13 Days clean
    chickensupper is offline New Member

Default 13 Days clean

I've been taking varying amounts of Codeine off and on for around 8 years. Ive gone clean for extended periods before. The past year it has gradually increased to 90-120mg of codein 3-4 times a day (either as codeine phosphate pills, neurofen plus or solpadine Max).

I went cold turkey nearly 2 weeks ago. The first 8 days were terrible. Luckily I'd timed it right for when I didn't have much work on and when the babies would be with their mum on the weekend.

My restless legs and arms, headaches, bowel issues, aching joints and tiredness have all mostly subsided.

Now I just have major depression. My marriage broke down last year and it's as if I'm grieving over it all again. I can't stop bursting into tears. I have no one to talk to about it. I know I'll feel better eventually. Other than exsersize, is there anything else I can do to help? I can't go to the doc again as I don't want anything else depression related in my medical record.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chickensupper View Post
    I've been taking varying amounts of Codeine off and on for around 8 years. Ive gone clean for extended periods before. The past year it has gradually increased to 90-120mg of codein 3-4 times a day (either as codeine phosphate pills, neurofen plus or solpadine Max).

I went cold turkey nearly 2 weeks ago. The first 8 days were terrible. Luckily I'd timed it right for when I didn't have much work on and when the babies would be with their mum on the weekend.

My restless legs and arms, headaches, bowel issues, aching joints and tiredness have all mostly subsided.

Now I just have major depression. My marriage broke down last year and it's as if I'm grieving over it all again. I can't stop bursting into tears. I have no one to talk to about it. I know I'll feel better eventually. Other than exsersize, is there anything else I can do to help? I can't go to the doc again as I don't want anything else depression related in my medical record.
    chickensupper - congratulations on two weeks clean! Depression and/or anxiety is most certainly part of the detox process and can be pretty debilitating for some! It will get better, your brain needs time to heal so it can function normally again without the opiates! There is no time frame on when it will get better either, everyone is differnt. Here's a few things that will help - a good Multivitamin, Magnesium Citrate, B Complex, 5-HTP, Zinc, Vitamin D, Probiotics and Omega-3 fatty acids. Drink lots of water, exercise and eat as healthy as possible as well! Stay the course, your depression can and will get better! Keep us updated? Take care... God bless us all!

Smilingstorm is offline Senior Member

Hi! Congratulations on two weeks! So proud of you! I too felt an overhelming sense of grief for my marriage that ended a few years ago during early recovery. Which I am still in but have 2 months. Looking at them now is different than when we are on the pills. I don't have any answers except to say.. You will be grateful for each day you have been clean. It does get easier. Be gentle on yourself and keep fighting.
    Vitamins do help a lot. Keeping busy helps more than I want to admit! you will get through this. There's no magic fix as we learn the hard way. Time. Ugh. It does heal.

crazyfrog is offline Banned

Yep... i know that deep dark hole youre in. I went through it for the first 18 days. It was hell mentally. I couldnt imagine feeling happy ever again. Then after 3 weeks, i started getting small bouts of happiness. It took 2 months to feel good in the mind really. 90 days i was normal fully. Im over 1 yr clean no opiatea. I dont think about them at all, cravings are gone. But must importantly, im my old self again. Heres a tip, hit the gym. Build myscles, its anazing how great it feels.