• 1 Post By Tommyleecrane
100mg methadone cold turkey today
    Tommyleecrane is offline New Member

Default 100mg methadone cold turkey today

I have been on 100 mg methadone for about six months now.. I do not want another drop of it in 2018.. any help support would be greatly appreciated... I cannot do this anymore.. I was on mmt for six years at 160 mg.. quit that cold turkey... Back in July I started messing w old friends again and desided to start taking it again just to feel something... Then in September I had a car accident breaking my femur arm and ankle... Plates screws rods all that stuff... After the Dilaudid stopped I went back to clinic and now months later... Here I am... Dying to quit... Please help
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello Tommy welcome to the forum. You know what to expect from this awful garbage. You have to really want this for yourself. Have you gotten face to face support? Na,Aa, Counseling thearpy. Will give you the tools to getting and staying clean. What are your plans moving forward taper off or coldturkey? Give us alittle more information on what how much and what you plan to do moving forward. We are all here to support you. Again welcome to the forum.
    ***Stay Strong for Today***

I honestly plan on just not going back to clinic at all... I'm on 100mg basically for the last six months minus the time I was taking Dilaudid in the hospital... Before this six months It had been about five yrs since my six yrs on 160 mg... Do you think it is an unrealistic goal to think I can just stop today?

I remember quite well what it was like coming off of 160 mg... But that was for yrs... This time only six months... And at least three of those months I was below 50 mg... Should I expect the wd to be as long intense and drawn out as it was the last time

I've been up most of the night reading about your journey... Congratulations.. you must feel like a whole new person...
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Hey Tommy no it's possible I coldturkey off massive amounts of Methadone and Diludads. If I honestly had to go back to day one I would have tried to taper it would have been a lesser shock to my body. I had an awful Awful time through the withdrawal process. You can read my journey if you dare I whined and complained just pitiful. For me Tommy I couldn't taper I have zero self control so every bit of that tramuatic experience I will forever remember. It made me the person I am Today. I knew I was done with the garbage and I am Today done I don't have to use No Matter What. I'm 14 months clean it's the best thing I have ever done. Keep reading and posting here to support you my friend..

I am I feel amazing I was on that garbage for many many years. I never thought I'd be where I'm at Today. I will tell you I couldn't do this alone have you looked into getting face to face support Na Aa counseling thearpy? It has helped me get to where I'm at Today.

Do you think my withdrawal will b that drawn out after only a few months
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Hey Tommy everyone is different go into thinking positive. I don't think it will be as bad as if you were on the garbage for many years. You said you coldturkey before how did that go. Keep posting and reading you can do this.

Stay hydrated that's important you don't want to get dehydrated. Exercise Stay active. Have you read Roberts subtaper plan? Could be another option many here have had success with it.

Hello Tommy Checking in on you today to see how you are doing. Keep us updated.

I am here... Still nothing to bad... I am waiting for the wd to hit.. does anyone have a time frame..? Thanks in advance
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Yes Tommy Today your awesome...

Stay positive it might just not be so bad eh..

I don't know what exactly to expect... I guess I am just being a baby because last time was so extreme... Im not sure if I should expect the legth or the intensity after only six months... I literally have no support system... My family doesn't know I'm even going to be going through this..
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Welcome home Tommy I am here to support you my friend. Don't wait for the other shoe to drop it might not. Live in the here and now. You got this..