Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By oxyclean
30 days off oxycodone and was 300mg day user..
    oxyclean is offline New Member

Default 30 days off oxycodone and was 300mg day user..

Newbie here and lerker...I decided to post...I been on opiets for 10 plus years as daily user....I started on the hydros 5mg prob 4 a day for 5 years then up to 10/325 4 a day...2 years ago I stepped up to the nightmare oxy...Yes 15mg 2 a day and 6 months later 200mg + a day..Next thing I am at 300MG a day!! It happened so fast....2 years and started to bump them...BIG MISTAKE...I think that is what got me to such a high level...It was/is so tasty....

I read many peoples approcah to quit..I decided to I need to do this and did....I got 8 8mg suboxone.....Here is what I did and I never had WD except 2 days of headache. Sleep was horrible for 6 days! So be prepared..day 4 I took Clazapam 2 MG...I have insomnia so nothing new but was to point I couldn't fall asleep day 2-6
    900 PM last 60 MG oxy before day 1

Day 1 woke up sweating, felt head buzzing. gut in knots 4 MG 8 am........4MG 5PM
    Day2 3MG 8 AM..........3MG 430 PM Bad head ache all day
    Day3 2 MG 8AM.........2 MG 5 PM Bad head ache all day
    Day4 2MG 730AM.........1MG 450 PM
    Day5 broke into little pieces...I did little piece twice in day 9am/5PM
    Day 6-8 same small pieces twice day
    Day 9 9 AM small little piece

Day 10 Nothing. and feeling great

Day 1 was great day 2 and 3 major headache.....The rest is a past....If I can do this so can you...I do get urges but I look at how much money I have in 30 days that didn't goto my demons and feel like a champ...

From day 1 to present I been taking these vitamins B6/12, L-Tyrosine, Emercen-C, Multi Vitamin and Vit D.

I do 45 min cardio every morning....My skin color is back..My weight is dropping.

Sexual pleasures went to hard to not able to climax to being a 5 pump chump...This I am concerned about and have no idea why?!?! But have a drive 5 times a day!!! Amazing how my drive has gone up and no erectile issues which opiets did give me.

I am disabled Vet, Successful businessman, father and loving life. I forgot what it feels like to be alive! It's hard..I have active script which I told doc I dont need! I suffer migraines, back issues but none can be an excuse....Healthy living is the best drug!

Remember I was a hard opiet user long term. I am 30 days no oxycodone and 21 odd days no Subs...

God bless everyone....It's not easy but it is realistic.....What worked for me may not work for you..But WD were no issue! That was my biggest fear.....Loose stool is the worst I have now but thats minor...You have to want it.. You can do it! It will be a life time battle....But each day I awake I feel great that I am alive!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-18-2013 at 10:17 AM.
    HarrySmooth likes this.

Whathaveyougot is offline New Member

That's awesome man. I had to kick a pretty substantial oxy habit after getting wounded overseas. Well oxy hydro and morphine. Active duty and the VA seem to just feed us whatever just to keep us from wanting our injuries fixed properly. I wish I would have known about suboxone when I decided to kick or at least known someone that knew about it. I did 30 days of cold turkey hell. It was totally worth it not to be a slave to that pharmaceutical demon. I'm six months clean and going strong I don't even crave after what I went through. It might be harder to resist picking it back up if I didn't experience the horrible WD's though. Thanks for your service!! I would still be in if my legs still worked properly. Anyway I hope your info helps some who are scared to quit because of the WD's.
    Jon

Whathaveyougot thank you and thank you for your service..I was a green beret, 18B....When your brain s trained to be strong you adapt an overcome....This is the only tool I have to keep clean...I dont know how you did CT 30 days but admire you doing it...My plan worked and the worst part was 2 days or headaches and I am a migraine suffer and oxy is part of my treatment..I made it thru with Imatrix and Advil.

