Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes
150-200mg oxycodone c/t
    asp44 is offline Member

Never been camping there but i have heard of it. I normally go down to Montauk if i go camping. I do believe sleep is going to be a bear tonight. On a positive note i did catch a few bass and bluegill. Too many mosquitoes though. Might try a little trout fishing in the morning. Damn legs r still being stupid!! Take care nicol & i am keeping u in my thoughts.

asp44 is offline Member

Well day 20 seems too be considerably better than the yesterday so far. Hopefully the rest of the day and into the night stay the same.

asp44 is offline Member

Well I guess i should adhere to a better sleep schedule. I went to bed a few hours earlier than normal and while i still got 4-5 hours of sleep i have been up since 3 am. So i will definitely stick to my regular bedtime from now on. Three weeks on the mend has felt like 3 months. Some days i feel like throwing in the towel but i think back to the first week of withdrawal & how horrible i felt. I will never go thru that again. Have to tell myself every day to stay on track and to give myself time to heal from all the years of prescription med abuse. I have found that laying around only adds time to the process of healing. If i keep occupied whether it be cutting the grass, walking, or even going for a drive then it helps me tremendously. Sometimes it feels as though even getting out of bed us a monumental task in itself. But it is SLOWLY getting better. So i accept that and embrace each new day and the challenges that come with it.
    LaurieLaSalle likes this.

grandma -bk is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by asp44 View Post
    well i guess i should adhere to a better sleep schedule. I went to bed a few hours earlier than normal and while i still got 4-5 hours of sleep i have been up since 3 am. So i will definitely stick to my regular bedtime from now on. Three weeks on the mend has felt like 3 months. Some days i feel like throwing in the towel but i think back to the first week of withdrawal & how horrible i felt. I will never go thru that again. Have to tell myself every day to stay on track and to give myself time to heal from all the years of prescription med abuse. I have found that laying around only adds time to the process of healing. If i keep occupied whether it be cutting the grass, walking, or even going for a drive then it helps me tremendously. Sometimes it feels as though even getting out of bed us a monumental task in itself. But it is slowly getting better. So i accept that and embrace each new day and the challenges that come with it.
    ...yes ...i noticed that after 15+ yrs of using the mending is on a monthly slow pace...i was always looking for a daily feeling better but after 8 months clean looking back it was more like a 10% monthly pace...any oneout there thinking of quitting just remember the longer you use the longer the withdrawls will be...get out now...dont wait 15 yrs like i did.....I CAN ALSO ADD THAT P.A.W.S. IS REAL AND NOT ALL BUT MANY LONG TERM USERS WILL GET THIS...EDUCATE YOUR SELFS...GOOGLE opiod paws...
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-14-2017 at 07:25 AM.

asp44 is offline Member

I just got back from the va clinic so hopefully in a day or two i will get the results of all the blood work. Sometimes i swear they are trying to drain the last drop if blood i have. Cat, i hope u r feeling better & on the mend. Grandma i believe u r correct but i hope its going to be more than a %10 improvement each month!!

LaurieLaSalle is offline Member

Hey Nicol, Yes please start your own thread so we can follow your journey. Nobody should have to go through this alone but sadly that is the case for so many...One fabulous thing about this forum is you are never alone, there are so many of us that have been where you are and are all willing and able to talk and try and help you through any issues you may be going through. Some of the folks on here have been here for a very long time, myself it has only been four months this time but I hooked up on here back in 2013. Although I only read threads at that time this time around I can honestly say that it was because of these folks I am 100% sure that I would not have made it without their support. I like yourself have lost so many, we were a family of five children, now sadly there are two of us left, I being the eldest in the family and the youngest sibling. The three in the middle all died very young, kid brother was 33, then my other kid brother was 42 both accidents and then my only sister six years ago who was just 46 and it I who had to make the decision to take her off of life support so I completely understand what you are feeling...So once again please start a tread, I would love to chat with you k....
    Wishing you all the Best
    You are never alone here
    Thoughts are with you

Laurie
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

LaurieLaSalle is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by asp44 View Post
    Laurie, good to hear from you again! As far as the shaking hands, that actually has been an issue for about 6 years along with the plmd. Well see where it goes. I told the doc i want to give it another week before we start with the testing for various things. He had starting trazodone 50mg last night. Did not help wirh sleep(got about 4 hrs) but it did seem to help my mood & energy level today, so i wont complain. I think this whole detox process is kind of tougher on me due ro trying to take care of my mom at the same time. She had a couple strokes and has dementia. Added stress!! But its ok. We will see what tomorrow brings & go from there.
    Hey Asp,
    I just caught up on your thread again, sorry for the late reply. I have been very busy as my kid brother is going through some medical issues and I am all he has and I am preparing to go in for eye surgery tomorrow so it has been a busy week for me. I see from your posts that it looks like you are turning a corner in a positive direction. Like going night fishing, did you even think that would have been a possibility three weeks ago, or even two? I already know the answer lol so yes things seem to be getting better for you and I am so pleased to hear this.
    You got all the blood work done so now it is a waiting game but please stay positive as you wait, I am hoping for nothing but good news for you. Keep doing what you are doing as things seem so much more positive tan they did just a week ago. Amazing how things can change in such a short time when going through getting off of meds isnt it....

Be well my friend
    Fingers crossed that all will be well
    Thoughts are with you

Laurie

asp44 is offline Member

Laurie i hope everything goes well with your eye surgery & your kid brother. The fishing was nice, except for all the damn mosquitoes. Got the grass cut & washed both cars. Two weeks ago that would of been a major challenge! I feel pretty good about the tests coming back ok. My main issue is still the muscle pain especially in the thighs. I believe it is being caused from the last lumbar fusion. I am going to get most of the results tomorrow. They did tell me i had rheumatoid arthritis. Only 43 well 44 in two weeks, so that sucks!! Hopefully the other tests come back normal. Thank u very much for your kind words Laurie. And again i wish u nothing but the best. Your friend asp

asp44 is offline Member

Ok this is aggravating the hell out of me. Has anyone else still had this amount of pain in legs after 3+ weeks?! It is a non-stop deep ache. And definitely not improving any. This sucks. The labs came back normal. Im guessing im gonna have to see if my l-5/s-I fracture has gotten worse.

asp44 is offline Member

Going to be my last post for a while. Need to figure some things out. Later

grandma -bk is offline Member

I know at 5 months I still had daily muscle back pains....of course this is my situation of a 15 plus yr using...hot showers gave the only relief, albeit short...just now at 9th month and muscle pain is gone...I still get back spasms if I over do it tho...this is a slow healing process...we didn't get in this spot over a couple weeks...it took us yrs to get in this mess...so its gonna take awhile to heal...but hang in there,,,,it will get better, very slowly..

asp44 is offline Member

Well so much for 28 days of keeping the pain meds at bay!! UGHhhhh!!!!! On june 25th I got tired of the leg pain and went back to doc. Of course he prescribed perc 10s/120 of em. So now its september 29th. So 3 months of the same ole same ole. For some reason though the last time i went thru this the symptoms started after 4-5 hrs of not dosing. My last one was at 4:30 am this morning. I waa absolutely manic with rls and restless last time in may like i said after 4-5 hrs. So whats the difference this time????? I can feel the rls amping up and know sleep will be non-existent. Maybe just maybe since i quit for a month ago and only been going for 3 months this time it might be a little more bearable. We shall see i suppose. Oh Im such a incredible FOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!

asp44 is offline Member

PS. Yes i had a funeral for the remaining pills. I swear i heard taps playing.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

Forgot to mention on monday i took 30 mg of hydro, tuesday 22.5, wednesday 15, yesterday 15 mg. Should i expect the same hellish 30 days as in may?

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Hi Asp,

No way of knowing how severe your symptoms will be but my experience is that you are looking at the same timeline in terms of the acute symptoms lasting for around five days. After that, my guess is that you'll be facing cravings, trouble sleeping, and lethargy. Things should be a lot better in a couple of weeks but frankly, it all starts with getting through today. We all want to know what to expect and how long it will last. I think that's the natural thought process but we'd all be better served to make up our minds that we're just going to deal with things as they come and have faith that it'll get better. It always gets better. Always.

Keep posting, glad you have that funeral so now stay away from all the opiates. All of them. When you're tempted to take one just to get a bit of relief, remember how temporary that will be and will be of absolutely no real help at all but instead will just delay the process.

Peace,

Cat

asp44 is offline Member

Well the rls reared its ugly head last night and like before it really sucks. Unfortunately the 5-7 days of rls a lot of people experience just doesn't fit in my own timeline. My last time going thru this it was an entire month. Which is why i gave in. I hate the waiting game!!!!!

asp44 is offline Member

Its been about 35-40 hours since last dose and I honestly feel pretty damn good. The rls is here but I have energy "what the hell is that?! I only got that from ny opiates or so i thought. The last time back in may, I closed myself away from everyone in my sanctuary better known as my bedroom. Today I have been cutting grass, walking, and went to town a few times. Ginna join the gym again tomorrow & i am eating way healthier now than my last attempt. I am taking a broad spectrum vitamin/mineral and using a isolate protein shake with these essential amino acids histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalinine, threonine, tryptophan, valine and other non essential amino acids. So far its been a far better start than before.

asp44 is offline Member

Well apparently that was a premature last post. I cant believe I am in the same damn boat as i was a few months ago. Im so pathetic and weak!!!!! As i reread my posts i now realize how far i came to bad i didnt see it then.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

Come on people talk too me!? Take my mind off this

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hey asp, what's going on? Same boat? Just take it one minute at a time five minutes at a time half hour at a time make til midnight... keep yourself busy don't watch the clock. Keep reading and posting.. Stay Strong for Today..

