150mg a day Oxy Habbit
    luckz is offline New Member

Default 150mg a day Oxy Habbit

Hello everyone,
    A little background story before I get into the mess I am right now.
    I have been to this website many times before while withdrawing to help with previous withdrawal symptoms that would ensue when I could not find access to my drug of choice. You all have been very helpful posting your stories up, so I thought I would share mine.
    I broke my Tibia in half falling down a flight of stairs about 3 years ago. I required surgery with rods and screws to hold my leg together. As you all probably know by now, the doctor prescribed me oxycodone HCL 5/325 for the post surgery pain. I was taking them as prescribed, but began to take a little extra here and there. I noticed a high feeling when consuming 3 to 4 with no tolerance at all. Well that was my downfall. I was able to get quite a bit before I got cut off from the doctor who told me to just consume Tylenol. However, I never went into withdrawal. Later on about a year ago to date I had access to a few of these pills 10-20 max at a time and would not withdrawal when I ran out. Furthermore, those 10-20 became 30 than 60 than 120 and it started to be a downward hill from there forward. I would notice my taking 6 pills became 8 than 10 than 13 to the point I would have to extract the drug from the Tylenol to save my liver the beating. I have cleared out my stock accounts, my savings accounts, and would have continued down this road if the supply was coming in.

That being said, I used my last 6 pills on Wednesday October 19, 2016 and have been in withdrawal ever since. This is only day 4 of my withdrawal and I have already saved $300.00. I had severe muscle aches and RLS, followed by runny nose, headache, crazy insomnia, teary eyes and that about sums it up for symptoms. This time not much diarrhea, and I did not lose my appetite at all.

Day 1) stayed in bed and watched netflix knowing the worst has not hit yet, started feeling pain all around and having drug cravings. Little to no sleep taking a benzo. Would have caved if a phone call came in.

Day 2) Pain in my back and legs is debilitating, my nose will not stop dripping, I used 2 rolls of toilet paper for wiping it all and continue to take my vitamin regimen found in the thomas recipe. I was listening to music and it lightened the mood a bit. I crawled out of bed and hopped on my bike. Riding for about 2 mins had me almost crying, but I toughed it out hoping to reset the neurotransmitter imbalance (boost dopamine and such). My sense of smell seemed to come back x10. Again no sleep on benzo

Day 3) My pain is slowly going away, but I am feeling a little better in mood and still in bed. I managed to hop back on my bike and go for a vigorous bike ride (again, I bike ride avidly and it's my way of getting out of the slump). The bike ride seemed to bring on a major headache, but my mood did seem elevated. My nose is still constantly dripping and i sneeze profusely. RLS seem to be almost gone. Still no sleep on benzo.

Day 4) This would be today. The pain is there, but it's just annoying now and not excruciating. Will be going back to work tomorrow. My nose is constantly still dripping and I have used 6 rolls of toilet paper. I seem to have major headaches after trying to sleep that subside during the day. My mood is lightened and I managed to get up and go to the mall around people, instead of bike riding alone. RLS gone. Sneezing is still prevalent. My eye sockets look like I am heavily medicated, probably from no sleep.

I will try to post day 5/6/7/8/9/10 so some of you know what to expect. I almost lost everything from this drug, relationship, financials, etc. I might break the news to my significant others for support to lean on. They are asking me how somebody that makes 100k+ a year has no money. My only answer has been eating out, food, car upgrades, anything that I can think of.

Anyways, sorry for the long post. I wanted to try and get as much details in from start to finish. I hope I can help somebody on this forum or I can receive some support or guidance on how to stay off of this drug. NA is not an option for me.

Thank you all!

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by luckz View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I have been to this website many times before while withdrawing to help with previous withdrawal symptoms that would ensue when I could not find access to my drug of choice. You all have been very helpful posting your stories up, so I thought I would share mine.
    I broke my Tibia in half falling down a flight of stairs about 3 years ago. I required surgery with rods and screws to hold my leg together. As you all probably know by now, the doctor prescribed me oxycodone HCL 5/325 for the post surgery pain. I was taking them as prescribed, but began to take a little extra here and there. I noticed a high feeling when consuming 3 to 4 with no tolerance at all. Well that was my downfall. I was able to get quite a bit before I got cut off from the doctor who told me to just consume Tylenol. However, I never went into withdrawal. Later on about a year ago to date I had access to a few of these pills 10-20 max at a time and would not withdrawal when I ran out. Furthermore, those 10-20 became 30 than 60 than 120 and it started to be a downward hill from there forward. I would notice my taking 6 pills became 8 than 10 than 13 to the point I would have to extract the drug from the Tylenol to save my liver the beating. I have cleared out my stock accounts, my savings accounts, and would have continued down this road if the supply was coming in.

That being said, I used my last 6 pills on Wednesday October 19, 2016 and have been in withdrawal ever since. This is only day 4 of my withdrawal and I have already saved $300.00. I had severe muscle aches and RLS, followed by runny nose, headache, crazy insomnia, teary eyes and that about sums it up for symptoms. This time not much diarrhea, and I did not lose my appetite at all.

Day 1) stayed in bed and watched netflix knowing the worst has not hit yet, started feeling pain all around and having drug cravings. Little to no sleep taking a benzo. Would have caved if a phone call came in.

Day 2) Pain in my back and legs is debilitating, my nose will not stop dripping, I used 2 rolls of toilet paper for wiping it all and continue to take my vitamin regimen found in the thomas recipe. I was listening to music and it lightened the mood a bit. I crawled out of bed and hopped on my bike. Riding for about 2 mins had me almost crying, but I toughed it out hoping to reset the neurotransmitter imbalance (boost dopamine and such). My sense of smell seemed to come back x10. Again no sleep on benzo

Day 3) My pain is slowly going away, but I am feeling a little better in mood and still in bed. I managed to hop back on my bike and go for a vigorous bike ride (again, I bike ride avidly and it's my way of getting out of the slump). The bike ride seemed to bring on a major headache, but my mood did seem elevated. My nose is still constantly dripping and i sneeze profusely. RLS seem to be almost gone. Still no sleep on benzo.

Day 4) This would be today. The pain is there, but it's just annoying now and not excruciating. Will be going back to work tomorrow. My nose is constantly still dripping and I have used 6 rolls of toilet paper. I seem to have major headaches after trying to sleep that subside during the day. My mood is lightened and I managed to get up and go to the mall around people, instead of bike riding alone. RLS gone. Sneezing is still prevalent. My eye sockets look like I am heavily medicated, probably from no sleep.

I will try to post day 5/6/7/8/9/10 so some of you know what to expect. I almost lost everything from this drug, relationship, financials, etc. I might break the news to my significant others for support to lean on. They are asking me how somebody that makes 100k+ a year has no money. My only answer has been eating out, food, car upgrades, anything that I can think of.

Anyways, sorry for the long post. I wanted to try and get as much details in from start to finish. I hope I can help somebody on this forum or I can receive some support or guidance on how to stay off of this drug. NA is not an option for me.

Thank you all!
    Hang in there, you are almost through the worst of the acute withdrawals! You are doing AWESOME, keep us updated? Take care... God bless us all!

offandclean is offline New Member

Good idea telling your close family or friends. Someone other than than yourself knowing may hold you more accountable. At least it did for me. It also is great having a support system. When I was weak during this process, I reached out to them and it helped tremendously.

Awesome job getting to this point. I really commend you on getting out of bed in the first days and going bike riding.

Keep going!

Brian20 is offline New Member

Hello everyone,

Thank you all!
    Hey man,

I'm in almost the exact same boat as you. I'm at the end of day 4 coming off a 150mg daily habit of percocet. I can relate to staying in bed, the runny nose, the feeling of almost crying for no reason. Only thing I can say is that, what do we expect? You cant damage your body like that for so long and expect no reprecussions. I feel like the worst is behind us though. From here on out, every day will get a little better until all this nonsense is just a memory. Good luck, check in tomrrow.

Prettytony is offline Junior Member

Hello everyone,

Thank you all!
    Strongly consider making an appt w a suboxone dr. I constantly for 15 years would get thru the physical part of WD think I was in the clear, only to have the mental obsession for opiates that would seem to be on my mind 24/7 and the sobering realization that things that make "normal" people happy don't do a thing to put a smile on my face. The only thing that truly makes me happy, are opiates. Due to long term opiate use my brain seemed to be programmed to only release dopamine when it received opiates thus, without opiates I was in a constant state of depression until I would say to myself if this is what sobriety is all about I don't want anything to do w it and the cycle would start over. You know all the promises you make to yourself in the beginning about how your not going to let all hell break loose like past times never works and sooner or later your deep into addiction and the hell that comes w it. Long story short went to a suboxone dr. Started on 16 mg daily 8 in the am and 8 at nite apr21 2014. Tday I'm on 1 mg in the am and 1 mg at nite and continue my descent until I will be off completely giving my brain ample time to repair itself and fire on all cylinders b4 I'm completely off sub. It has been nothing short of a miracle. I was a lover of all chemicals combining 8 beers 40 mg opana, 5mg Xanax, 1 gram marijuana daily if I could but no matter what I had to have atleast 20mg opana or equivalent to get out of bed in the morning and 20 at nite to avoid RLS if I didn't have anything else the opiates were a must as you well know. I haven't had the need or the craving for any kind altering chemical since the day I got on suboxone. My life is as normal, productive, and fulfilling as the man who never touched a drug and damaged his brain and body to what seemed unrepairable levels. I've accomplished more in this 2 year span than I ever did in the previous 15. Hope this helps. GL