Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes
150-200mg oxycodone c/t
    asp44 is offline Member

Well unfortunately it looks the rls is gonna win out tonight so i will grab my journey cd and head to the creek. Yeah i know nothing special to most people but i love being on or near the water. Just relaxing and peaceful. You cant beat small town rural living.

asp44 is offline Member

That was the kind of night that really tests a person. Not a second went by where i wasnt moving my damn leg's.

GoodDaysAhead is offline Member

I envy you...you're very fortunate living out of city life I probably would have been better a lot sooner if I lived in a peaceful place and wouldn't have had to spend so much travelling hours each week just to get away. Hope you get some relief soon man.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

Yes is peaceful. Nearest neighbors are all about a half mile away. Last night was by far the worse one yet. Arms are burning and just gotta keep moving them damn legs. Fun fun fun.
    Catrina likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

Damn this rls hit with a vengance last night and not let up at all. Arms r burning too now. Just took some magnesium, potassium & b6. Im hoping its just peaking and will gradually improve

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by asp44 View Post
    Yes is peaceful. Nearest neighbors are all about a half mile away. Last night was by far the worse one yet. Arms are burning and just gotta keep moving them damn legs. Fun fun fun.
    Liar!! RLS is no fun at all. It's the pits!! Is today Day 5? You are nearly there my friend. It's going to subside and it's going to happen very abruptly. If it continues in earnest today, I'm betting that it'll be better tonight or tomorrow for sure. I can't be wrong. I'm never wrong. Just ask me and I'll tell you that.

Check in later with some good news that things are settling down. I'm counting on you so that I can say I told you so! So close. Sooooo close and you're doing amazing. I know it doesn't feel like it right now but I also know this first week feels like years. Who knew that time could crawl by so slowly. Did you get down to the creek last night? I live in a small town too and my house sits on 20 acres so I'm without neighbors too. Just my little old house set in the midst of Wild Kingdom. No lions or tigers, at least not the African kind but we do have just about everything else. Wolves, coy dogs, fisher cats, black bears, lots of deer of course and all those little bast*ards that get into the trash like skunks, raccoons, etc. Nuclear sized chipmunks and oh the mice. I hate mice. I'm terrified of them. Stupid I know. The day I arrived home from the hospital, my kitty brought one in the house and left it belly up for me to almost step on., YIKES! I know she thinks she was showing me the love but......geez. I'd have preferred flowers.

Check in later to tell me that you're doing better. I'm counting on it. Any minute now. Any minute now things are going to begin to turn around.

Peace,

Cat
    asp44 likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

Yeah i made it to the creek! I go there often to just get away and think. Well of course i enjoy fishing as well. No wolves here, have a few bear, & mountain lions and of course twenty million opossum, raccoons, skunks, & armadillos. And enough deer to feed a medium sized country for about a year. It kind of feels as though the rls might be moving down the legs a bit at least out of the thigh area. Will update later.
    What state you live in that has wolves? I lived in Charleston W.V. and seen one there. My one & only sighting.
    Catrina likes this.

Yeah i made it to the creek! I go there often to just get away and think. Well of course i enjoy fishing as well. No wolves here, have a few bear, & mountain lions and of course twenty million opossum, raccoons, skunks, & armadillos. And enough deer to feed a medium sized country for about a year. It kind of feels as though the rls might be moving down the legs a bit at least out of the thigh area. Will update later.
    What state you live in that has wolves? I lived in Charleston W.V. and seen one there. My one & only sighting.
    I live in Mass. I don't believe we have mountain lions but we do have bobcats. They are so beautiful! I had a mostly black one with some white markings with the biggest, bluest more beautiful eyes no more than 6 ft off the side of my deck. I was in the house and caught it out of the corner of my eye and I must have made a sound because he/she looked right up at me. Gorgeous! Can't forget the fox either. I had one who used to come everyday and rob my apples. lol We have a variety of fruit trees but don't spray them and leave the fruit for the deer and other wildlife. I had a crate of them from a local orchard that I intended to use for baking a few years ago. I left them in my driveway while I carried up the rest of my groceries and forgot to go back for them. The following morning, I saw a big fox with his snout in the crate munching away. Finished off the entire damn crate. Hope he enjoyed them.

OK so the RLS is moving. Hopefully right down and out your toes! It bothered me the most in my calves but certainly it was in my thighs too. Here's hoping tonight is much better for you.

Peace,

Cat

asp44 is offline Member

I hope it leaves, that would be a blessing. Of course going to sleep would be nice as well. But if i had to pick between the two then rls would be kicked to the curb.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

My damn nemesis is back and meaner than ever
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

Ok all in all it was an decent night. Went to town about 8 & the next thing i know im waking up in my driveway at 10:30?! I have been nodding off in the car a lot. So come inside and slept for another 5 hrs. Rls is still pretty intense, but im sure it will improve. It better anyway. What a HORRIBLE symptom.
    Catrina likes this.

Ok all in all it was an decent night. Went to town about 8 & the next thing i know im waking up in my driveway at 10:30?! I have been nodding off in the car a lot. So come inside and slept for another 5 hrs. Rls is still pretty intense, but im sure it will improve. It better anyway. What a HORRIBLE symptom.
    Good Morning!

Well if nothing else you got some sleep. At this point (my Magic Day 5) being able to string that much sleep together is simply amazing!!! I've said it before and I'll keep saying it: RLS is the absolute worse symptom. The WORST! Is it constant or are you at least getting short breaks from it now? You have just got to be close to having it relent. It just has to be!

Be careful driving please. It worries me that you're able to nod off that way. Don't make me find you so that I can be your chauffeur to be sure you're safe.

Peace,

Cat

asp44 is offline Member

Well good morning sunshine, i have had breaks throughout the day so thats a plus. The sleep thing is certainly an anomaly at this point. I dont know why its coming back quicker than before. Wont complain there. Energy level is great getting out and about. Always look forward to hearing from u! And i would honored to have you as my chauffeur. Have a great day.

asp44 is offline Member

The burning in the arms has moved down to lower arms. Normal?? Who knows. Leg junk moved down as well.
    Catrina and Lvg nghtmare like this.

The burning in the arms has moved down to lower arms. Normal?? Who knows. Leg junk moved down as well.
    I think that this is perfectly normal. It's moving so that equals change. In my opinion, for what's it worth, change is good!! So long as it's not worse, it's really good.

Peace,

Cat
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

Starting the gym tomorrow (maybe) that will be tortuous im sure, as legs are still symptomatic and not to mention fell like jello today!! It will pass .... Man i hope soon. This will be a monumental task if i get there tomorrow. I guess i will go as long as i can at the very least lay in bed tonight and not fidget around all the time.

asp44 is offline Member

Well no gym for a while. Checking fluids under the hood & of course hood falls & catches my right hand. Dont think its broken just swollen.
    Catrina likes this.

Well no gym for a while. Checking fluids under the hood & of course hood falls & catches my right hand. Dont think its broken just swollen.
    Oh no! You know--I wish I had counted the times someone posts early in their recovery that they have some sort of accident that may not be the end of the world but just the same causes one more reason to hurt. It's like that sore thumb kinda thing and it's ironic.

The gym sounds like a really good idea. Maybe go anyway, skip the weights and do some cardio. That's really the most help at this point anyway. Once your hand feels better then you can get into some strength training but the cardio will be amazing! Tiring your legs out will only help any of the RLS that is still hanging out preventing you from resting peacefully. I'm sure you know this, but wrap your hand and use Aleve or Advil for the inflammation. It will help. At first it will be hard to notice the difference because we tend to equate pain relief with the buzz that pain pills gave us. I know it took me a bit to really recognize that fact. I hope that you didn't break anything but if there's lots of swelling and you're having any trouble moving your fingers, etc. get an x-ray to be sure.

Hope in spite of this new development that you can get a good rest in your bed and not behind the wheel of the car! I'll be sure to check in on you in the morning so be sure to update and let me know if your RLS is settling down and how your hand is doing. UGH!

