Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes
150-200mg oxycodone c/t
    asp44 is offline Member

Well i think my thread is a dead zone tonight! I feel downright cruddy anyway wirh stomach issues back for some reason. I know im a whiner. Later

LaurieLaSalle is offline Member

Hey Asp, So sorry I have not been around, kind of went of the grid for bit. I see you are having some problems, I caught up on your thread a bit. You mentioned an old injury which in fact might be the problem with your legs however every person goes through things differently. Length of time on the meds and age could be factors for different people. I had restless legs for a month after my last fall, not as bad the last two weeks as the first two but painfull none the less. Shaking hands are common also detoxing so although you are getting checked for different things which is good just know there is a good chance that it is a part of your journey. Although you should be through the worst of it some have symptoms for longer than others, there is no exact time limit as to when these things stop but the good news is they do. Chances are if your hands were not shaking before you made the jump it is a symptom and not parkinsons. The body and brain go though a beating while taking pills and the adjustment period varies for each individual..
    You are doing awesome despite everything you are dealing with and seem to be keeping it together, try and stay positive knowing it will get better.
    As for talking to someone about your issues I absolutely agree with Cat. Addiction often stems from childhood issues that one tries to numb with medication, of course the demons are never far away so one must deal with them and get it all out at some point in order to heal. I have been keeping a journal for years and find it to be so beneficial as you are able to write out your thoughts and then look back and see where you were at and how far you have come. I found a phychologist who I was able to speak to and make heads or tails out of different issues. I tried te phychiatrist route however I found he wanted to pump me full of meds instead of getting to the bottom of my issues so if I may if you are going to talk to someone try an phychologist...In my opinion they are much more beneficial on peeling back the layers.
    I do hope things start turning around for you as the longer it goes on the more discouraged one can get, this is fact, I do admire your determination and positive outlook with all you are going through. I will be watching for updates now that I am back on line so please keep posting k..
    Sending positive vibes your way that you will wake feeling brand new very soon.
    Thoughts are with you

Laurie

asp44 is offline Member

Laurie, good to hear from you again! As far as the shaking hands, that actually has been an issue for about 6 years along with the plmd. Well see where it goes. I told the doc i want to give it another week before we start with the testing for various things. He had starting trazodone 50mg last night. Did not help wirh sleep(got about 4 hrs) but it did seem to help my mood & energy level today, so i wont complain. I think this whole detox process is kind of tougher on me due ro trying to take care of my mom at the same time. She had a couple strokes and has dementia. Added stress!! But its ok. We will see what tomorrow brings & go from there.
    LaurieLaSalle likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

Well that energy just evaporated into thin air about an hr ago. Feel like a ton of bricks stopped me in my tracks.

asp44 is offline Member

I think um about to say the hell with this rls. For the last 3 days now ive had an intense burning starting in both shoulders and stopping about the elbow. Beginning to wonder if that light at the end of the tunnel just went dark.

asp44 is offline Member

Everyone decide to quit chatting!? I guess i will check back in tomorrow. :-[

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by asp44 View Post
    Everyone decide to quit chatting!? I guess i will check back in tomorrow. :-[
    Sorry that you're not getting much activity here. The weekends tend to be a bit slow. I've also noticed that there seems to be fewer new folks here and they tend to create more chatter. It'll get busier. It always does. Sort of ebbs and wanes.

How are you doing? I see that you're still having ups and downs and that's not surprising, unfortunately. When do you follow up with the doctor? Remind me. What did they decide to do in terms of trying to get to the bottom of what may or not be going on that is not related to recently getting clean? It sounds to me that something needs to be addressed because you should be seeing some marked physical improvement by now. NOT perfect! Not being able to get as much sleep as you want/need turns all kinds of things upside-down. It affects us both mentally and physically and I found that for a bit even when I was getting 4 or 5 hours of sleep at night, it felt different. I can't explain it. Just different. Besides that, I had used for so long that I had no idea how many hours of sleep I needed. Turns out that around 6 hours is enough to feel well rested but in the beginning I felt like I needed much more.

Hope you have a better weekend than what you've had lately.

Peace,

Cat

asp44 is offline Member

Hello cat. The doc seems to think there could be some underlying issues that were masked because of the pain meds. He thinks Parkinson's could be one issue, or it could be just nerve damage causing the leg muscle pain and rigidity. Gotta go back next wednesday. There is also the possibility of the tumor on my adrenal gland has grown & started to act up. Who the hell knows.

asp44 is offline Member

Ok, so my last few posts have been all doom & gloom. No more. I think "hope" Im turning the corner today! I got a full 7 or so hours of sleep & finally feel like i have some energy. BIG PLUS!! I really dont think there are any issues other than just wds lasting a little longer than i expected. Hopefully the good days will now start outnumbering the bad. Going to get my mom out of the house for a while and myself, need the sun & fresh air.

grandma -bk is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by asp44 View Post
    ok so tomorrow will be day 10. Haven't been able to say that for 15+ years. The rls is still my biggest hurdle. Night time is the worst the days are getting a little better. Hopefully the nights will follow suit.
    ...i too had been over 15 yr user......i just finished my 8th month clean...the first 2 weeks were the usuall h e ll....then it was fine til the 2nd month...it started back up...my core muscles would be fine all morning then hurt like heck all afternoon..then be fine til nxt day...the ups and downs are the worse...i got a dry tickle cough on day 4...still to this day is present as now just a need to clear my throat...had diarrehea for 1st month..anxiety from h.e.l.l. From 2nd to 5 th month....on the good side i lost 35 lbs....lol...decided to stop soda and white breads,,,eat healthier..and also walk half hr day....starting my 9th month and finally feeling great , instead of great in mornings only now the great is all day long with a few hrs a week feeling lousy...i still would never go back to using....the freedom from the pills is pricless..and i actually feel more energy now than when using...but after over 15 yrs using i knew it wasnt gonna be a fast fix...good luck to you...im a 57 yr old grandma and if i can do it so can you...you just gotta want it bad enough...

asp44 is offline Member

Hey grandma great job being 8 months clean. I will get there as i have no desire to use any more. You r right when u say u have to really want this. Definitely not easy.

nicol1971 is offline New Member

Hi, I to have been using for about 15 yrs and I'm working on stopping also it's been very hard cuz I also have alot of physical pain, I have audio lost a sub a brother a sister and several other family members and best friend all in the last 6years witch is when I started using way mite then I should have, in so proud how u have stopped even with all of ur pain issues good luck and keep going

asp44 is offline Member

Hi nicol, im so sorry to hear about all of your losses. That in itself would be extremely difficult. In order to overcome all of that you definitely have what it takes to stop. What are you taking currently, and how much? I just got hit with some more "good" news. I had a message on the answering machine from doc that said he now wants to test me for lupus. Wonderful! I do have siblings with it so we will see what happens. Oh and when do u plan on stopping? Update me.

Hello, I'm sorry to hear ur new news, I think when we are using that we don't notice alot of our health issues mainly becuz we only go to our Dr to get our next reill then when we stop then it's like BLAM, I was up to taking 30 to 35 , 10's, Norco a day, but I slowly cut down to 15 to 20, now for the last two weeks I'm down to 2 to 3 a day and some days none, I wouldn't be taking any st this point I would be totally done but I've been having some mouth surgery and the last one will be this coming Tuesday, and fromn there I will go could turkey, I will say that I've been taking the loperamide to help me and it truly does, and no I don't take a whole bottle like some people do I just take a few, but I'm so ready to be done with they have do ruined my life and noone knows I'm having to do this my own. Didn't I read in one of ur post that u are in Mo. I use to live there and I miss it so much

asp44 is offline Member

Cutting back as much as you have will be a big help. The first week sucked for me! Constant rls and zero sleep. I did get some carb-levo from my va doc for rls and on day 9 actually slept for 8 hrs. Where did you live in M.O.& when did u move? I enjoy the hunting, fishing, and caving so of course i am in the right place.

asp44 is offline Member

Keep in touch nicol. Do u have any kind of support system? A lot of people find it helpful. I got thru my worst days (5-7) by doing a lot of reading and posting ob here. Im on here often if u need some encouraging words or just feel like talking.

I lived in West plains, down south, I haven't lived there since the early 90's, but go back alot to vist and go camping, and ur rite that is the best place for that, I hope to move back within a year or two and no I have no support at all cuz no one knows so I have do it alone but that's OK, in pretty much alone these days anyways, you have done such a wonderful job and thank u for such kind words

asp44 is offline Member

Im sorry you have to go thru this alone, i will be here for you whenever u need me. I was just in west plains in may. I live here in Salem. Not to far away! Lived here fot 37 of my 43 years. I know im old.

That's cool, yes I know rite where that is and ur not old, I have a few more years on u, and I won't be going through it alone I will have u and the rest of the crowd here, i guess I will need to start my own thread though don't I, I sought use urs this is for u, in case I don't get back on tonight I sure hope u have a great nite and hope to talk to u tom, tom morning will be the start of my 3rd day, ugg

asp44 is offline Member

By starting your own thread you will get a lot more advice & support from other members. If not feel free to post here whenever you want. I will check on you tomorrow. Wishing you nothing but the best. Good nite.

Tiredandanxious15 is offline Junior Member

Hello Asp!
    Way to make it this far! Especially with all the added issues you've been dealing with. I'm now five weeks clean from opiates, however, 10/375 norcos were my DOC. I see you're having some ups and downs but overall you seem to be in a decent place. Keep it up and whenever you feel the urge to give up just look how far you've already come. You'd be doing yourself a huge disservice to go back at this point. Just wanted to throw some encouragement your way at this point because you've earned it. If you have any questions let me know but it seems like people have already answered most of what I can.

You may be walking slowly, but never walk backwards.

Lots of love

grandma -bk is offline Member

Dont let the aches and pains your gonna feel trick you into thinking you need the pills...you are gonna feel alot of aches and pains that will come and go...especially in the joints and muscles...my muscles would tighten up so bad for hours then when i would relax it would go away...its all part of anxiety thats terriable after you quit...but it does go away..IVE USED FOR 15+ YRS.....when we use opiods they relax all muscles so when we dont have em its gonna do the oppisite....but i promise given time it will go away....keep moving as much as possiable...take breaks when you feel sore.take advil or tylenol....good luck...you can do this ...
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-12-2017 at 08:07 AM.

asp44 is offline Member

Hello tired & anxious. Wednesday will be 3 weeks since taking any narcotics. Its been rough to say the least. I wonder if all those years of meds were masking an issue not previously known. I hope not, but i cannot get ant relief from this damn muscle pain in the legs. NON-STOP. They did a chest x-ray & cbc today at the va. Checking for pneumonia. But they are thinking its an auto-immune disease like ms, or lupus. Have to wait abd see i guess.

asp44 is offline Member

Hey grandma, hope you r well! I try to relax but unfortunately the muscle pain doesn't let up. I dont have anxiety or think about taking any narcotics for it though. My mom went to her doc the day after i quit my meds and what did she come home with?! Yeah OXYCODONE!!!!! The same one i took for 15 years. But thankfully i have not had any urges to take them. It would only screw the last 19 days up. Im gonna let this run its course, do these damn tests, and go from there.

Hey, I hope ur test results come back that ur fine, and so proud of u that ur mom had a script and u wasn't even tempted, that is such a great accomplishment, there are so many of us that couldn't do that, way to go and congrats on 19 days that is so wonderful

asp44 is offline Member

Well hello nicol! I hope u r doing well. I just wanted to clarify something, yesterday u said u were going c/t on Tuesday? But then u posted that today is day 3? I just don't want anything to do with pain pills. They have taken enough time from me as it is. Keep in touch

Yes that is rite in on day three, I do go to have surgery tom and not sure what they will give me while I'm there as long as it's not what I've been taking then I'll keep going on adding my days lol, and doing OK, today has been alittle rough but I'm hanging in there thank u for asking

asp44 is offline Member

You r certainly doing better than i was on day 3. Surgery sucks! I hope it goes well & doesn't leave u in a lot of pain. I know u will get thru it, you seem to have a fighting spirit! Wishing u a speedy recovery.

asp44 is offline Member

I think im gonna go do some night fishing tonight. It will do me some good. Nicol come on up and i will take u with me. We can forget about our problems for a few hours and just enjoy the night air!

Oh wow now that sounds so wonderful, I so love to night fish, have u ever gone camping at Hammond's Mill, that's one of my favorite places not great for fishing tho haha, yes îam in good spirits cuz I know I'm finally done with this life of pills, no more for me, and u bet the next time I make it there then we are on for fishing, hope u catch some good ones tonight I'll try to hollar at u Tom but depends how surgery goes, have a good one and again thank u for being here for me

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast