Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
2nd short term sub detox. Last chance?
    jedie50 is offline Banned

Default 2nd short term sub detox. Last chance?

Me. 54 yo married father of 2 Grandpa of 2 wonderful kids grandbabies. Wife is a Nurse Son a Pharmacist Daughter will be an Attorney in 3 years. I drive a Mack dumptruck. As far as they know I've been clean for the
    last 3 years. I won't burden them again with this >>>>. I'm on my own. I'm an Alcoholic and a junkie. I was sober from 1989 till about 2000. Returned to drink for a few years then sober for a few then found pain pills . Wash repeat. Loser. I'm on my second and final withdrawl. I'm using the same method I did last time. I haven't drank in 3 years but took pain pills for the last 2 or so. Steadily increasing to 60 to 80 mg of oxycodone a day just to feel normal\ slightly ill. My dealer strung me out the other day And I'm ready to face life. I need to detox. Took my last 20 mg of oxy yesterday in pieces from 6 am till 3 pm. I usually have 40mg or more on board by then and already felt sick took 2 mg of sub at 3 am fearing precipitate wd. Didn't happen. In fact I slept till 11 am. And worked hard all day no symptoms at all. Took .25 mg at 8 pm and will try to make it till morning. Doing a 4 or 5 day with sub detox the ct. Will keep you posted. No more ego that says I can use without consequences. No more ego that says I'm not good enough to stay sober.
    IceInTheBack likes this.

Ok so today was a mix bag. Took 1 mg at 6am and 1mg at about 9am. I needed to function. Worked 12 and 1/2 hrs feeling >>>>>> for the most part but had moments when I felt ok. Hard physical work topping for sewer pipe laying. The exersise kept my mind busy stomach is a bit quezzy. It seems to take a while before the sub kicks in. several hours even. I have a bout .5 mg for sleep Tonite won't use it unless I have too. No appetite drinking water boost and muscle milk muti vitamin and loperimide in small doses.

Even slept a few hours. So friggin tired and back pain leg cramps fun fun.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jedie50 View Post
    Me. 54 yo married father of 2 Grandpa of 2 wonderful kids grandbabies. Wife is a Nurse Son a Pharmacist Daughter will be an Attorney in 3 years. I drive a Mack dumptruck. As far as they know I've been clean for the
    last 3 years. I won't burden them again with this >>>>. I'm on my own. I'm an Alcoholic and a junkie. I was sober from 1989 till about 2000. Returned to drink for a few years then sober for a few then found pain pills . Wash repeat. Loser. I'm on my second and final withdrawl. I'm using the same method I did last time. I haven't drank in 3 years but took pain pills for the last 2 or so. Steadily increasing to 60 to 80 mg of oxycodone a day just to feel normal\ slightly ill. My dealer strung me out the other day And I'm ready to face life. I need to detox. Took my last 20 mg of oxy yesterday in pieces from 6 am till 3 pm. I usually have 40mg or more on board by then and already felt sick took 2 mg of sub at 3 am fearing precipitate wd. Didn't happen. In fact I slept till 11 am. And worked hard all day no symptoms at all. Took .25 mg at 8 pm and will try to make it till morning. Doing a 4 or 5 day with sub detox the ct. Will keep you posted. No more ego that says I can use without consequences. No more ego that says I'm not good enough to stay sober.
    Ok so today was a mix bag. Took 1 mg at 6am and 1mg at about 9am. I needed to function. Worked 12 and 1/2 hrs feeling >>>>>> for the most part but had moments when I felt ok. Hard physical work topping for sewer pipe laying. The exersise kept my mind busy stomach is a bit quezzy. It seems to take a while before the sub kicks in. several hours even. I have a bout .5 mg for sleep Tonite won't use it unless I have too. No appetite drinking water boost and muscle milk muti vitamin and loperimide in small doses.

I know you first posted on the forums here back in early 2015, I'm glad that you have come back and started your very own thread!

Have you considered using the subs properly? Short-term sub tapers very seldom produce long-term results! Subs should never be taken on an "as needed basis", they need to be taken in a very structured manner in order to provide the absolute best results! If you follow Robert's sub therapy/taper plan which by the way has proven to be successful among thousands upon thousands of people already you would have the best chance for long-term sobriety while experiencing the least amount of discomfort throughout the sub therapy/taper plan!

If this is something that you would like to do I would be more than happy to go into greater detail and help you along the way? Update when you can? God bless us all!
    WifeMotherSister likes this.

Hey Rick. I would use them properly as you say but I have a limited supply. I'm not using them as needed. I'm trying to find the lowest dose I can function on. Goal is under 2 mg by day 3. 1mg by day 5 .5 day 6 and 7 Comfort is not. Sub Docs in my area are nuts.They put you on way too high a dose. Can't get in anyway. At any rate I have 16 mg to work with and that's it. I did stay clean for 2 years and was doing well.The problem really isn't getting off its staying off. First things first. I'm not playing games. Subs scare the >>>> out of me. I haven't much fight left In me. But hey thanks for responding. I was just putting this down here as a reminder for me to read next time I think I can handle just one. Peace.

Idk if it matters but I really haven't been high in months . I do have pain issues back leg neck and arthritis but If rather have that than be dependant any longer . I'm so done.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Rick. I would use them properly as you say but I have a limited supply. I'm not using them as needed. I'm trying to find the lowest dose I can function on. Goal is under 2 mg by day 3. 1mg by day 5 .5 day 6 and 7 Comfort is not. Sub Docs in my area are nuts.They put you on way too high a dose. Can't get in anyway. At any rate I have 16 mg to work with and that's it. I did stay clean for 2 years and was doing well.The problem really isn't getting off its staying off. First things first. I'm not playing games. Subs scare the >>>> out of me. I haven't much fight left In me. But hey thanks for responding. I was just putting this down here as a reminder for me to read next time I think I can handle just one. Peace.

I understand. Best of luck to you! God bless us all!

PS
    "One pill is too many and a thousand pills will never be enough"

Bwaldridge03 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    I understand. Best of luck to you! God bless us all!

PS
    "One pill is too many and a thousand pills will never be enough"
    This is so true!

Hard day at work today. While the physical labor helps Im feeling weak. I'm very underweight as a result of my use and not eating,not eating right and other health issues. I never was very big been super thin all my life. Hard to eat when you feel like >>>>. I'm drinking high calorie protein better than nothing. My brains in a fog. I'm mildly nauseous all day. Got by yesterday and today on 2 mg . Hard to be super accurate as it is an 8 mg pill cut into 4 then 8 pcs. I have a strip I can be more exact with. Goal is to jump on Sunday. Easter...
    Meanwhile at work today I no more than get there and my "Buddy" who happens to be my dealers husband ask me how I'm doing. Shakes a bottle of perks and asked me if I want some. I told him no I'm good. I know if I took the whole bottle it would do nothing. He left the bottle in plain sight all day at work. My reaction conflicted. At no time was I tempted to take them but I know they will always be there. I did ask him not to offer me any ever again and he said ok but if you ever need some....... I'll cross those bridges when I get there. Just trying to make it to the other side and keep going...

Thanks Rick I appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Bwaldridge03 View Post
    This is so true!
    All of them isn't enough

Have you considered using the subs properly? Short-term sub tapers very seldom produce long-term results! Subs should never be taken on an "as needed basis", they need to be taken in a very structured manner in order to provide the absolute best results! If you follow Robert's sub therapy/taper plan which by the way has proven to be successful among thousands upon thousands of people already you would have the best chance for long-term sobriety while experiencing the least amount of discomfort throughout the sub therapy/taper plan!

If this is something that you would like to do I would be more than happy to go into greater detail and help you along the way? Update when you can? God bless us all![/QUOTE]

Hey Rick. I did finally go and read Roberts plan. It makes a lot of scense. I have reviewed my last four days thought about what you said and I'm going to try to adapt it to the plan as close as possible with what I have to work with. Overall I have taken an average of less than 2 mg per day for the last 3 days and have done reasonably well.This is because I split a pill and have the biggest of the 4 left I split that and they are near the size I've taken daily. I feel pretty good and even got some sleep and nutrition. I'm wondering your thoughts on how to best plan what I have left. One pcs tomaro one the day after for an average of 1.6 mg over 5 days. Thing is what I have left is a strip. Easier to cut more precisely. My question to you is is there a difference in efficacy I should factor in? Both pill and film are sublingual.

Have you considered actually seeing a suboxone doctor? Tapering properly? Is that even an option for you? I jumped from 2mg of suboxone and it was so hard to continue to work. I suffered through it. I’m still dealing with it. I’m just afraid the short term sub won’t work. Maybe try to find a legit doctor who’s not doing it for the money and taper properly if possible. As much as I hate suboxone it did save my life and allowed me to get my life together. I’m still in the beginning stages of sobriety but I don’t think I ever would have stopped chasing h and pills if it wasn’t for that.

Bwald. No it is not an option for me. There is a waiting list and only one sub doc I know of in the area. A friend if mine is one of his victims. He was popping maybe 50 /60 mg oxycodone a day and was put on 16 mg sub. His way or the highway. He cut himself down to be 4 mg a. Day but has been on it over ten years. Not a route I want to take. Im gonna do the best I can with what I have. Damn the torpedoes I'm doing this.

After finally falling asleep at midnight I slept like a rock last night woke to 530 am alarm I feel pretty good but that's knowing I have my crutch. This >>>> is so mental. work called off due to weather. took approx 1mg this am and will go from here. 300 pm will be 4 days without oxycodone . 3 1/2 days in sub at 1.5 ? 1.6 mg. I sleep with a fan on but have a sleep matching that makes white noise. I find it soothing sometimes irritable others. No work today so rest exersise and eat. Take care of me day. With the weather employer called us off it !at turn into a 4 day weekend. I don't know if that's good or bad work keeps me occupied. Would be nice to feel I had some support in all this but for now it seems it's just me and God. If he exists. I went to meetings for years. It's a good program/ way to live. Did all that . Got the phone #s and used them all the time. Went to 3 meetings a day for over 3 months at least 2 a day for a year. I stopped going gradually. I haven't got a single ducking call . I don't plan on going back to AS and there is virtually no sobriety at all at the NA meetings.

I feel a bit better this am. Day 4 5&6 were always the worst. Maybe the drop to 1 mg today will work out well. I really don't have much of a choice with what I have to work with. You play you pay

Yeah the mental was pretty bad for me once I had my last mg I was freakin out. I had no idea what to expect. Maybe you’ll get lucky though. Take the sub just long enough to bypass the pill wd but not quite long enough to have sub wd. You gotta stay strong and put it in gods hands

Quote Originally Posted by Bwaldridge03 View Post
    Yeah the mental was pretty bad for me once I had my last mg I was freakin out. I had no idea what to expect. Maybe you’ll get lucky though. Take the sub just long enough to bypass the pill wd but not quite long enough to have sub wd. You gotta stay strong and put it in gods hands
    Hey Bwald. Thanks. I read your story. I'm cheering for you too! I feel well enough to go have lunch with my Octogenarian Parents today. It's my Moms birthday.. Addicts are amazing people. The amount of pain and anguish we can inflict and endure are mindboggling. When we turn that into more constructive things the sky is the limit. I pray I don't lose focus and use this experience to never have to go through it again. That's the other thing I find remarkable is that our memories seem to forget how bad it gets with remarkable ease. Peace Brother. Show me the way.

Ok I had forgotten about one of the symptoms I've had that makes it tough. Disphoria. A feeling of unreality. It can be spooky at times. I had lunch with my Parents. Made me a little sad I won't have them much longer. My mom looks very old. Played 9 holes of golf with my Dad. Dang he does well for an 80 year old. Friggin incredible. Need to get past this icky feeling. Only 1 mg today feeling blah and spooky. Hope it passes soon.

Day 5 no oxy. The spooky has passed for the time being anyway. Got by yesterday on 1mg sub. It was a little rough but doable sleep came
    late but I did sleep. No appetite yet forcing fluids girl scout cookies thin mint! And bananas. Took .125 at noon that's it for today. I am very cold and have moderate gooseflesh but I took a long hot shower and am pretty comfortable right now very tired.. Felt icky but none of the craving for the one pill will take it all away type. Something weird. I seem to have become obsessively focused on the Apollo moon missions. This strange obsession happend last time too but it was the blizzard of 78 that had my focus. Idk I'll just roll with that it keeps me ocupied. The landing scene in first man is incredibly riviting. Going to get the DVD today. Every hour that passes takes me further from the past and closer to my goal.

Someinkedchick is offline New Member

Hey Jedie50, I'm on my 8th day of Suboxone withdrawals and just my two cents but stay away from Suboxone long term. It can be a great short term fix but it's got so many draw backs! I'm happy to read about your progress as I'm going through my own battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Someinkedchick View Post
    Hey Jedie50, I'm on my 8th day of Suboxone withdrawals and just my two cents but stay away from Suboxone long term. It can be a great short term fix but it's got so many draw backs! I'm happy to read about your progress as I'm going through my own battles.
    That's why we stick together takes one to know one sometimes and man is that the truth with addicts. Best of luck on your journey as well. Tough day but there is no avoiding it. Peace
    J

Day 5 no oxy. The spooky has passed for the time being anyway. Got by yesterday on 1mg sub. It was a little rough but doable sleep came
    late but I did sleep. No appetite yet forcing fluids girl scout cookies thin mint! And bananas. Took .125 at noon that's it for today. I am very cold and have moderate gooseflesh but I took a long hot shower and am pretty comfortable right now very tired.. Felt icky but none of the craving for the one pill will take it all away type. Something weird. I seem to have become obsessively focused on the Apollo moon missions. This strange obsession happend last time too but it was the blizzard of 78 that had my focus. Idk I'll just roll with that it keeps me ocupied. The landing scene in first man is incredibly riviting. Going to get the DVD today. Every hour that passes takes me further from the past and closer to my goal.
    Whatever you can do to distract yourself! I know on my first week I was getting hooked on religious videos then suboxone withdrawal videos now all I ever do is listen to music it instantly puts my mind at ease! Good luck man keep doing what you’re doing

sorcha1 is offline New Member

I'm doing the exact same thing here in Scotland!I don't know why everyone thinks a long term sub is the future,in Britain as a whole they very rarely prescribe subs at all....I have 3 8 mg tablets and today is my first day with no pain meds in almost 18 years...message if you want to talk

Quote Originally Posted by sorcha1 View Post
    I'm doing the exact same thing here in Scotland!I don't know why everyone thinks a long term sub is the future,in Britain as a whole they very rarely prescribe subs at all....I have 3 8 mg tablets and today is my first day with no pain meds in almost 18 years...message if you want to talk
    Sometimes people need to the sub long term to get them away from the chase of pills h or whatever. I don’t think I ever would have quit pills and h if I didn’t stay on suboxone long term. If I had to do it all over again I probably would have tried sub short term but honestly I don’t think it would have worked for me. I needed to distance myself from from all of that. Now I never crave h or pills like it doesn’t even cross my mind. Honestly suboxone saved my life. The last time I done h I woke up in the ER cuz I overdosed. As bad as suboxone is it really does save lives and some people need it long term like myself. Now I’m 20 days clean and I ain’t looking back

Have to agree with Bwald. Do wetf you have too to get off the junk that is ruling your life. B I saw your post I'm right there with you on the whole Easter\ Family thing. I had .125 yesterday wrestled the bear all last night and just jumped today. Nothing today. Vaped a!lot of CBD but no thc. And an Aleve feel pretty decent considering. Body is sore AF but hope that pain encourages natural production of whatever. It's a mind set from here on out. I'm really drained but determined. No motivation but it will come. Hand tough
    Peace
    J

Hang.... Lol

So that's 8 mg sub over 6 days. No sub 1 day as of 3 p.m. No oxy 7 days as of 3 p.m.
    I will do this. Need to get back to being me. Prolly go to some meetings soon too.
    Melinda-1 likes this.

I thought about doing meetings but honestly I think hearing people talk about their past drug use in detail would make me crave. Reading forums like this and listening to Addicts on YouTube is good enough for me at least for now. I hope it all works out for you I know you can do it. Whatever bad feelings you may have just know it will pass and it’ll all be worth it. By the way you can call me Brandon. I guess I should made a better username didn’t realize it was gonna he the name that shows up on every post before I made it lol

Melinda-1 is offline New Member

Hi my name is Melinda I was Robert's wife! I have been clean for over 10 years now! But I had to have a surgery and it got messed up so I was on opiates for a couple months! so just for the heck of it we thought we would do a short taper on myself! It is on a thread in here somewhere! but the short taper worked great for me! thought I would throw this out there!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast