Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By systolic_suckerpunch
  • 1 Post By JessicaH21
27 year old female, pregnant, suboxone detox
    JessicaH21 is offline New Member

Default 27 year old female, pregnant, suboxone detox

Hi everyone I've been reading this forum on and off for a long time! Here's my story... I've never been addicted to opiates, I've dabbled in them recreationally during the past 6 years, but never developed an addiction. I've always considered myself strong enough to not become an addict. WRONG! I'm 27 years old, blonde, pretty, college graduate, have a full-time job. Nobody would ever guess I'm an addict. My sister was an opiate addict and got on suboxone, that's where I first tried it. I'd snort it. An hour later I'd be puking my guts up but I'd do it anyway. That was several years ago and I was only doing it recreationally then. My boyfriend of 7 years and father of our child struggled with OxyContin addiction the first year after our son was born (2007-08), but over came it on his own. Eventually, I can't even remember how he came to find a suboxone connect, but he did and started doing that since we had some experience with it. I started doing Sub everyday about 10 months ago. Idk how much I was doing bc I snort bumps off an 8 mg pill. That's probably super dangerous, but I'm just telling the truth. I haven't seen a lot of people talk about blowing sub, that's why I'm putting my story out there. Finally got to where I was doing a line first thing in the morn, on my lunch break, and several lines of varying sizes after work. Did I mention I'm a social worker? Horrible I know. Anyways, just found out the day before Thanksgiving that I'm pregnant with baby #2. I know I need to switch to subutex, I know withdrawals can cause a miscarriage, I know I need to tell my OB. But I can't risk losing my job, if I get a child welfare case opened up against me, boom I'm gone. Let go. I can't afford that. Anyways, at this point I've made my mind up to get off this stuff on my own and pray for a hedge of protection around this baby that I don't miscarry. I'm sure many of you will say I'm selfish for doing it this way, but I'm
    stubborn and this is the way it's gonna be. Last week, I did a tiny bump on Christmas to get thru the day and didn't do another bump the next two days. I felt like >>>>, no energy, no sleep, horrible gastric reflux/stomach burn. Omg you guys, the no sleep liked to drive me mad. I was off work the week of Christmas so I only did that one bump on Christmas and another tiny one 2 days later. I didn't do any more until last night 12/30, I did a tiny bump (if you can even call it that) of sub dust, DUST, bc I needed sleep. I slept like a baby, Hallelujah! Yes I could get ahold of Xanax, Valium, whatever to help sleep, but being pregnant and already doing something that could be harmful to baby, well duh I'm not gonna add to that. I tried melatonin one night and got maybe a solid 1.5 hours. The worst thing for me is the no sleep. I feel like if I had something to take that really helped me sleep, I wouldnt crave any sub. Im over it. I don't wanna do it anymore, I want to be a good mom. What can I take to sleep that's safe for pregnancy?? I work an 8-5 job and have a 6 year old, I need sleep. Thanks for anyone who responds. I know I'll probably get some negative feedback, that's ok I can deal love and hugs to anyone else going through this xoxo
    P.S. I've read Robert's plan and tried to follow that, kind of. Since I blow lines I can't really calculate how much to do and reduce by. Like I said the last couple times I did a bump, I wouldn't even call it that. It was some sub dust I scraped off so I imagine it's a very low dose.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

This is an extremely scary situation for anyone who would give you advice here. We are not doctors and I'm not going to pretend to be. You need to see a doctor. That said, I will give you a list of some things that may help. I have no idea how much sub you have been taking. Sub is on the level of methadone: it has a 72 hour half live, which is why about every three days a "bump" helps you. I understand that you don't want to lose your job, but you don't want to lose your baby either. I would post in "need to talk"or in the "suboxone treatment" forum, although it's slow because of the holidays, you are not the first professional to be hooked on an opiate and subs are a synthetic opiate derivative. I've never heard of anyone "blowing" sub. For sleep you can try sleepy time tea (strong) and a hot bath before bed, along with the melatonin. Drink plenty of fluids: water, pure fruit juices, get decent exercise. You need a good supplemental vitamin. You best be careful with anything you take for sleep, particularly the benzos: xanax and valium(either are a no for pregnant women), as you said you should avoid these entirely, and even the over the counter meds can be a hazard when you are pregnant. I'm not even going to go there with someone who is pregnant. I am in no way judging you: I am an addict and have no right to judge anyone else. Our business here is to help as much as we can, but we are not doctors.

I wish you the best of luck. Please post in one of those forums, as they have more traffic.

Best wishes and blessings.

Peace,

Iloerose

systolic_suckerpunch is offline Senior Member

Just a thought, if you come up positive for drugs during your pregnancy, That itself is grounds to start some type of file or investigation. However, if you get a legal prescription, and are monitored by a doctor, you will be covered because the script is legal.

Years ago I was on suboxone and became pregnant. I was already about to be dismissed as a patient for being late to group, and my clinic would not switch me to subutex. Nor woud they extend my final script which I was to taper down to 1mg a day. I'm not sure if it was the suboxone instead of the subutex, but I have a pretty good feeling that that was what made me lose my baby.

You stated you know withdrawals can cause miscarriage, yet you are in withdrawal. I'm sure you feel like you're backed in a corner with no way out. I get it. But Please, I implore you to talk to a doctor about this. They aren't required to report it to anyone. And it looks a lot better on you for trying to address your issues and get this problem sorted with the help of a professional, as opposed to you trying to do this on your own.

After I lost my pregnancy I soon became pregnant again. I was on subutex for the entire pregnancy, and gave birth at 40 weeks to a beautiful healthy little girl who is now 2 years old. I nursed her so she didn't go thru any withdrawal at birth. I'm not saying this is what you should do. You could do a taper under the supervision of your doctor and OB, and be clean before you ever give birth. But the sooner the better. And that will probably end up going a lot better than taking random bumps when you can't deal, because what if you're still doing that at 8 months?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-01-2014 at 01:47 AM.
    iloerose and nursestudent13 like this.

JessicaH21 is offline New Member

Thank you SS, I appreciate you sharing your story with me. I'm so sorry you lost the baby, I can't even imagine. I know I need to get on subutex. I think that's what I'll end up doing bc this is so much harder than I ever imagined.

Theap1984 is offline New Member

Congratulations on your 2nd child. Just Like all people here said, you should ask your OB or doctor about your issue. Only a professional can help you with your problem. And this forum helps a lot of people, and gives support to all members. As for me, I guess you shouldn't be stubborn with what you want, think about your baby first. Researching on how to overcome this is good, but it is much better if you ask professionals about this.

I understand not wanting to be found out because of your job. Methadone is safer for the baby I think. A methadone clinic would take you and no social worker involved, thats the way it is in my state. I was on methadone while prego, O B recommended it. Even after baby was born no visits. Of course you have to pass urine tests for the doc every appointment. This may be an option. Or talking to an understanding OB that doesnt want to call the cops first thing. I think if you go in right off the bat tell them you want whats best for your child, things will turn out ok. But you must get medical treatment soon! Wd can kill a fetus!!

Not trying to scare you but in the state of alabama a woman can be arrested for taking drugs that are not prescribed, my dad is an attorney and sees it all the time. Im sure you know the laws because of your job. So your best option is to get in with an OB quick, I think this will ensure your babys saftey and your safety legally.