Keep up the sobriety....I wish it was easy for me and is a daily struggle parts of the day but I went 29 years with out it and the 11 years with it is far less...

God bless, kick the devil in the ass and drive on. Wha Rah!

I loved being in the military. I was a TAC P FAC in the Air Force all 4 tours where in Afghanistan. My dad and Brother where Green Berets dad Vietnam and brother OIF. Younger brother is in a LARS unit in AK. The 30 days where brutal. They weren't however all the same level. After 2 weeks it tapered gradually to near baseline with just residual body aches and low blood pressure at the 30 day mark. In my spare time I help these young GIs that get caught using opium over in the desert find the best way to get them selves clean before they go before the board. So they have a better chance of keeping their benefits after getting discharged. They aren't allowed to re-enlist but if they get clean and stay clean they can get an honorable and keep their GI bill and VA benefits. I just volunteered to help a couple of my brothers friends who got in trouble and I get tons of calls and emails from other soldiers all over the US asking for help. I'm going to use your technique along with a couple of others I have heard on here to help quick detox these kids within their allotted two weeks off. If they aren't detoxed by then they have no chance of getting an honorable. If they are detoxed and can stand proud in front of the board and look presentable they will get the honorable and get convalescent leave to go through an inpatient program. I will let you guys know how the different styles of detox work out for them. If you are near a base and are interested in volunteering I can hook you up.

Stay well
    Jon

Hi Jon!!

I been in touch with the Wounded warrior project but are not accepting volunteers anymore..I was WTF there isnt even a cite in my State how can you be full!!!

I do volunteer at the VA home...Mostly elderly but it gets me out...I stay active....Hockey,biking,hiking.......I cant believe I feel so high not taking blues..Blues were my best friend...Honestly it wasnt so bad when I just ate them..I didnt do more that 60-90 a day and could function a day or so without..Once I started crushing and sniffing game was over..I was in love...I never did coke or anything...Never a rec user just my scripts...The spiraled out of control. Once the crushing started so did my doses and amount per day...I couldnt function without..WD.....

Now a question.....I use to wake up 2 times in middle of night to pee....Also often would wake up soaken wet....I assume the soaking wet >>>> and legs was WD while sleeping? Since clean I sleep straight thru without waking to pee....My water intake had gone to little to 2 gal plus a day...So now more intake of water and no piss in middle of sleep!!!!!!

I feel good...My shrink, my therapist and my doc all saw me at one point this week and none knew of my habits....I have PTSD and they said why are you so happy....It was no pony show...I genuinely feel like a millon bucks..High on life.....Cravings come and go and know I cant have just 1 pill....

Thanks for writing and keep in touch Jon....I am 70% disabled...I am sure you are up there to...100% maybe on the plate soon...Who knows..

Oxy,
    Yea man I'm drawing 100% from various injuries sustained during my hitch in the AF. As for the sweating at night I had the same thing happen to me. I always thought it was my body sweating because I was too hot, and I was just to messed up to move and cool down. I always sweated way more while I was using. My lower body was always under the blankets even when the rest of me was uncovered and staying cool. As for the wounded warrior project I am unsure of their need for volunteers. I haven't had much exposure to their services. They do have a big concert arena and nice billeting style place to put up GI's during event right outside Tyler here.
    I don't know what part of the country you are in. I'm in Texas but travel frequently, mostly to the west coast. If you are ever out this way let me know. I always have a spare bed for a fellow vet. Keep in touch man. I'm really glad you are feeling great. There isn't a much better feeling than the feeling of being free from the heavy weight and tiring burden of that old dirty >>>>>, Addiction.
    Keep me posted on your well being and let me know if I can be of any assistance to you as you continue along the already awesome path you have created. Keep looking up man!!
    Jon

HarrySmooth is offline Advanced Member

Hey Oxy...
    my name is Harry and I GOTTA tell ya man, WOW, your Story sounds SO much like Mine it is SCARY!!!! I too am a Vet, US Navy, completed BUDS training but went back to regular Navy after BUDS due to injury to my inner ear that prevented me from Diving anymore...so what did I do with an inner ear injury? GunnersMate! LOL....but anyway, I too am a Business Owner, I own a couple of small Cigar Shops here on the Space Coast of Florida and also was doing 300mgs+ of Oxy/Day! Now I dunno about you, sounds like you had a script for yours, but I was buying off the Street for mine after the VA detected Weed in my Pee Test and cut off my Script....and at $30 a pill for 30mg Blues, you do the Math!!!! My Business was suffering Horribly, and after almost losing it, I finally decided to go the Suboxone route to get clean! I was 4 months clean when I had a Relapse for a few weeks, then tapered off the Oxys again without using the Subs...just tapered down off the Oxys and finally "Jumped" at 15mgs/day.

Please feel free to go back and read my Threads, and you will see alot of similarities in our stories!
    Congradulations on your sobriety Brother, and keep up the Great Work! You sound like an amazing individual and I hope for your continued success!
    Have a GReat Day!

Jon I am on the Right coast ha....Texas is to fkn hot.....After a NTC training we went to hood to do some tactical training for 2 weeks..Man I swore I'd never go back to texas LOL....But man your a gem and appreciate the offer....The sweats I thought like you...I took the duvet cover off my down comforter...Mind me its a $850 high end Northern comforter you use year round.. I couldnt figure it out..My shirt was as wet as doing a 10 mile run in 110 degree heat and boxers were soaked....So now I can see I would WD while sleeping......And waking up 2 times a night to Pee??? My body waking up in shock?? They say thats a sign of body shock Pee is an awakener??1?! IDK But now no sweats, no waking to pee and I work out like a champ and drink 2 plus gal water a day.

Harry my friend....Dept Navy has some issues...One extreme to another with ears? Sorry on BUDS and not getting on a team...I was on an Alpha team and was proudest moment of m life besides my childs birth and Now sobriety.

I could easily relapse....But its a mind game...If anyones been thru SERS school then you will know what mental is. This is just 1 big head game!!

Today I am sluggish..Maybe because it's 1st day in 30 odd days I havent worked out but I am to tired...Energy level is low...I am volunteering later today....It's warm today and fk it chill day!

Love you guys not in a sailor way hahaha.....Be in touch please...Small support group is always good.....My support group is me myself and I.....I hid my addition and people are asking me now if I am high cause I am wired and bouncing off walls so fkn happy and alive again..Go figure!

Please keep in touch and in a nice inner circle!!!

De oppresso liber

Thats us...Free the oppressed!!

Montanaman is offline New Member

Default Just a question for you

Quote Originally Posted by Whathaveyougot View Post
    That's awesome man. I had to kick a pretty substantial oxy habit after getting wounded overseas. Well oxy hydro and morphine. Active duty and the VA seem to just feed us whatever just to keep us from wanting our injuries fixed properly. I wish I would have known about suboxone when I decided to kick or at least known someone that knew about it. I did 30 days of cold turkey hell. It was totally worth it not to be a slave to that pharmaceutical demon. I'm six months clean and going strong I don't even crave after what I went through. It might be harder to resist picking it back up if I didn't experience the horrible WD's though. Thanks for your service!! I would still be in if my legs still worked properly. Anyway I hope your info helps some who are scared to quit because of the WD's.
    Jon
    I am now over a month clean of a 7 year Lortab habit that cleared at 400mg of just the tortab a day. I quit cold turkey and for the most part I am feeling pretty good. However, my legs still hurt. Anyone else have this same problem and how long will it last?

Hey Montana,

Do you have an exercise regimen? If you drink plenty of water, and exercise/stretch your leg cramps will subside. Welcome to the board. This is really a great resource for support and information. If there is anything I can help you with please let me know. Also a healthy diet is a key factor in beating back the cramps. Also I don't know how much they help, but I also take several vitamin supplements. I can give you my exercise routine, diet and list of supplements if you like?

Stay well,
    Jon

it's 11 AM just finished my 50 min cardio....Ughhhhhh coffee pls....How is everyone?
    Lortabs I hate to say are pretty tame...I did em 7 plus years and never had WD from em when out except cravings....If legs are sore exercise and drink a ton of H2O! My legs never had the symptoms many experience because I road bike, play hockey and abuse my body to a point there to sore and tired to care LOL!

Jon what are you doing for vitamins? Me B6/B12, Multi, L-Tyresine

Lortabs suck man..Get off em..Theres way to much acedeamedphine SP? in them and your liver will rot! FLush your system..Goto Trader Joes buy 2 bottles of cleanings tabs 1 is am and other is PM and clean that body out! its simple and they have no affects...It flushed my body fairly well despite I know my insides will suffer for a long time before they recover.

I am on a sneezing fit...It maybe allergies but Ive read many had the same thing..Common for 30 plus day off opiets??

If anyone lurks like I did for a long time...Make the right move..Get off oxy,opiets....I can honestly say I feared not bumping my habit...The rush from the nose to throat to the body....I can say the rush I have from high energy I have now is a much better high....I did 300 MG plus..up to 460MG...The financial aspects killed me...I only got 260 15mg a month so do the math..I was paying like 3500 plus a month....That is what a nice sporty convertible I could of paid cash?

I am white collar, disable Vet, father, son, and ALIVE again....

The urges are still with me but I know they will pass....It's a long road ahead but this forum has amazing people. Do it for you not for anyone else...In the end you will appreciate yourself and feel liberated from the controlling drugs that dictate your day!

God Bless and Strong mind!

Harry are you out there brother?

robbie-ny is offline New Member

Oxyclean - not sure if you're still reading this but I wanted to comment on the sexual side effects you mentioned as I too am finding that one of the toughest things to deal with when quitting.

When using (Percs and/or Tramadol) I could last as long as I wanted - was an absolute dynamo in bed (no dysfunction but total control). This amazing "staying power" is gone being clean. My wife has of course noticed a difference but she has no idea why the change. This is one tough part for men getting off which I havent seen mentioned before.

Your the only other guy I've seen mention this so just thought I would commiserate. Work the Kegel muscles - its' all we can do!

robbie-ny is offline New Member

I meant "getting clean" above. "getting off" was perhaps a poor choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by HarrySmooth View Post
    Hey Oxy...
    my name is Harry and I GOTTA tell ya man, WOW, your Story sounds SO much like Mine it is SCARY!!!! I too am a Vet, US Navy, completed BUDS training but went back to regular Navy after BUDS due to injury to my inner ear that prevented me from Diving anymore...so what did I do with an inner ear injury? GunnersMate! LOL....but anyway, I too am a Business Owner, I own a couple of small Cigar Shops here on the Space Coast of Florida and also was doing 300mgs+ of Oxy/Day! Now I dunno about you, sounds like you had a script for yours, but I was buying off the Street for mine after the VA detected Weed in my Pee Test and cut off my Script....and at $30 a pill for 30mg Blues, you do the Math!!!! My Business was suffering Horribly, and after almost losing it, I finally decided to go the Suboxone route to get clean! I was 4 months clean when I had a Relapse for a few weeks, then tapered off the Oxys again without using the Subs...just tapered down off the Oxys and finally "Jumped" at 15mgs/day.

Please feel free to go back and read my Threads, and you will see alot of similarities in our stories!
    Congradulations on your sobriety Brother, and keep up the Great Work! You sound like an amazing individual and I hope for your continued success!
    Have a GReat Day!
    where are you my friend???

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by oxyclean View Post
    where are you my friend???
    Hey there. Harry's still around. He has a thread called "Oh NO...not again" on the Need to Talk board. Just wanted to let you know. You may want to post there so he'll see it. Hope all is well with you.

Kat