Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Like Tree160Likes
150-200mg oxycodone c/t
    Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Everything you are feeling and going through is all normal part of the process.. stay the course..

asp44 is offline Member

Well its just after 9 here in the show me state so i am going to try and get some sleep. Will check in tomorrow.

Doing a drive by checking in on you today....

asp44 is offline Member

Got to sleep around 10-11 til 3. Up but fell back asleep without taking anything. Just a blah day.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey asp. Things are good for me. About 2.5 months ish clean. So I'm so happy and greatful for that. Just got back from a mini vacation with the girls. Went down to FL to visit with my family. Had a blast!! Drive kinda sux but that's to be expected Glad you're back and at it again!! I recently quit smoking, this is my second attempt after a minor tobacco relapse. I thought these can't be any tougher to quit than opiates right. Yeah not the case. Cigs are a bear. I was gnawing my arm off for a few days. And I still have multiple cravings daily. Subs I had maybe one craving the whole detox. Had no idea it would be this hard. But I'm here on day 8 I think. Glad you're back! Keep us updated on your progress! No more disappearing!!! We are here for you! Keep doing the next right thing!

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

No more disappearing. Gotta find something to occupy my time!! Boredom is creeping in.

asp44 is offline Member

Not sure why but wow the weather for this time of year has been great the last three days. I love being outdoors its so relaxing sitting out on the gravel bar with my line in the water.
    Everything is going good, some aches & pains, spotty sleep, but not complaining. Dropping tomorrow again. Be a whopping 15mgs of perc a day. Might go lower? Idk. But definitely ready to end my love hate affair with these things. For good. Hope everyone is well. And i really hope this taper does me some good in the end.

That's great. No need to rush it. Follow your plan. You are so close. If you feel like making an extra drop you know your body. But do it right so you don't have to do it again. You have the rest of your life clean to enjoy. So proud of you!!

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

I went ahead and cut back more. Just taking 5mgs in the morning and then 5 more about 2pm & at bedtime. Going ok. Sleeping about 5-6 hrs before waking up at 3-4 am. Got a therapist scheduled for next week to discuss some things. Wont go into detail about it but one of the things were going to talk about is alternate ways to treat the back pain. She thought maybe acupuncture or deep tissue massages might help. I have delayed my neck fusion til whenever?? I know some of u might think im crazy for getting yet another surgery on my spine but at this point i dont really have much of an alternative. So i will have a full fusion in neck to go along with the lumbar fusion. Hope everyone is well.

I see we are feeling better... keep up the good work.. Proud of You..
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

Hey, yeah not feeling too bad at all. Little bit of anxiety, & leg pains. I just want to be done already. But i am going to go low as i can before i quit.

Hey asp. Down to 15mg a day, that's awesome my friend!! Keep it rolling. This will all be over real soon. I know about the anxiety thing, it comes and goes. Biggest thing that helped me was to stay active both physically, and mentally. Read a book, something. Anything to keep the gears turning. Anyways, loved the post, and so glad you're feeling better. Keep on doing the next right thing my friend!!

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

Hello beef, feeling good. Been reading, love to read, working out & walking. Wow working out is tough for now. Feeling pretty wimpy!! Its getting better. Definitely eating better too & doing supplements. One thing i belive is helping is an amino acid powder by body fortress. Tastes nasty so i make a smoothie out of it wuth banans, raspberries, strawberries, almond milk, & crushed ice. Hides the taste. Check back in later. Glad u r well.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

I know for me amino acids helped me so much with mental clarity, coordination, hand eye, and just feeling in general. It took some time of course but I slowly started to feel actual joy. I still take dl-phenylalanine, multivitamin, b-12, b complex daily and eat at least 2 bananas a day. It really helps. Glad you're getting there. It keeps getting better. You're doing a great job!!!!

Keep doing the next right thing!!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

Another thing i have to keep in check is the stress level!! Definitely a major trigger. I had to move in with my mom due to her dementia. It was that or send her to the nursing home. Couldnt let that happen. But man this is proving very difficult to say the least.

asp44 is offline Member

Down to just one 10mg pill split in half. Half in the am, & half in the pm. Sleep has not been affected as much as I thought it would be. Its not great but also it never really was. I think 5-6 hours in reality is plenty for me. I have a good mindset and I think that helps more than anything. It is never easy trying to quit taking the pain meds, but a positive outlook & knowing that im making good progress makes it a little more bearable. Energy level is good and the dreaded rls are manageable. Eating healthy (major victory in itself) and walking about a mile a day is helping as well. So the slow taper us working very well. Another week-ten days and I will be done. Just gotta stick with it this time.
    I have more tools this time than compared to the last c/t attempt. Getting some issues discussed with a counselor and out in the open was tough to start with, but its also taken a lot of weight off of my shoulders!! So I will continue on with that. So in addition with the counselor, improved diet & exercise I think Im taking a far better approach at ending this grueling opiate cycle. One day at a time is a kind of my mantra right now. Thank you to everyone who has supported me up to this point. Almost there.

asp44 is offline Member

Almost a full two weeks at a whopping 7.5mg oxycodone at night, has not up til now alleviated any of the symptoms i had before. So for me quitting at 200mgs is the same as stopping at 7.5!! Only 30 hrs into this one so well see. Man the restlessness has really got me. Im sitting in my car as i type this. I literally cannot sit still. Oh this sucks, yet here i am again. I hope this one sticks!

asp44 is offline Member

On second thought the symptoms after tapering were not as severe as ct. Starting on day 4 so its getting better.

Wavision is offline Member

Good work asp.

Reading through your thread and it seems you have had a rough go at it. And it takes a strong person to have gone through what you have. Now you just need a tiny bit more strength to be free. You got this!!
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

Hey wavision, hope ur well. I thought i had this thing whipped last june, but after 3 weeks of stopping the meds, I jumped back on. It was always well I will quit bext week etc. Only next week never arrives. I absolutely hate those damn pills yet here i am again paying the price for going back to em. Horrible cycle to say the least. Still feeling pretty rough from no sleep but I do know it gets better.

Wavision is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by asp44 View Post
    Hey wavision, hope ur well. I thought i had this thing whipped last june, but after 3 weeks of stopping the meds, I jumped back on. It was always well I will quit bext week etc. Only next week never arrives. I absolutely hate those damn pills yet here i am again paying the price for going back to em. Horrible cycle to say the least. Still feeling pretty rough from no sleep but I do know it gets better.
    Just curious, we're you pretty much completely through withdrawals when you started back up again? Was there an event or something that made you start again?

Hey asp. 7.5 a day. That's great!! Just remember where you were when you started this journey. You're almost there. Keep your chin up and keep on moving. Clean is amazing. You'll get there. It's not a race, definitely a marathon. We are all here to support you. And we are proud of you!!! I cant remember, have you looked into face to face support? AA, NA, counseling, therapy. I recently started going to meetings and I can really see the immense benefit that everyone has been talking about. Just a thought.

Hope you have a great day!!
    Keep posting!!
    Beef

asp44 is offline Member

Wavision, yes I was thru all of the physical symptoms except for some lingering restlessness & insomnia. Waa sleeping for about 3-4 hrs a night. I think i went back to them mainly because of just boredom, & stress. Good reasons huh?!

asp44 is offline Member

Beef, I have given some thought about a na-aa meeting, but well see what happens. Counseling is ok for now though. I have got to make this one stick, im getting too old for this junk. Plus i really miss my sleep!! No more damn day 1s. Take care.

asp44 is offline Member

Day 5 in a few hours. Only complaints is being crazy restless at night. Well that and no sleep!!

Good job.... keep Active keep your mind busy stay hydrated your right where you need to be. Congratulations...

asp44 is offline Member

The rls garbage and burning skin feelings seem to be coming in waves now instead of being there all the time. So thats good. Hopefully in a day or two i can start getting a few hours of sleep.

asp44 is offline Member

One week. AGAIN. I managed a couple hrs sleep albeit not til 5am. Hope that improves in a few weeks. I feel a little better equipped to handle things this go around. My last dance with this garbage. Gonna try some melatonin and sleepy time tea for about a week. Cant hurt! Didnt try it all this first week, way to restless, I dont think a sledgehammer would of done the trick. That is thankfully improving. In a good place right now! Feeling positive. Finally.

asp44 is offline Member

I have been around these forums for close to a year now, and still I put myself right back to square one. Im so over this bs. Tomorrow starts day 5 clean again, & God willing my last day 5. If no one responds I completely understand. I feel like im a bad example and should just quit wasting everyones time. I will still use this as a journal so to speak for my own thoughts.
    I cant do this wd junk anymore!! Not at all worth it. I have to make this stick. Getting to old for this nonsense. Again the restlessness and insomnia are terrible. But I know it will improve. Time is a great healer, but man im impatient.
    Trying sleepy time tea & melatonin in a few days to try & help with sleep. No use right now just to restless. Im still trying. I have a appt friday with an addiction therapist. Nervous about that for sure. But i have to go, Ive tried this on my own too many times with little success. Cat, Beef, Living, etc hope ur all well. Wish me luck.
    Lvg nghtmare and Catrina like this.

asp44 is offline Member

I do have a prescription from last June for 15mg temazepam. I never even took one. But will those calm the restlessness????? If anyone has advice on that i would love to hear it. I have no liking for any benzo so no worries about that.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast