12 hours in but I have to make it.
    LastChance49 is offline New Member

Default 12 hours in but I have to make it.

So lets just say I have to make this happen. Keeping my family and life depend on it. I'm 13 hours in to dropping off 80-100mg Oxycodone IR a day. Woke up way late and had to do some damage control with work. Wife is on her way home from a trip and the kids are at school. My timing sucks. I've read a ton on here and others struggles so I figured I'd be understood here. I'm just tired of not having my life. I tried tapering, with no self control it doesn't work. I'm an addict so the idea is counter intuitive. Felt strong enough last night to ditch what I had left and jump. Woke up this morning, damn near afternoon, in a panic. Missed my alarm, never made it work, my phones were blowing up and panic set in. What the hell did I do! Now I'm here laying it all out to try and keep moving forward. I have the Thomas Recipe list of ingredients and plan on doing what I can with those. Just needed some place to vent where it is understood.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

You done good!!! In spite of missing your morning, you did the right thing. Think about it. If you had kept an emergency dose and you're honest with yourself, those babies would be in your gut, right? I know they would have been in mine.

Use the ingredients on the Thomas Recipe. Being forced to be up and around in the end will be really good for you. Fake it til you make it. Remember to have something in your hands at all times to drink but avoid caffeine until this is past. Congratulations on your Day 1. My prediction is that tonight your symptoms will begin to arrive in earnest but won't be worst until the wee small hours or morning and will stay consistent for another 2 or 3 days. Then you'll be mostly out of the woods with the acute terribles. Hunker down and just get through the next few days. Eat protein. Did I say drink and exercise? I did. So do that!

I'll check back in with you but have to run. Just wanted to welcome you and huge smack on the back for job well done!

Peace,

Cat

OH and keep reading and posting. Truly worked miracles for me.

Thisaddictchick83 is offline New Member

I agree! Keep posting! And congrats on taking your life back! I'm on day seven of a long time oxy habit. So trust when I say there are lots of people here who will pop in and know what your going thru! Keep checking in and letting us know how your doing! Keep fighting the good fight, one minute, one hour , one day at a time

Chels. ✌✌

LastChance49 is offline New Member

Thank you guys for stopping by, I've had a hard time posting, I feel a little more human today as far as my body goes. My mind is struggling big time, not for a want of oxy, but just depression and a feeling of being lost. I need to find a way to curl my lips in an upward motion of a smile even if its not real, I just need to feel it. Any advice for that and I'm all ears! Thanks.

Josh0213 is offline New Member

Sounds crazy but Music is a big help for me. I just throw on something I know that gets the adrenaline going and makes me move around. I wouldn't have made it this far without it.

Thisaddictchick83 is offline New Member

I know that feeling all to well.... that is your brain talking for sure. Saying I can't be happy without that serotonin you been providing.... soon that will pass.... it will take time... time is our only friend in withdrawal. I'm on day eight I believe and I tell you there is light! I been a hard user.... so that being said..... day eight you will be feeling better. But the brain battle us the longest. Exercise will help bring back those dopamine and serotonin too. I am praying for you, and rooting for you! You got this! Congrats on another day dwn. An keep fighting the good fight!

shawn156 is offline Member

Don't give up and Congrats on getting this far. Going cold turkey is best for most people. I've struggled with addiction for years and I fall off every now and then but remember how many withdrawals I've done over the years and how bad that some were.
    I found that bananas and Gatorade help speed up the process a little. I literary downed a lot of Gatorade in just a few days. Might give it a shot along with immodium. I have used the multi symptom one and found it helps with the stomach pain a bit.
    Good luck and I'll check back in later.