Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 2angels13
  • 1 Post By Shawnamama
18 days no vicodin
    2angels13 is offline New Member

Default 18 days no vicodin

Im at 18 days without vicodin! !!!!!! Im getting good sleep at night with no sleep aids, rls hasnt happened for a few days no aniexty for several days. I do think about taking the one i found while i was withdrawaling but i havent taken it and i dont want to...when i think about it i do something to keep my mind busy. I am very proud of myself and my hubby is too! Anyone reading this that is struggling, you can do it! Stay positive and keep moving on 1 day at a time!
    Iluv2smile likes this.

ashleywestlock is offline Junior Member

Hi 2angels! Congrats on making it 18 days! That's huge! I've been through withdrawals several times, but it's been a long while since I made it to 18 days. :-) I bet you're feeling on top of the world! I'm currently at day 5 of no norco. Still feeling the physical withdrawals, but that's okay. One day at a time, as you said!

I think you should throw out that 1 vicodin you found. Having it in your possession will make you continue to think about it, and that will drive you crazy! If I were you, this early in the game, that would have been in my tummy by now. :-)

Congrats again and keep on!

Shawnamama is offline Junior Member

Great job on your 18 days! How would you say the mental part is going? I'm about 4 days in and I'm going a little batty. The mental part is kicking my butt, the rest I can handle. The cravings are overwhelming and watch out to anyone in my path. Really freakin sucks! Keep up the good work!! P.s,I agree about flushing that vicodin.
    I personally think I would be doing a lot better but I've been anxious because I know my dad is getting a refil at any moment. If I knew I had one there to take I would take it in a heart beat! Flush it! Flush it!
    iloerose likes this.

Questions11 is offline Member

Definitely flush it!! Who needs it, you don't need it. It's almost like a constant reminder and you want that gone out of your life!

Im on day 18 of no opiates and feel awesome too! Getting sleep, RLS stopped, and getting my energy back slowly I can feel a difference. Had my first dream about pills a couple nights ago and woke up a little miffed but immediately forgot and went on with my day! Keep at it everyone!

I gave it to my mom. She has to take >> (she actually has problems and needs them) she came to visit for a cple days i didnt struggle to much watching her take her pain pills i just kept thinking about the clean time i had under my belt.
    Im surprised i havent had a dream yet about pills drug dreams suck lol. Congrats to u "guys" too on your clean time.

TheGoodSister is offline Member

So awesome to read your thread even if its a short one! Keep up the good work!

Joe-JustJoe is offline New Member

I'm happy to hear you've gone this long. The worst has to be behind you, right? So you're pretty much home free as long as you don't give in.

I would like you to realize, though, that this is not the end of the road. It's the beginning. You're going to have to figure out how you're going to stay off the meds. So how do we do that? What you're going to have to do, for your sake and your husband's, is take care of whatever caused you to start down this road to begin with. Was it an injury? Is it an addiction? Did something happen to you? Remember, no one here knows who you are so you can talk about it. What precipitated this?

Now the other thing here is that you're going to have to make sure you're not only off the meds, but healthy as well. And to do that you're going to need to see a doctor and get a physical. Just a regular checkup should be fine, blood pressure, vitals, check the pupils, ears, throat, etc., some blood work, that's it. The usual. No big deal. You can do that. But you also need to tell your doc about the pills and how you had trouble getting off them. He or she needs to know your history, whether it's addiction or a dependency, how long you were on them, etc. If you were on a large amount you might want to have some kind of liver-related test too. I'm not going to go too much into that because that's best left for your GP but there are some blood tests and things you can get just to make sure everything is in order. You want to live the rest of your life in health and happiness, right? So do that. It's possible.

So one final thing. If this is addiction we're talking about you'll need a support system. Friends and family can be a very effective one. They should know about this so they can spot any warning signs and help you stay on the right path. Your doctors are going to have to know about this and you're going to have to learn to talk openly about it and be honest with yourself and others. Quitting the meds is a great thing but it's only the first step. Keep it up and if you have trouble do not be afraid to talk to your doctor. Nothing bad will happen. It will help. It's your doctor we're talking about. Doctors are here to help us. Your doc is your friend.

I wish you success and please consider seeing a medical professional and bringing them in so you have some real qualified help. You need resources. A doctor is a great one.

The addiction came when i was constantly getting them for my mom :/ so then i would buy a cple to have and so on....i also have an old fractured back injury sometimes it flares up (but honestly not enough pain to take a pain pill) then the hubs 4 yrs ago got a spring...thing....put in at the bottom of his spine and he and my mom truly needed the p.pills. the hubs stopped taking them pretty much he has a very good job but wvery now and then he wld take 1 of mine if he was in true pain. My mom slowed her addiction and now takes as she is prescribed *thank God * i did and do keep record of my bpm and stress level when i wld get anixity. My phone measures it and stores the data.
    None of my friends but 1 knew of my addiction. If i was asked i wld say ya i take 1 every now and then. My 1 girl friend didnt know i had been taking them for that long but she wld call me and ask how i was etc etc. I did just recently tell a distant friend i was clean and it felt great to say it. But believe me i wish i could shout it out loud how proud i am of myself. The hubby was absolutely 100% supportive! I think it was 1 yr ago when i finally got wnough guts to say honey i have a problem. He knew i did already he just watched b/c he knows if someone isn't ready to stop they wont. I will tell my mommy sometime soon,my mom and i are very close so i feel kinda guilty now lol.
    My friends mom was the one who wld be the middle man in getting them and she was very happy to here i was done. She wont enable me i told her never to get them for me.
    As to help with staying clean...ive been thru the whole drug scene then 1 day >> get tired of doing it and quit. The problem with >> are i felt like i needed them in order to clean the house...or go outside to play..im sure most of u know what i mean. For me cranking up the music and singing and dancing with myself does the trick. I find myself wanting my hubby and starting things instead of him being the 1 to start and that is an amazing feeling to have back cuz damnit i missed it.thats all for now. Sorry for the long 1 and im sure there are lots of spelling errors (im.on my phone typing and no coffee yet) i hope everyone else is doing well and getting stronger!