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Good Morning Asp,

Sorry things are kicking up in full force. Where are you at? Around Day 3? Hang tough and in another couple of days things will turn around. At least cold turkey detox is predictable. Aside from tearing off the bandaid, that's about the only thing that is good about cold turkey. Drink lots and eat healthy. Do your best to keep moving because the more active you are, the quicker you'll get through this.

Hang on tight and get through the next couple of days. Stick close to this Forum and reread your thread regularly so that it will continue to remind you that things do get better and that you don't ever want to go through this again. Remind me please. Did you or are you going to try and find a meeting? I know we harp on that a lot around here and it's for a very good reason. They work! There is no sense in white knuckling this when there's help by just walking through the doors. We all want to believe that we can do this by ourselves but we don't have to.

Peace,

Cat

asp44 is offline Member

The same as last time the rls at night is kicking my butt. But other than that i feel fine. Energy is good mental good as well. Dont need any meds throughout the day. I can take 5mgs of percocet a night and sleep for 6-7 hrs and feel fine all the way up til bedtime the next night. So I have tried requip, mirapex, carb-levo etc for rls to no avail. Hell my back pain is practically zero. So what the hell can i do for the leg pain & rls at night?? For the last 2 nights 5 mgs worked fine and i have not wanted to dose during the day. So anyone have suggestions?

asp44 is offline Member

Lvgnmare,
    I say same boat because on May 22 of this year i stopped a 150-200mg daily habit of percs. But on june 22 after a month of going to bed only to constantly have to move my legs not to mention the pain i went back to the doc and he put me back on the perc10s.

I guess I'm alittle confused,,are you taking them now?

asp44 is offline Member

I was up until 10 days ago. Got some 7.5 vikes and been taking one at night to get rid of the damn rls and accompanying leg pain. Fine for a full day til bedtime then rls bites me in the azz. Had it before any opiate usage now its 10x worse. Had quit for a full month from may 25 or so to June 24 but rls did not ease up much for the most part so i said the hell with not sleeping and went back to the doc. My va doc seems to think i will need a low dose of them just for rls at night. I dont know if i should just grin and bear it or keep getting my meds?! Losing battle either way. Hope u r doing well lvgnghtmare.

asp44 is offline Member

PS of course the big question is can i trust myself to just take them at night.

asp44 is offline Member

I read your thread lvgnhtmare. Wow what an uplifting & incredibly hard journey!! You are definitely a SUPERHERO!!!!!. Thats willpower & determination at its finest. Congratulations. Super proud of you.

Thanks Asp, yes this was the hardest thing I will ever have to do. I can truly tell you until you quit all opiates for awhile you will not know your True pain.. I'm guessing if we had self control we would not be here on the forum eh? For some reason the rls bypassed me..but I know from others that's a great trigger for relapse..stay the course and in time hopefully it will pass. I'm here to support you on whatever path you choose..be well.. Stay Strong for Today..
    GoodDaysAhead likes this.

GoodDaysAhead is offline Member

Hey asp, how are you doing? In regards to rls, I had that throughout the night that lasted for a couple months, but mind you I was coming off Methadone. Ugh, terrible time. I know rls all too well. Anyway, it did subside and for a while now I only get it when the sun comes up. I know there is still some healing that Is taking place, so I'm just waiting for this final symptom to pass. Again, it's only early morning that I get it and I can sleep okay during the night without any rls issues so it's not too bad and is bearable. You know, I try to make friends with it and accept it as apart of the healing process, but I think to myself, you sob...you're no friend of mine! lol no, I found getting mad at it doesn't help either. If you can just bare with it, then it shouldn't last too long considering you're coming off opioids with a short half life. The worst of it does pass though. It's worth it to break free from these chains.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

Im so tired of the bs associated with any damn opiate. Truth be told i dont sleep worth a damn if im on an opiate or not on one. WHY THE HELL DID I GIVE IN AFTER A MONTH
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast