Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dachuster
3 months on Vicodin What to expect?
    Dachuster is offline New Member

Default 3 months on Vicodin What to expect?

So I've been abusing my prescription of 10mg/325mg of norcos and want to go back to normal. I was starting with 20-30mg at the beginning and increasing my dose for about 3 months. Within the past few weeks I have been taking about 60-80mg a day. Any experience in how stopping will go? I want to be prepared for withdrawal symptoms.

I'm at the point where I feel very jittery and anxious through the next day and some slight nausea until I take my next dose (I wait until the evening)
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-12-2017 at 05:00 AM.
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dachuster View Post
    So I've been abusing my prescription of 10mg/325mg of norcos and want to go back to normal. I was starting with 20-30mg at the beginning and increasing my dose for about 3 months. Within the past few weeks I have been taking about 60-80mg a day. Any experience in how stopping will go? I want to be prepared for withdrawal symptoms.

I'm at the point where I feel very jittery and anxious through the next day and some slight nausea until I take my next dose (I wait until the evening)
    Welcome!

I am a strong advocate of cold turkey detox. Instead of weeks and months struggling to stay on course with a taper and still not feeling well much of the time, you'll have around five days of acute physical symptoms and will then be left feeling much like you're getting over the flu. For a few weeks after that (different for everyone) you might have some trouble sleeping and with lethargy but so long as you can remain strong, these will pass too.

What you can expect for a cold turkey is all-over aches, restless legs, bathroom issues, hot/cold flashes, trouble sleeping and some but not the majority, have some nausea. These symptoms can be treated with vitamins and supplements, hot baths, and heating pads. Not perfect but it helps. The aches and restless legs will stop abruptly around day 5 but the hot/cold, sleep, and lack of energy will hang around for a while afterwards but aside from being tired, you should be mostly comfortable.

The supplements I mentioned are included in the Thomas Recipe. Google it and read it. You can and should begin taking those things immediately. I hope you decide to set your mind on a Day 1 and get on with this.. Benzos are a part of the Thomas Recipe but unless you're already taking them, don't start now. They are highly addictive and worse than opiates to get off of (dangerous too).

Stay tuned and keep posting. It helps to read as many threads as you can here to give you a real time idea of what to expect. This is doable, I promise. Let us know what you're going to do and when. We'll be right here to help however we can.

Peace,

Cat

Dachuster is offline New Member

Thanks Cat. Good info all around. I appreciate the quick response, I'll try it all (apart from the benzos) just to be safe. Sooner I can quit this, the sooner I can get on with my life.

Gilsmom is offline Member

Hi and welcome!
    I jumped from around that amount and remembered at around day 5 when things were well on the way to getting better I realized that it was not as scary as I had built it up to be in my mind!! Just took things as they came and embraced the symptoms in a way!! Just wanted to add that!! It's very doable and you will feel soooo much better!
    Take care.. Keep posting!! We're all in this together!!
    Mary