Peace,

Cat

asp44 is offline Member

Fell asleep about 10 up at 2:30 with rls kicking in. Oh well. Swelling has not gone down much in hand. It sure turned black & blue over the last few hrs.

asp44 is offline Member

Well damn i guess its time to go for a drive. I will go to va later and get xray. Hope u r fast asleep cat, and recovering nicely
    Catrina likes this.

Well damn i guess its time to go for a drive. I will go to va later and get xray. Hope u r fast asleep cat, and recovering nicely
    Good Morning!

Well 4.5 hrs sleep isn't so bad, I just wish that it wasn't the RLS that woke you. That's a pretty good amount of sleep at this point. I was still getting zippo! Yes!! Go get that xray and here comes a real test and you know it. Take a script for Naproxen or some other kind of non addictive anti-inflammatory. Talk about a test. Let me know how you do even though you're going to do great. You didn't survive this past week for nothing.

My last post was at around 4am but that's not as bad as it sounds. I'm an early riser ordinarily, usually up by around 5 but yesterday and yesterday evening was full of naps. I fell asleep for the last time around midnight I suppose then woke up for about an hour around 4. I'm not rubbing it in, but I then fell back to sleep for about another hour. I'm wide awake now though and doubt that there' be much napping today but we'll see. It's rainy and gloomy and my plans, well let's see....oh yeah...it's staying put mostly in bed and will alternate between reruns on TV, movies, my laptop, and some reading. Huh. Sounds like much of what I've been doing for the better part of this past week. Exciting.

Peace,

Cat

asp44 is offline Member

The rls is getting better nightly. Thank God. Fell back asleep at 5 til 900. Awesome. Really strange to get that amount so early in. Little better every day.
    Lvg nghtmare and Catrina like this.

The rls is getting better nightly. Thank God. Fell back asleep at 5 til 900. Awesome. Really strange to get that amount so early in. Little better every day.
    That's what I like to hear!!! That amount of sleep at this point is astonishing. You are quickly moving in the right direction. I know that it doesn't feel like it. Boy, do I know it. Just hoping this continues. Don't be too discouraged if you still have nights that are tough because that's apt to happen but I don't think they will be completely sleepless, maybe just broken and it'll be hit or miss with good nights and not-so-good nights.. But it's going to happen. Poor sleep is always the thing that hangs out the longest once the acute stuff passes. Woohooo. What good news.

Fill me in after you have that hand checked out.

Peace,

Cat

PS Can you tell that I have nothing else to do? My laptop is with me and this tab is open constantly. You're keeping me company so I thank you.

asp44 is offline Member

No broken bones. Just swollen & bruised. Cleaned my moms house, got her laundry caught up & im gonna get her out of the house for a bit. Feeling better than i thought i would. Not there yet. Boy that would be nice if i was. But i know its a process. I have not had any cravings though i never really did. I did take them when i got stressed or bored. Not sure why (maybe to numb myself) who knows. Gotta figure that out i guess. I do think im progressing at a much faster rate than what i expected. Im sure there will be days where thats not the case but hey thats life right?!
    Cat, you keep me inspired, & motivated. I cant thank you enough.

asp44 is offline Member

Lvgnghtmare, your story is also very inspiring, & your help is also very much appreciated. Thank u.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello asp, No thanks necessary I can't keep what I was freely given.. I'm glad my story has helped just one person struggling through all this garbage.. believe me I whined and complained with the best of them..ugh cringe how tramuatic my early wds were but I can promise you This too Shall Pass.. It's all worth it every rotten second of it to be free from those chains..stick around you'll see for yourself.. Stay Strong for Today..

asp44 is offline Member

Cat, you go awol on me??!! Hope you are doing well. And hopefully you dont have to wear that "wretched" brace for too awful long.
    Catrina likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

Well this is shaping up to be a chitty night

asp44 is offline Member

Just when u think its improving it comes back and bites me in the butt
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

To hell with it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast