself eat protein bars. It was tough but not eating anything won’t help. And keep drinking the water. I know it’s annoying having to use the bathroom every 20 minutes but you have to clean yourself out. I kept telling myself the quicker I got the oxys out of me the sooner I would feel better. Stay busy and stay positive. In a few weeks you will see how great it feels and all of this will be worth it. You’re doing awesome keep it up!
    Thans OKC for your words but I relapse today so It 0 days now it was a little amount but I used so thats that .. I was thinking of wait two more days and used that amount that I used today and lowering that dose until I dont need to used anymore like I did with the klonopin what you think. Also I was reading you threads I think they were good to make the decision to quit this stuff

  14. #14
    Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,844

    Default

    If I were you. And this is just my opinion. I'd flush what you have left and grit your teeth, stock up on the Thomas recipe and get through this. If you continue to take that tiny amount just to give you some relief when the w/d get bad you're not really doing yourself any favors. From my experience when I'd try to detox from oxy it didn't matter how much or little I had. I'd take some little piece and I'd be good for about 12 hours. Then I'd be back on the roller coaster. I found it was justifying my use further. It gave me just another excuse to use. I wasn't really committed to getting clean at that point. I'm not saying that's where you are and I'm not judging you in any way. But I'm an addict and when it came to tapering oxy I just couldn't do it. If I had them, they were gone.

    Like I said earlier, this is your decision. You could certainly try tapering, but I wouldn't just take a little crumb every 2 days, you'll basically be in w/d most of the time, and that wouldn't be fun. And like I said I would just rip the bandaid off and go c/t. You already know how this is gonna go. I don't believe your symptoms will be any worse than what you were going through yesterday, and in 5 days you'll be feeling better. Not great but better. You can do this. But you gotta want it more than anything. And cut off all the temptation for yourself.

    We are all in your corner cheering you on. Keep posting.

    Beef

  15. #15
    DangerToMyself is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Hey just passing by today I woke up running to the bathroon even tho I relapse on my second day, last night I used 15mg of oxy today I feel bad but I talk to my mother and she wants me to do C/T again and not the tapper of the oxys, I really want to do it for her and for me even tho I already have aches in my knees and back and I feel little down today like tired, also only sleep like 3 hrs lastnight, I took some xanax and smoke weed this morningz I know I can quit this nightmare but damn its hard tho.
    have a great day family hope to hear from you guys cause I need the advice and support. Thanks you!

  16. #16
    OKC-26 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    130

    Default

    This is your journey, you make the choices that you think are best for you. All we can give you here is advice on what has worked for us and what we have seen work.

    First, relapse is often a part of recovery. It doesn’t HAVE to be, I’ve seen members on here quit 1 time and haven’t looked back since. Me personally I’ve relapsed 6+ times. At first it was quickly, id only make it a few days. Then the next I’d make it a week. Then a couple weeks. Then a month. The time before this I had over 6 months clean. Each time I failed I would learn something. Maybe a big lesson maybe a small one. The last one I learned that even after 6 months even using half a pill would send me back right where I was, 6+ months clean down the drain. I can’t do that again, I will not put myself through this again. It’s not worth it to me. Sorry for making this about me but I felt it applied to this situation.

    Like beef said, I would recommend that you throw the last pieces in the toilet. If you do what you explained it’s only going to drag this process out. You’ll have 2 days of withdrawl and then one day of feeling better. If you stick it out you will feel better much sooner. Your recovery, your decision. I’m just trying to give you advice. Whatever you decide to do we are all here for you!

  17. #17
    DangerToMyself is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    If I were you. And this is just my opinion. I'd flush what you have left and grit your teeth, stock up on the Thomas recipe and get through this. If you continue to take that tiny amount just to give you some relief when the w/d get bad you're not really doing yourself any favors. From my experience when I'd try to detox from oxy it didn't matter how much or little I had. I'd take some little piece and I'd be good for about 12 hours. Then I'd be back on the roller coaster. I found it was justifying my use further. It gave me just another excuse to use. I wasn't really committed to getting clean at that point. I'm not saying that's where you are and I'm not judging you in any way. But I'm an addict and when it came to tapering oxy I just couldn't do it. If I had them, they were gone.

    Like I said earlier, this is your decision. You could certainly try tapering, but I wouldn't just take a little crumb every 2 days, you'll basically be in w/d most of the time, and that wouldn't be fun. And like I said I would just rip the bandaid off and go c/t. You already know how this is gonna go. I don't believe your symptoms will be any worse than what you were going through yesterday, and in 5 days you'll be feeling better. Not great but better. You can do this. But you gotta want it more than anything. And cut off all the temptation for yourself.

    We are all in your corner cheering you on. Keep posting.

    Beef
    Thank you Beff for your words and youre right Beef I need to cout this thing of from scracht star C/T again and wait untik day 5 o 6 to see the dsiminution of the symptoms. im doing this for me and my family they already past a bad wth me and the benzos dont want to go that road again so C/T its is again I boght some lorepamide for the stomach, dramanie

  18. #18
    DangerToMyself is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Dramamine fir the nauseas and stuff, some tylenols pm, and two xanax pill and protein bars its says that each bars have 12g of protein ad okenty of water and bananas

  19. #19
    DangerToMyself is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OKC-26 View Post
    This is your journey, you make the choices that you think are best for you. All we can give you here is advice on what has worked for us and what we have seen work.

    First, relapse is often a part of recovery. It doesn’t HAVE to be, I’ve seen members on here quit 1 time and haven’t looked back since. Me personally I’ve relapsed 6+ times. At first it was quickly, id only make it a few days. Then the next I’d make it a week. Then a couple weeks. Then a month. The time before this I had over 6 months clean. Each time I failed I would learn something. Maybe a big lesson maybe a small one. The last one I learned that even after 6 months even using half a pill would send me back right where I was, 6+ months clean down the drain. I can’t do that again, I will not put myself through this again. It’s not worth it to me. Sorry for making this about me but I felt it applied to this situation.

    Like beef said, I would recommend that you throw the last pieces in the toilet. If you do what you explained it’s only going to drag this process out. You’ll have 2 days of withdrawl and then one day of feeling better. If you stick it out you will feel better much sooner. Your recovery, your decision. I’m just trying to give you advice. Whatever you decide to do we are all here for you!
    Thanks for your words and I get it bruh its seen like our story is kind similar but I’m gonna do the C/T I already did two days and I know how Its gonna be from here and reading yours threads are helping a lot on this C/T idea. I went to the store and even grab dramamine thats for the nauseas but its relax you and got myself a couple of xanax and naxooren for the pain also on one thread they metion the heatpads for the knees I’m gonnatry that out cause the pain its killing me
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

  20. #20
    DangerToMyself is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    16

    Default

    I already past day one of my last dose, I took two tylenols pm,1 dramamine, 0.5 of xanax and I long hit bath with some weed and right now I dont feel that bad I think I’m gonna make it also had dinner and my stomach y good so far. I can’t sleep but I’m used to because of my past with the klonopin. So I guess I’m gonna be playing ps4 for a while. Again sorry for my grammar I’m taking english classes. I just came recently from DR to live here good night all and thank you for the cheers. Hope one day to meet yall

  21. #21
    extremetm is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Be careful with the Xanax. It takes a heck of a lot longer to get through the side effects then opiates. Years in some cases depending on how long you use. The brain zaps alone are unforgiving.

    You really just have to put your brain on auto-pilot and make the decision to quit, make the decision to face head on whatever comes no matter what it is, else you'll be chasing the pills until you do. Once you make these decisions, in a relatively short period of time you will get better.

    Ask yourself this. What brought you here in the first place. The clock watching, the running out of pills before the next script, the lack of motivation, the opiate fog, the dread when you wake up, the dread when you go out and on and on. Is sticking to that way of life more appealing to you than a week or two of discomfort? You already know the answer.

    I couldn't do CT and went with a taper. 65 days clean today. If you're interested in a taper, here's a link to my journal.

    https://forum.drugs.com/prescription...nal-74706.html
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-14-2018 at 09:13 AM.

  22. #22
    DangerToMyself is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by extremetm View Post
    Be careful with the Xanax. It takes a heck of a lot longer to get through the side effects then opiates. Years in some cases depending on how long you use. The brain zaps alone are unforgiving.

    You really just have to put your brain on auto-pilot and make the decision to quit, make the decision to face head on whatever comes no matter what it is, else you'll be chasing the pills until you do. Once you make these decisions, in a relatively short period of time you will get better.

    Ask yourself this. What brought you here in the first place. The clock watching, the running out of pills before the next script, the lack of motivation, the opiate fog, the dread when you wake up, the dread when you go out and on and on. Is sticking to that way of life more appealing to you than a week or two of discomfort? You already know the answer.

    I couldn't do CT and went with a taper. 65 days clean today. If you're interested in a taper, here's a link to my journal.

    https://forum.drugs.com/prescription...nal-74706.html
    I know the trouble that its the xanax I had problems with klonopin they benzos they hard to quit it took me a year to quit it, now this I talk with my Dad and he's ok with the taper thing but my mother dont want me to taper she wants me to C/T right now I’m in my 1.5 day without using its hard but I been handly well, I want to taper but I’m gonna try the C/T cause I dont want to give this more time. Thanks for your words bruh and say hi to wife shes a queen for be there for you on those moments

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-12-2017, 05:40 PM
  2. 6 days with no sleep after oxys
    By lasttimequitting in forum Featured Conditions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-31-2013, 09:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22