Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes
150-200mg oxycodone c/t
    asp44 is offline Member

I have not taken my doc for 10 days. However I have been taking 15 mgs of hydro only at night for rls & insomnia. Hoping it will soften the wd. I was so headstrong this last go around this time im second guessing everything. Im overthinking this way too much. Just need to do it.

asp44 is offline Member

Well coming up on day 2 in a couple hours. Again!!!!! I wonder why i can go all day and be fine until bedtime?? Then I'm constantly stretching my legs and moving around.

asp44 is offline Member

Geeez this is like a recurring nightmare with this garbage. Officially day 2. The next week will be fire and brimstone. Im so pissed off at myself for getting here again. Went for a drive on some county road and ill be damned if i didnt nod off and go right in the ditch. Im so much at ease going thru wd if i can just drive. Dont know why but i put on some classic aerosmith or bon jovi, queen, wasp u know big hair bands. Aaahhhh good times!! Also oldies are so soothing. The beatles, mama ; the papas, cream, steppenwolf, & the late great Tom Petty.
    Yeah im rambling but right now i feel like its kinda therapeutic. Any distraction is good going thru this junk.
    Cat I hope all is well. Laurie, lvgnghtmr, randy, spacie, grandma, & all of those who have been supportive thank you. Big boy pants are back on.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

Being so restless yet so tired is such a strange thing. I had a bottle of timazepam from the va doc but i dont wanna take even though it might help somewhat. So its gone now too. I need to feel all of this and let it sink in real good. Maybe i won't have to travel down this path again.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

Well i said the hell with it and went for another drive. But only on my gravel road, that way if i did zonk out again i wouldnt hurt anyone else. Driving at night especially in the rain is so peaceful!! Then a bon jovi song came on Saturday Night. I thought it kinda summed me up with my sitiation (i know its misspelled) with this verse " Im feeling like a Monday, but someday i'll be saturday night". Im so damn energetic at night when stopping the meds. And during the day i am like a slug! Good song by the monkees on now yellow submarine.
    Well its midnight here in M.O. and sleep is not in the forecast for at least the next 96 hours. Followed by brief naps in the wee hours for the next month.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

CORRECTION the monkees song was im not your stepping stone. Ok i feel better now

asp44 is offline Member

Im off for another drive. Gonna go down to the creek and just relax listening too my good ole audio bible. By the way where the hell r all the night owls?! Oh yeah sleeping cause they were smart enough not to relapse! !
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

Well well imagine that I cant sit still. Time to drive. Creek was relaxing though.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

I figured its been an hour or two so a post must be due. The rain has stopped so every bug in a 10 mile square area is flying into me. Come on morning time arrive already.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

Fell asleep somehow at about 4am til about 6:30. How i even got 2 hours is beyond me, hell it took a week last go around for that to happen. Well my "buddy" called today and just had to inform me that his perc script is due tomorrow. Asked if i wanted any. Tempting to say the least because as we all know if we take just one pill that the wds will stop. But then what yep you are thrown head first back into the misery. So i declined. Definitely not easy. This person is going to be in a world of hurt down the line as he is on 180 percs 7.5 and 15 of the 25mcg fentantl patches every month. WHOA!!!

GoodDaysAhead is offline Member

Good for you on saying no to the percs. As for the rls...have you tired Epsom salts bath? I found in the early stages that taking a hot bath with two cups of Epsom salts, which contains magnesium would give enough relief to get an extra hour here and there before having to do it again. Soaking magnesium into your muscles before bed will relax them. Also you should watch what your over the counter medications. Things like Antihistamines and anti-nausea medications can sometimes make rls worse. Also, walking, doing the treadmill or going for a light jog right before bed can help. Hope you get some relief soon.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

Yeah i soaked with epsom salts last night. The rls is why im here again. Tired, restless, rls, & insomnia are going to hang around for awhile
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

Im curious and would like some feedback on several peoples symptoms when it comes to rls. Do your legs just twitch, very sore muscles, have to constantly move them etc. Ok people start chiming in!!

asp44 is offline Member

I will check back later. Almost that wonderful time of the night where i get in my car and drive for about 8-10 hours.

