• 3 Post By Rockbottombounce
  • 1 Post By Beefaroni7272
  • 2 Post By Rockbottombounce
  • 1 Post By Beefaroni7272
  • 1 Post By Autumnhopes
300 mg Roxy 30 taper
    Rockbottombounce is offline New Member

Default 300 mg Roxy 30 taper

Good morning everyone. I've been taking anywhere from 8-10 30 mg roxys a day and would love to eventually stop taking them all together. I have tried to just stop taking them and to take a suboxone when the WD is at it's worst. I have tried to kick this habit when I wasn't taking such a high daily dose and the subs helped tremendously. But now that I've gotten up to such a high amount it seems the sub doesn't help at all and I feel crippled. Basically what I'm asking is what would be the proper taper to get down from 300 mg to something more manageable. I'm ready to stop but I'm unable to miss work to WD. I just want to get to a level where I can take the sub and not be rendered useless for the week. I'm asking here because everyone in my life has cut turned their back or cut ties all together to me. Any and all insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Welcome!

The worst thing you can do is to use Suboxone on an as needed basis. You'll experience highs and lows and you'll suffer once you stop the subs. If you're going to use Suboxone, then please use it the right way. That means stopping your drug of choice and allow moderate/severe wd's to hit. Use the Cows Scale to determine when it's safe to take the sub. Begin the induction with small (.25mg-.5mg) doses every hour until you're stable. Remain on the stable dose about a week then perform the taper process by reducing your dose by 25% every 4-7 days. That's the correct way to use subs.

Having said that Suboxone should always be the last choice made when you're wanting to be clean and free of the drugs you're using. Try tapering, try cold turkey, maybe try them multiple times and if not successful then Suboxone may be right for you. Subs are an opiate too, are very strong, and have a very long half life. Taking them once in a while isn't going to accomlish a thing.

You could certainly give tapering a try at this point, but be prepared to use all your willpower and a strong determination throughout that process. It's very easy to take extra doses when things get rough. You might try lowering your dose by 1/2 of a pill every 4 days until you're down to the lowest possible amount and then stop. That should limit symptoms.

You might want to consider just getting it over with cold turkey. You'll have around a weeks worth of symptoms, but it's the fastest way off. Theres no easy way to do this, no magic cure and no way around it, I've searched and there just isn't any. You'll have wd's no matter what you do. For that reason you have to want this more than anything else in the world to be successful.

Make a plan and stick with it. If that doesn't work try something else, just never stop trying. Help and support is here for you no matter what you decide. Continue to post and you'll receive more replies. Take care.

Randy
    Rockbottombounce likes this.

Randy thank you very much for taking the time out to answer the questions I've had. You're right I've been looking for the easy way out. Thank you for pulling me back to reality and letting me know that this is something that needs to be toughed out. So if I would attempt tapering. Do 10 today-Thursday. Then go down to 9.5/9 so on and so forth. I really am ready to try to get my life back together but if we're being honest I'm terrified and that's the only thing that's making me hesitant. Again thank you for the time and reply. I'm just gonna go for it and try to CT. Wish me luck
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Is the decrease by half he max or could I go down by a full pill every 4-7?

asp44 is offline Member

If you want to decrease more than suggested then thats completely understood. But thats a fairly large dose you are taking. Try it and if you feel bad afterwards then you could always take another half. Its all really trial & error. Best of luck

Thank you to all. I appreciate you folks taking the time out to explain things I'm sure you've explained numerous times over. Wish me luck here goes nothing

Just wanted to check in. Thank you guys for the help and words of wisdom and support. As of today I am 25 days clean of roxys and 2 weeks off of subs.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Congratulations!! That's awesome! Feels good right. It only gets better from here. How are you feeling? Keep up the good work. Proud of you!!!

Stay strong
    Beef

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbottombounce View Post
    Just wanted to check in. Thank you guys for the help and words of wisdom and support. As of today I am 25 days clean of roxys and 2 weeks off of subs.
    Way to go!!! Congratulations. Thank you for checking in to let us know how you're doing. People post and then disappear and we can't help but think of them hoping that they're doing well and didn't just throw the towel in. Others needs to see that with the right mindset and determination, sobriety is possible for each and every one of us. Giant kudos to you.

Peace,

Cat

Thank you very much. I must say the support and knowledge shown here made it infinite times easier. I feel better than I have in over 5 years and I feel even better with every passing day. It's crazy how much clearer my mind is. Everything is better. Waking up is better. I'm just happy to be here honestly. This has been and continues to be such a learning experience. We're a lot stronger than the pills/drugs lead us to believe. Taking it a day at a time and enjoying the moment. Again thank you guys so much. I love every single one of you.

That's the main reason I wanted to post. I found myself scouring these forums looking for someone saying they had success. While I am definitely in the beginning stages of recovery but it's a lot further than I ever imagined being attainable.

Anonymous Guest

It took me a full month to taper from a 62.5 mg fentanyl patch, pretty much a week at every 12.5 mg reduction. At the end I was prescribed Percocet, which helped for about a week, then I cut that. Each reduction sucked for a day or two then stabilized, feeling ok. The final withdrawal from the fentanyl was fierce for a full four days. The percs barely touched it, but seemed to help eventually. Quitting them was pretty easy, they made me sick, dizzy, but I guess like suboxone, those 10 days of low dose (5mg) percs cushioned my fall. It still sucked tho, which I sorta accepted. Opiate withdrawal sucks regardless of taper or cold turkey. If you can stick to a taper it sucks less.

Hey rockbottom. Just wanted to stop by and see how you're doing. Catch us up!!

Beef

Hey what's up?! I hope all is well and the holidays and new year are good to all of you. I'm doing well today is my 76th day off of roxys. Haven't taken a sub in almost 65 days. I feel really good. Like a new person good. The urges are still there but I'm learning to cope. Meetings help tremendously. Thanks for checking in. I hope you're doing well yourself.

That's awesome!! Congratulations! Keep it up. Not too scary anymore right? Glad things are going well for you. Hope you had a great holidays.

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Not nearly as scary as it once was that's for sure. Now the fear of feeling that way ever again help me stay on track

Well said!! My thoughts exactly!!!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Autumnhopes is offline Member

That awesome Rockbottom! U got it done.. I'm so amazed & happy for u!! I've been struggling really hard.. but u are succeeding & that's wonderful
    Probably bc u go to meetings & are super committed. I can hear it in your posts. Good for you!!