GoodDaysAhead is offline Member

Well, when it was bad in the beginning of withdrawal, it felt like I wanted to take a hammer to them. Throbbing in thighs w/the constant need to move them. Now it's just I wake up with a very light feeling of needing to move and rub one foot with the other, but it's enough where I know I'm up and won't be able to get back to sleep. Plus, I'm just wide awake come sunrise and doesn't matter if I really do plan to sleep in with the gf that morning...CNS is simply wired and I'm fine once I step out of the bedroom. Maybe once you're done with withdrawal, you could try Requip (ropinirole)? I tried this when I was still in early withdrawal and it only made it worse and I think that's because it is used for people who actually have rls...not rls from withdrawal. Hope the rls is a bit better tonight man.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

I have had rls for as long as i can remember. Yes the thigh pain sucks as well as having to move them constantly. Tried ropinirole, mirapex, carb-levo, gabapebtin, etc. Nothing worked

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Hi Asp,

Sorry I've been away but I'm back. RLS was my most dreaded symptom too. The aches and the lack of sleep was no picnic but the RLS! OMG Drove me nuts! I found that if I put heating pads set on low on or around my legs it did give me some relief. Not perfect by any means but a little relief was better than none. This will pass. Day 5 was always my magic number when the RLS would subside for the most part. I'd get a twinge like it was going to start up again but would pass quickly. I hope this is true for you too. Try the heating pads.

Music is incredibly therapeutic and I'm digging your choices. Add some Janis Joplin to that mix just because she makes for a perfect addict playlist. Keep posting. That too was one of the only things that would help to pass the time. I did the same thing as you're doing. I'd be on this Forum all night long sometimes. Whatever it takes to get through this week.

Peace,

Cat
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

Ive tried the heating pads. But they didnt make a difference.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-06-2017 at 02:34 AM.

asp44 is offline Member

Four hours sleep on night 3 is really surprising me, and its doing wonders for my resolve to push thru.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

I know i have whined a lot going thru this wd, but wow this one has been a piece of cake compared to what i went thru previously. Still extremely unpleasant but better.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Good Morning,

That's good news. 4 hrs of sleep at this point is pretty incredible!! Good. Good. Good. I've tried to post on this thread three times this morning and they have been denied. The mysteries of the Forum! UGH. I just copied the last post that wouldn't go up and I'm going to try one more time. If it doesn't work, then I'll move on and come back later to see if I have better luck.

I'll be back!!

Peace,

Cat
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

Good ole day 4 will be starting at about 8. Overall feel pretty good. Been staying out of my bedroom until i feel like i might catch an hour or two of sleep. I basically lived in their last time. Not good for the mental state of mind. Gave me way too much time to think. I had a million "justified" reasons after being clean for a month to start using again. So feeling sorry for myself thats exactly what i did. And with a vengance, for about 3 months. Sometimes up to around 300mgs of oxy a day. So it was time again to bite the bullet, do my week of soul searching, and end my love-hate affair with oxy.
    On a brighter note its nice driving weather.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

Hey cat i was going thru my cds. You might recognize this one. Live at Winterland 68. Its going with me tonight.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-06-2017 at 06:09 PM.
    Catrina likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by asp44 View Post
    Hey cat i was going thru my cds. You might recognize this one. Live at Winterland 68. Its going with me tonight.
    Oh the best! I had that CD in my car for months! Another is the Best of Janis Joplin. I can never get enough of those. Fleetwood Mac another must. Guess I'm showing my age but that's OK. I wanted to go the Woodstock so badly but I was 15 and go figure--my parents said no. So unreasonable! lol
    asp44 likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

I cant believe that at the ripe old age of 15 they wouldn't let u go to Woodstock! What the hell were they thinking??
    Catrina likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

This damn rls is downright being ugly tonight. Drive a bit then soak a bit. But i bet i am the cleanest driver on the road tonight
    Catrina likes this.

I cant believe that at the ripe old age of 15 they wouldn't let u go to Woodstock! What the hell were they thinking??
    Right? Very mean parents. They should have given me lots of money to be sure I had a good time (and a way home). Unreasonable as h*ll. No wonder I have issues.
    asp44 likes this.

Day 4. Right? I'm just betting that tomorrow you're going to turn a corner. Magic Day 5! That RLS is about to jump out of your car while you're riding with the windows down and blasting some good classic rock. I'm not sure if it'll be be music or the Magic Day 5 that will have that RLS bailing but either way, good riddance. I'm going to be thinking about you tonight and sending up wishes that tomorrow leaves you with the ability to just be still. What a blessing that will be. The trouble sleeping isn't nearly so bad if you can lay down and just relax without the kicking. This, by the way if you don't already know is where the saying "kicking the habit" came from. The RLS and inevitable kicking. Is that really true? No idea but if not, I deem to to be so and so it shall be.

You are being very brave and getting this done. I know from my vast experience (how proud am I?) that these first days of acute symptoms can be horrific and it's miraculous in itself that we bull our way through it but once we make up our minds, then anything is possible and you and I are living proof of that.

I'm not sure if you know much of my story but it was a long winding road that didn't seem to have an off ramp. I somehow found a place and built one for myself. "My man" showed up on my doorstep after not having heard from me in a few days to check on me to be sure I was OK. What a joke! I truly looked like death warmed over with my hair standing on end and wearing my most unbecoming sweat clothes and answered the door. I told him that I wasn't feeling well but that I was all set and sent him packing. Then I went back to bed and cried. I knew that night that I was finally going to make it come hell or high water. I live in a very small rural town and I still run into him occasionally and I'm always friendly and take a few minutes to chat about nothing at all. He's really a good man but very troubled and I worry about him. I so wish that he could pull things together for himself but I don't see it happening unfortunately.

I've come a long way, Baby and today it's hard to imagine where I was almost eight years ago. It's incredible to me just how low I was and to think about the things I did to keep my love affair alive and well with my pill bottle. It's just so hard to imagine. You, my friend are at the very beginning of your journey but you have the exciting option of a complete re-do. Get this behind you and you will be stronger than you've ever been before. You will be a better person for all it. What we've been through makes us better people. It was not for naught. We become less judgmental, more compassionate, and far more grateful for all of life's small blessings. We all become who we are today because and in spite of the choices we have made. Both the bad and the good. It brings us to today and I never thought I'd ever be able to say it, but I like me! It terrified me early in recovery because I was so lost. I didn't even know who I was or certainly who I would be clean and sober. Would I like me? Would I heal emotionally? Could I adjust to being sober every single day? Exactly how would I manage that? How would I get through the tough stuff without a little help from my friend? I managed every single bit of that in grand style and I'm going to be OK. YOU are going to be OK.

Here's sending up a big fat wish that Day 5 is a magic number for you too.

Peace,

Cat

Off to bed for me. Well I'm already there and where I've been for most of the day. Hate it! Now it's time to turn off the light and hopefully turn off my head. Hoping you find a few hours sleep tonight.
    ErynneGoBraugh likes this.

This damn rls is downright being ugly tonight. Drive a bit then soak a bit. But i bet i am the cleanest driver on the road tonight
    Cleanest driver? From all the hot baths or because those nasty opiates are no longer in residence? Either way, I bet you will be the cleanest driver on the road tonight!

Peace,

Cat
    asp44 likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

Wow, thank you for your encouraging words. You truly are a special person who deserves all the good things in life. You have helped countless people with your knowledge & uplifting words. We all need a CAT in our life to keep us going down the straight & narrow! Even in your time of suffering thru a surgery recently you still have an amazing compassion to reach out and express the sincerest interest in keeping us motivated to get to where we need too be. You really are one in a million.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast